chapter 18: Feeling the Impulse, Family (2)

However, that the feelings of big brother caring about the younger brother, he had felt it, also sincerely felt relieved. Whether his big brother was really able to cure him or not, at least now no one would dare to bully him. Even if one day he really…his parents and younger brother no longer got bullied under his cover. That’d be enough.

“Daddy, what are you talking about?”

Three brothers went silent. At this time, the small bun climbed onto his daddy’s legs and broke the ice, eyes innocently looking at him.

“Haha…”

Three brothers looked at one another, and laughed out. Ling Jingxuan pretended to be angry and spanked him, “You little kid, this is between adults. Come on, get some water for your second uncle.”

You naughty boy! Are you trying to pull the rug?

The sun was setting. Ling Jingxuan made a large pot of fish soup, plus a pot of wild vegetable corn paste. You could imagine the penny-pinching big bun’s distressed expression. But this time he didn’t keep nagging him, daddy this and daddy that. Ling Jingxuan also could not help giving him thumbs-up in his heart. It was true he was petty. But at least he knew that family was more important than money, right?

It was almost dark when Ling Chenglong and his wife rushed back riding the afterglow, sweating all over the head. Without even asking, they knew that it should be that their so-called grandparents and uncles deliberately threw tons of farm work to them, but Ling Jingxuan did not ask. The whole family all sat around the shaky, maybe the next second it would collapse, table.

“Jingxuan, today we are so lucky. We sold all the eight fish to Landlord Wang in the next village, a total of 30 jin, eight copper coins one jin, a total of 240, except for the fifty to buy nets, there are still one hundred and ninety.”

Before dinner, the docile Ling Chenglong pulled out a large handful of copper coins and put before him. Ling Jingxuan cast a glance, those copper coins were more or less as he imagined. The only different place was the kingdom title. But before he reached for them, the big bun who was sitting next to him, with a shove, got all the copper coins to himself, “Grandpa, daddy said I take charge of the house, including money.”

In other words, in the future the money should be handed to him, not his father.

“you money-slave!”

Ling Hingxuan held his forehead, speechless, then poked his head. He never said he would not give them to him. Why in such a hurry?

“Haha…This is good. Our Xiaowen could learn to manage money, in the future perhaps he can become a bookkeeper.”

Seeing this, the whole family laughed, Lady Wang even laughed her tears out, feeling both happy and gratified. Jingxuan was no longer silly. A bright future was waiting ahead!

“Yeah!”

Ling Chenglong also echoed. The heavy burden of so many years seemed to disappear in an instant.

“No, I have to go to town if I become a bookkeeper. Who takes care of daddy if I am gone? And who could take care of those two mu of land at home? Just let Xiaowu do it. I will stay at home and support the whole family.”

Unexpectedly, the big bun who was counting those copper coins repeatedly suddenly wrinkled his small face, directly rejected their proposal. The smile instantly went rigid on their faces. Except the little bun Xiaowu, everyone could not help but feel a bit sad. A five-year-old boy said he would support the whole family. All in all, it was only because them adults were too incompetent.

“OK, I’ll wait for you to support our whole family. Let me remind you. You can not support the whole family using that mouth. In the future if you complain that you are too tired or what, see how I deal with you!”

Ling Jingxuan, the first to come to his senses, quickly put away the entanglement in the heart, picked up the chopsticks and said, “Mom, dad, Jinghan, Jingpeng, stop chatting, eat.”

This topic was almost over, the family was talking and laughing while eating simple fish soup and corn paste. Even if they were so poor that there were even not enough stools for each one, table and chopsticks were also broken, but the happiness surrounding them was real. As long as the family worked together, there was no difficulties they couldn’t overcome.

“Seriously? Jingxuan, can you cure Jinghan?”

Two pots of fish soup and corn paste soon were eaten up. Everyone’s belly became round. While having some small talk, on hearing that Jingxuan can cure Jinghan’s disease, Ling Chenglong and his wife nearly jumped up, with their bodies shaking.

“Mm, tomorrow I will go to the mountains to collect some herbs. As for the fish, dad, you go sell them for me in the market with Jingpeng for me.”

Nodding, Ling Jingxuan said in a formal way. From the mouth of Ling Jinghan, he accidentally learned that the fights Ling Jingpeng had had were all for him over the past few years. Whenever he heard someone gossiping about him, be it an adult or a child, men or women, he would immediately rush forward to fight that person, therefore, for this youngest brother, he grew some more pity, secretly wondering how to teach him to do some business. He didn’t expect him to make big money, at least he could stuff his belly.

“No problem, Jingxuan, if you really can cure your younger brother, I’m willing to help you sell fish my whole life.”

Speaking of which, the old man even had tears in his eyes. His whole life was really not easy. Both his eldest son and second son were so outstanding, but…Now his eldest son recovered, and if his second son was cured, he could go to another world without any regrets.

“Dad, what are you talking about? How can I let you help me sell fish for a lifetime? Besides, there are not so many fish for me to catch in Yuehua Ditch.”

Apparently knowing what his father meant, Ling Jingxuan intentionally pretended he did not understand, trying to swing the sadness and sorrows in his heart, but Lady Wang added, “Jingxuan, I won’t ask you why you can cure his illness. I know, you suffered a lot in your heart, you are holding many secrets to yourself. You don’t need to speak them out. I trust you and I like the way you are now. For Jinghan’s illness, just do as you could. Even if you cannot cure him, it’s fine. We all won’t blame you.”

She was a village woman, who hadn’t seen the world. Except serving both her husband and the children, the only thing she could do was the farm work in the fields, but this did not mean that she was stupid. This morning how his son had behaved was beyond her cognition, and and having heard he even knew medical skills. If she said she held not a bit doubt, it must be lying, but she would not ask, because, she trusted his own son.

Of course, Lady Want only thought that all this was related to Ling Wen and Ling Wu’s father who had never showed up before. She could never imagined that her real son had already long gone.

“Thank you, mother, I do have some things to hide from you, not I don’t want to say, but I just can’t. You rest assured, Jinghan’s illness is not very serious, at most a month, I will make him alive and kicking.”

His mother’s unconditional trust made him moved. As an orphan, Ling Jingxuan’s heart was filled with warmth. From this moment, he would draw them into his own protection circle from the bottom of his heart.

“Ah, I believe that my Jingxuan has always been good and will only be better in the future.”

“All right, mom, don’t cry, otherwise Jinghan and Jingpeng would put the blame on me.”

But Lady Wang still couldn’t help crying again, Ling Jingxuan hurriedly made a joke, making others bask in the heart, and the heavy atmosphere seemed to be eased a lot. Since the first day he had transmigrated here, Ling Jingxuan got two free little buns for free, and the next day a pair of parents who loved him and two blood brothers. He was kind of heaven-blessed. The lack of family bond in his previous life was made up for him at one time.