chapter 88: I Promise I Will Never Let You Down (1)

After getting back the two little buns, Ling Jingxuan did not go back to Ling village, but asked Zhao Dalong to drive to Xinyuan Restaurant instead. Ling Jingxuan asked Ling Jingpeng to take care of the two kids, and then went into a secret box in the backyard with Shopkeeper Zhang. No one knew what they talked about, or saw that actually Ling Jingxuan went out alone in the middle. When they went back, it was almost dawn. Most villagers already got up and went to the fields to do some farm work before it was getting too hot, including those from the old Ling family who didn’t go to sleep till late night.

Pia~

“You, how could you…”

When their ox car passed by old Ling family, Lady Li happened to come out holding a jar in her hand. An ox cart was different from a carriage. It only had a bare cart behind with no cloaks. The moment she saw the kids sleeping in Ling Jingxuan and Ling Jingpeng’s arms, the jar in Lady Li’s hands fell to the ground and broke into pieces. The former gentleness was totally gone, eyes popped out like they were going to drop out the next second. Lady Li, feeling like getting a thunder-strike, pointed at the kids incredulously.

“Anything wrong with us? Or Aunt Ling did something guilty, so you look so restless early in the morning?”

Twitching his mouth, Ling Jingxuan wore a fake smile on his face. It’s not the time to deal with them. Since the kids came back safe and sound, he had enough patience to get it even with them. But, before that, he didn’t cross the line to charge some ‘interest’, right?

“I…What are you talking about, Jingxuan? I am just an indoor woman. What kind of guilty thing would I do? Heaven is watching at us. Where did you come from on such an early morning?”

Coming to her sense, Lady Li tried to press down her fear in the heart and asked while picking on a smile, trying to pretend that nothing happened. What she didn’t know was, at this moment, her smile looked even more awful than when she cried.

“Yeah, heaven is watching us. Aunt, you are quite sensible. Well, I won’t be your eyesore early in the morning. Brother Zhao, please!”

Giving her a meaningful look, Ling Jingxuan urged Zhao Dalong. Then Zhao Dalong who were sitting with his back against them raised the whip in his hand. Watching them pass before her, Lady Li froze there for quite a while and then turned back inside to look for her man. The appearance of Ling Jingxuan and the kids made her flustered. Is it possible something happened to Jingwei?

After getting home, the two brothers put the kids on the bed carefully. Zhao Dalong already left. The thing they had discussed yesterday could only be postponed before of this incident. Zhao Dalong had no objection. He just said just call him if there’s anything.

“The kids would sleep a bit longer. Jingpeng, you go to the kitchen to decoct the herbs for Jinghan in the kitchen and then take it back. I told Shopkeeper Zhang, no fish today. And those jars for the jam could be sent here some other day. So you take some rest at home these days. As for other things, we’ll discuss later.”

Bending down to kiss the forehead of the kids, Ling Jingxuan sat beside the bed and said in whispers. Having not slept the whole night, he also felt exhausted and really had no strength for anything. When could he work out to consolidate this thin body?

“Hmm, I can decoct that person’s share by the way. Having been up the whole night, you should be tired. Take some good rest before the kids wake up.”

Looking at this dead pale face, Ling Jingpeng felt so sorry. His big brother had lived the past five years like a fool. Now he finally became normal, and met this? He is their family!

“Hmm…”

Nodding tiresomely, Ling Jingxuan responded while lying down next to the kids, a pair of dispirited eyes. If it hadn’t been that the weak ups and downs of the chest which showed his vital signs, at this moment, he was no difference with a dead man.

“Later I will ask mother to take care of the kids for you, so you can take some good rest.”

Seeing that, Ling Jingpeng’s heart tightened. He walked over with his fists clenched, and his pressed lips revealed his endurance. Whether to the old Ling family or those people including his big uncle’s wife, he gave up on them, or even kind of hated them. If it hadn’t been that they kept coming to bully them again and again, how could his two nephews would take the knockout drops? And how could his big brother become so exhausted not long after becoming normal?

“Jingpeng, thank you…”

The twittering-like voice sounded, Ling Jingpeng’s lifted food froze there, then quickly moved, that dark and thin young face crawling with naked firmness, he must think of a way to become stronger, can not let his big brother bear all this.

Ling Jingxuan slept till late night. When he opened his eyes, it was already total black, only with the faint moonlight shining in through the broken windows. The twos kids were still sleeping by his side. Borrowing the moonlight, he looked at their little lean faces. He stretched out a hand to feel their pulse, and didn’t feel relieved after making sure that the residual knockout drops wouldn’t do harm to their body.

“Why not tell me?”

Suddenly, a low magnetic voice suddenly sounded. Ling Jingxuan reflectively turned back, and saw a tall figure standing in the doorway, because of the backlight, he couldn’t see the other side’s expression, only see the outline of the figure. He could faintly feel his anger. Inexplicably, Ling Jingxuan felt kind of warm in the heart, lying in bed with a smile, “What can you do even if I told you? With that body, do you think you could have come with me?”

“Why not?”

With a sudden move, that tall figure instantly came before the bed. Yan Shengrui looked down at him stubbornly. Heaven knows how worried he was last night as he heard none of them. He had no idea whether he had that kind of experience before. But last night he clearly felt that his heart was like emptied, like someone dug a big part of it, torturing him the whole night, until he heard their conversation again. From Ling Jingpeng’s mouth, he knew the whole story. If it hadn’t been that his last piece of sense still held there, he already stormed into the town to kill those assholes who dare touch his wife and kids!

The whole day, Ling Jingxuan just lay in bed like dead, he felt his heart aching and bore complains in the heart. His heart was aching because of his stubbornness, and he complained him before he always shut him out of his heart. In his heart, is he so untrustworthy, and so unreliable?

Some love is predestined. Maybe, the moment he opened his eyes and saw Ling Jingxuan, they were destined to be bounded together. Not because of the kids, or the past he had no idea of, purely because Ling Jingxuan this man! Although he had never done anything alone with him or what, he basically knew everything that had happened ever in this yard. The more he got to know about Ling Jingxuan, the harder his heart pounded for him. Without himself noticing, in his heart was all him.