chapter 64: Cornering the Filial Son (2)

At the thought of those things that year, the old lady got angrier. In the Ling family, in addition to the patriarch of the family, she who was in charge of all the properties could make all decisions. Which daughter-in-law or grandchildren dare not listen to her? But that thing was like a thorn in her heart. In order to buy land for that bastard, the most well-bahaved couple had even conspired against her, and no matter how much she had enslaved them these years, her hatred had not diminished a little

The old lady’s words undoubtedly pricked into their hearts. Ling Chenglong and his wife whose faces were already pale enough now felt more disappointed, like the whole person falling into an ice hole. Over the years they had worked like a horse for this family, but still couldn’t counteract the unfial thing they had done that year. They only wanted to give their son a way out. Was it wrong?

Bam~

“Mother, my blood mother, will you stop please? I’m begging you. It was my fault that year. I will kowtow to you. Please, go home.”

A seven-chi tall rough man unexpectedly knelt down before the public and begged the old lady, which would show his filial piety. One could say it was foolish filial piety. And the villagers could not help but point at them, gossiping. Some elderly women looked at the old lady with jealousy. If their own sons could be so filial, let alone ruining the reputation of the family, they would be willing to bring Ling Jingxuan and two grandsons home.

What were people most afraid of when they got old? No doubt unfilial sons. Good reputation could never exchange for the filial sons.

“Go back? How could it be so easy? I’m not going anywhere till I get all the things you’ve got in that bastard’s house.”

Unfortunately, outsiders were all moved by Ling Chenglong, but the old lady was hard as iron, unmoved a bit. The three standing beside her all wore a face of cynical disdain, showing the slightest bit of mercy and tolerance between the family.

“Mother, I admit that recently Long and Jingpeng helped Jingxuan sell fish, but those fish were all caught by Jingxuan alone. We just helped sell them. Haven’t I and Long done enough for the family? Whatever Jingxuan did, he is still your own grandson! How can you keep calling him son of a bitch or bastard? If he is a bastard, what are we?”

Having been kowtowing, Ling Chenglong felt his heart became all cold, the whole body collapsed to the ground. Seeing this, Lady Wang could no longer take it. After holding Ling Chenglong who got blood all over his forehead, she started to argue back. She had had enough. Since she had married into Ling family, the old lady had never shown her a good face. That year she banished her biggest son, and she swallowed it. After all it was his son Jingxuan’s fault indeed. But at this moment, she could no longer bear with it. The worst scenario was they got driven out of the house. Jingxuan just made some money on his own hands, and they already couldn’t bear with it and make trouble here. Were they trying to force them to die?

“You…You unfilial thing…I’ll kill you…”

The old lady who had ruled the whole family had never been pointed at the nose by any of her daughter-in-law. Feeling outraged, she rushed forward and tried to beat her up.

“Mother, she didn’t mean it, calm down.”

“Sister-in-law, look at what you did. Quickly kneel and apologize to mother.”

“Grandma, don’t be angry. She was only trying to defend her son. Anyway, brother Jiangxuan is her big son.”

On the surface, Ling Chenghua and the other two were trying to persuade the old lady, in fact they were all being sarcastic. Apparently they were adding the trimmings, which made the old lady even angrier. She pushed her daughter and daughter-in-law aside and pounced over and gave Lady Ling a few slaps in the face. The sharp fingernails left quite a few blood stains.

“Enough! Since mother can not accommodate us, I will go to father and will move out and live alone.”

The scratches on his wife’s face were so dazzling. Ling Chenglong roared, finally he was forced to rebel, the former filial son gradually collapsed.

“How dare you!”

The old lady was caught in a daze, then immediately wide opened her eyes, only wishing she could stare out two blood holes in his body. She never expected that the most well-behaved and filial son would dare to propose to divide up the family in front of so many people.

“I’m just doing what mother wants.”

Looking at his sadly sobbing wife, Ling Chenglong said so, with his eyes slowly lowered. If there was another choice, who would want be labeled as an unfilial son? He was also a half scholar. If it hadn’t been that his wife and his son were forced to the brink of death, he dare not even think of dividing up the family and move out even if you kill him.

“You…you…”

The old lady pointed at him with her trembling fingers, out of breath, already couldn’t utter one more word. Seeing that the situation was becoming more and more out of control, Ling Chenghua came up with a vicious idea. She pretended to look sad and moved forward to support her mother, “Ge, how can you play an asshole before mother? Look at how angry mother is now! If something happens to her, aren’t you the one who regrets? Is there anything we can’t sit down and talk through? Just apologize to mother. I believe mother won’t really blame you.”

Many people praised her, worthy of being a scholar’s daughter, more sensible than those village women.

“Yes, ge, sister-in-law, you can’t act foolishly. Filial piety is greater than heaven. Father and mother are still alive, how can you propose to divide up the family and move out?”

One should know, all these years, the main farm work and housework were basically done by Ling Chenglong and his wife. On hearing they were trying to divide up family, Lady Jiang immediately got anxious. She was the niece of the old lady. If they moved out, she would be the first victim since all the heavy burden would fall on her.