chapter 52: Little Miser (1)

Ling Jingxuan knew it well in the heart it was not the time to ask others to be a hero. What he suffered and the benefit he received would definitely be paid by him. The man would only do the more to repay Lao Wang’s good to him.

“Deal, you’ll get your customized jar at least three days later. I’ll send it to you after they’re ready.”

“Thank you, Brother Wang. I also want to buy two pots for decocting herbal medicine. Please tell me the total amount. I’ll pay the bill.”

Ling Jingxuan took out the purse from his chest pocket.

“No hurry, you can pay it for the customized pots later. This kind of pots is three copper coins each. It doesn’t cost much, I’d like to make a free offer.”

Lao Wang insisted not taking more money from Ling Jingxuan, and the latter accepted his kindness after rounds of back and forth. However, he didn’t have enough change because he bought too many things today. Ling Jingxuan could only let Ling Jingpeng go to the ox cart and get more money to pay the bill before leaving Laowang’s stall.

When the ox cart loaded with big and small bags passed through the village, the pedestrians started to gossip. Ling Jingxuan didn’t pay attention to these remarks, so that it didn’t take long for something to happen. But this was the later story.

“Brother Zhao and Brother Han, take the money and these bags of medicine. Today, when I went to buy medicine for Jinghan, I happened to meet someone infected with the plague. These are used to prevent the plague. Remember to drink them.”

After they returned home, Zhao Dalong and Han Feiyou took the initiative to help them move things into the house. Ling Jingxuan counted fifty copper coins and gave them several packages of herbal medicine and sent them to the door. The plague might not be that serious, but taking precautions would never be wrong.

“You paid too much! The herbal medicine has already cost a lot. I can’t accept the money, but I can keep the medicine.”

Han Fei hurriedly withdrew his hand taking the money, and took the medicine with his other hand. His idea was the same as Ling Jingxuan’s, it was always right to take precautions.

“You must take the money. Listen to me, Brother Han. I’ve signed a long-term cooperation contract with the wine shop in the town. I’m afraid I’ll go to the town often and will inevitably use your cart when the time comes. If you don’t accept the money, I really have no face to ask your favor again.”

Ling Jingxuan tucked the money into the man’s arms. After hearing what he said, Han was a little uncertain, and he couldn’t help looking at Zhao Dalong for help.

“Take it. When you need help, just let us know.”

Zhao Dalong nodded to Han Fei and turned to look at Ling Jingxuan, deadpan. He was a man who was cold on the surface but warm in the inside.

“OK. Watch your steps. I got a lot of things to, so I won’t see you out.”

Ling Jingxuan turned into the yard right after he finished speaking, like being afraid that the two would return the money. Han Fei, who was holding the medicine and money, shook his head helplessly. He stared at Zhao Dalong in a girlish way, and the latter was strangely red in the face. The family of three quickly drove the ox cart away from the remote Ling family.