chapter 49: Can It Be Customized (i)

Now was the midday. Few people from villages had the money to eat lunch at the market. It was still lively. As their ox cart drove out of town, they came across another two ox carts with full villagers who were going home. Of course there were people from Ling village. As they saw big and small package on their cart, those married started to gossip. The atmosphere immediately got destroyed. Ling Jingxuan was the only that could still smile, but it remained to be discussed whether that smile was deep from the heart.

“Brother Han, is there a kiln shop in the market?”

As they were coming near the junction of several villages, Ling Jingxuan suddenly asked, he remembered he saw it when they came this morning.

“Yes, Wang’s self-baked pots and tiles are good. Do you want to buy pots or tiles?”

Along the way, they also knew that recently Ling Jingxuan made some money by selling fish.  Han Fei thought he might want to buy tiles to renovate the house.

“I want to buy some pots. Please stop by the shop in front.”

Ling Jingxuan knew what he was inferring, but he didn’t explain. Building a house was not something urgent. Now the only thing he needed to do was to make money. As long as he could earn enough money, his stingy big bun wouldn’t object when he tried to build a big house. He didn’t want to live in that thatched house. Forget about other things first. Here it was not that warm like in 21th century in winter because of environment pollution. The real winter could freeze people for real. So before that, he had to build a real house no matter what.

“Ge, why do you buy pots again? Is that jam really sold?”

As Ling Jingpeng heard that, he finally thought of the jam thing.

“Hmm. We even made an order. They’d come collect the goods tomorrow. So we have to buy more pots.”

After all, Zhao&Han were outsiders, Ling Jingxuan did not want to say more. People are selfish. One taels of silver for jar of jam. Who can guarantee that they know would not stab him in the back?

All in all, Ling Jingxuan still did not believe in human nature, like when he died, the man who asked him to leave with him together, but he still had refused him.

“You are right. It’s great someone would buy. Then I’ll stay to help and go back in the evening.”

Ling Jingpeng also did not think much and made the decision to stay.

Soon, the cart stopped before a rough shop with all kinds of fired products exhibited on the ground before the door. It was actually an expanded version of a stall, with all kinds of pots and jars on the ground, a shed pitched behind. It was the farming season, so it seemed the business was not so good. There was no customer at all. In case things on their cart stolen, brother Zhao and Han stayed, while their son Tiewa jumped off the card excitedly with the two buns.

“Isn’t it brother Peng? What would you like to buy today?”

Seeing it was Ling Jingpeng, the boss in his thirties warmly welcomed them. He was Laowang Han Fei mentioned. Because yesterday Ling Jingpeng just came here to buy a lot of pots with Ling Chenglong, so he still remembered him.

“Brother Wang, this is my big brother Ling Jingxuan. We are here to buy more pots today.”

Ling Jingpeng’s face turned red unnaturally, scratching his head shyly while answering him.

“Your big brother… isn’t it…Sorry, sorry, look at my silly mouth. Childe Ling, what kind of pots would you like today?”

Laowang was not from Ling village, but also heard about Ling Jingxuan. Though he said words he shouldn’t say subconsciously, in his eyes there was no such disdain like those from Ling village, like overlooking an ant. Ling Jingxuan didn’t put his words in his heart, saying with a bright smile, “Just pots the size of that kind of salt jars we bought yesterdat, I want one hundred. I wonder if you have so many.”

“A hundred?!”

Two cries of surprise sounded almost simultaneously, one from Ling Jingpeng and the other from Laowang, both of whom looked incredulous.

“Hmm, a hundred.”

Facing their almost stunned staring, Ling Jingxuan carefully nodded.