chapter 09: Crescent Spring, Comforting the Little Buns

After diving into the water, Ling Jingxuan held his breath and slowly swam to the big carp not far away. As he drew very close, suddenly kicked off, and accelerated, but with a swing of its tail, the big carp slipped away from his hands, and into the deeper water. Thinking of his son’s disappointed eyes, Ling Jingxuan made up his mind and dived down, but…

This is?

There was a crescent-shaped groove at the bottom of the water, about dozens of meters long. The fish were all densely gathering in it. Ling Jingxuan couldn’t help picking his eyebrows. If he remembered correctly, he did not see any crescent-shaped groove when he was on the surface of the water. Where did it come from? And those fish, why are they all gathering here together? Even when he got in, they didn’t escape.

“Boohoo… daddy, you can’t die… I don’t want to eat fish… daddy…”

“Daddy…”

The children’s cry suddenly spread into his ears, Ling Jingxuan got dragged from his sense, but also at this time he found that he was breathing in the water, slender phoenix eyes could not help popping out. Is the crescent-shaped groove actually the spirit spring from another dimension? It appears in front of him, does it mean that he is its owner? So-called time-travel benefits?

The cries of the two buns grew bigger and bigger, leaving him no time to think. Whether it was or not, Ling Jingxuan caught a three or four jin carp, holding his breath to swim out of the crescent-shaped groove. After taking a look back at it, he tried to murmur in his heart, “Crescent Spring, in!”

Rumbling…

The next second, the water suddenly shook up, arousing waves of huge ripples, and when he came to his sense, the crescent-shaped groove disappeared. Ling Jingxuan couldn’t believe his eyes, and then he silently said, “Crescent Spring, out!”

This time there was no stir. In a blink of an eye, the Crescent Spring appeared again, and the fish swarmed into it. Two times of test was enough to prove that the spring was the golden finger the transmigration god bestowed him-a spring that could attract fish!

Haha… I’m rich!

“Purr…purr…”

Due to the huge joy, Ling Jingxuan forget that he was still in the water, choked on a few mouths of cold water, fortunately his reaction was fast enough. He tightly pressed his lips, withdrew the spring and got out of the water. As for whether the Crescent Spring had other uses, he had plenty of opportunities to try.

“Boo-hoo… daddy…”

“Daddy…”

“Clattering!”

By the creek, the two buns weltered in tears, throat already hoarse. As they thought they would lose their dad forever, the water surface suddenly clattered, Ling Jingxuan who had been missing for quite a while, holding a big carp, shot out of the water, “Sons, look what this is? Your daddy has caught a big carp, we can eat fish tonight.”

They stared at him, stoned. The next second, the two buns, still dressed, jumped into the water and swam toward him, crying, “Boohoo… daddy, daddy…”

“Oh, what’s that for? Don’t cry, don’t you cry.”

Seeing the situation, Ling Jingxuan’s heart tightened, and he hurriedly held each of them in one arm. The little bun holding his waist cried, “I thought daddy is gone. Boohoo, I will never eat fish, daddy, you don’t die, I don’t want to become a child without parents, daddy…”

“Daddy…”

The big bun was also red-eyed, trying hard to hold his tears, this time they were truly frightened. They had no mother. People in the village said his father was a monster, who gave birth to them. For them, he was both their father and mother. If he died, they really became the wild children with no parents.

“Be good, don’t cry, don’t cry, daddy is all right. Don’t cry. It wasted me some time catching this fish. I promise you that I would never let you worry about me again.”

Then he held them tightly in his arms. Ling Jingxuan didn’t tell them about the Crescent Spring thing, first, it was unimaginably queer, second, an innocent person would be found guilty if the thief stuffed the booties in his/her room. Crescent Spring was definitely a good thing, but in the future, in case that some unpredictable things happened, the less people knew about it, the better, especially the kids, they were too small. He couldn’t bring any disaster to them.

A killer must have a cold heart. In the 21st century, Ling Jingxuan was indeed ruthless, even Yass who loved him so deeply, he could still treat with indifferently. But since having transmigrated here, the two buns easily pried open his frozen heart, making him take them as his own sons from the bottom of the heart. Although in terms of blood, they were indeed of his seeds.

“We thought you dumped us…”

Two buns holding his waist, one on the left, while the other on the right, crying with the hoarse throat, which nearly made Ling Jingxuan’s heart break. He swam back to the bank carrying them, cast the carp into the barrel and then took them ashore. Naked, straddling on a big rock, he pulled them to sit on his laps, “How could daddy ever dump you? You’re daddy’s treasures.”

“Daddy!”

Patting them slightly on the trembling back, Ling Jingxuan was both sad and distressed, two buns held his neck, buried their heads in the pits of his neck, only fearing that he would disappear in the next second.

“Before, daddy was too stupid to care too much about other people’s opinions, which made you suffer. Now daddy has thought it through. I am no monster even if they call me that. I am who I am, I will no longer care about others’ thoughts about me. Let’s shut out the door and live our own lives.”

He knew, the two buns were afraid not just because of those things. Thinking what the owner had done before, Ling Jingxuan couldn’t help giving a middle finger in his heart. This home was already bitter and poor enough, while he was still immersed in his own world, throwing all the burden, responsibility and gossip to the two children, letting them bear huge pressure at such a young age, so that they seemed to be strong from outside, but actually they were quite fragile from inside. He must try to make them live a better life, let them able to wield both the pen and the weapons, and let those who had ever looked down on them and trampled on them regret to death!

“Hmm.”

The two buns nodded at the same time, finally no longer dropping the gold beans, and their little shaking bodies also gradually calmed down.