chapter 72: Head Down and Compromise (2)

"Say it."

The old man clearly was impatient and Ling Jingxuan also was not repetitive, "Your Ling family is too noble, it's out of my reach. Please constraint your family. Don't come to my home if there is nothing urgent. Today for the sake of your face, I can let it go. But if they break into my house next time, don't blame me being heartless. I will directly tie them up and send to the yamen."

He compromised, but that did not mean he was inferior to them.

"It suits me."

"Very good, use a goat's urine mixed with some water to feed him. He'd recover in two hours. You can go!"

Speaking of which, Ling Jingxuan tossed his sleevs and turned back, apparently slapping them in the face. Ling Qiyun angrily gave the old woman who provoked this a hard stare, gesturing the big son and a few grandchildren to carry Ling Chenghu and angrily left Ling Jingxuan's yard.

Those onlookers were also gone. Since the show was over, there was no reason to stay. Soon, the originally crowded courtyard only left Ling Jingxuan and his family.

"Hmm..."

Suddenly, Yan Shengrui who had been standing there lordly fell on Ling Jingxuan, with bright tiger eyes appearing weak feeling. With unhealed wounds, it was already a miracle that he could hang it till now. Ling Jingxuan supported him with one hand, and felt his pulse with the other. After making sure he was only over-exhausted, Ling Jingxuan let out a deep breath.

"Daddy, what's wrong with...him?"

Ling Wen, hold then hand of his younger brother, looked at the pale Yan Shengrui Yan with an uneasy look. Clearly he was worried, he still did not want to admit it. Ling Jingxuan shook his head helplessly, "It's all right. He will be OK after taking some rest. Jingpeng, you support father and mother to the inner room to take some rest. I will be right over."

Ling Jingxuan, without waiting for a reply, walked into the room, helping Yan Shengrui into his room.

"A patient should act like a patient. I can take care of my own things without you interfering."

After placing him on the haystack, Ling Jingxuan stood up while complaining.

"I'd love to. Whether you admit it or not, they are my sons too, and it is my duty to protect them."

His former wilted eyes suddenly opened wide. After today's thing, he became more determined to stay and protect them. With him here, he would not allow today's thing to happen again.

"Whatever you say! I'll let you stay if you can get the little ones' permission, but don't put any thought on me. I want my kids. But not their father. I don't have the blessing to take."

Without the coldness before, Ling Jingxuan's attitude also became soft towards him since he held his injured body and tried to protect the two little buns. But about their personal thing, he would make no step back.

"What you say is a deal!"

Looking at him walking away, Yan Shengrui smiled weakly. After nailing the sons, would he be afraid that he can't nail their daddy?

Well, these two had their own thoughts, and the future wouldn't be so smooth then.

In the room, Ling Jingxuan had helped his father and mother and Ling Wen clean up the wounds, and applied herbs for them. Looking at the scarred family, Ling Jingxuan only felt indignant, regretting that he shouldn't let go of those people so easily.

"Ge, why would you agree grandpa's suggestion? Father and mother finally put forward to dividing up the family, since you compromised, wouldn't it go nowhere?"

The young Ling Jingpeng could not stay as calm. Such a great opportunity was missed.

"Do our parents also think it that way?"

Smiling while shaking his head, Ling Jingxuan did not answer him, but raised his eyes to look over to his still scared parents.

"Ah? Oh, Jingxuan, what do you think? And, what is wrong with my third brother? Why drink goat urine?"

Ling Chenglong had no reaction, maybe still in the sadness, but Lady Wang only looked at her eldest son strangely. Ling Jingxuan was very smart since he was little, otherwise it was impossible to become a tongsheng at the age of thirteen. She believed that it was unlikely he can't see how determined they were at the time, nearly using the lifetime courage, but...like Jingpeng just said, as he compromised, everything would go nowhere. His father would never agree to divide up the family.

"I didn't think much. I just think that is not appropriate time. Father, mother, as long as you are determined to divide up the family, I can figure out a way to make it. Trust me. Soon you can move out. But before that, we should cure Jinghan first. As for Ling Chenghu, hum...I just used some poison I made myself on him. He will recover naturally in three hours. As for the urine, it's complimentary."

"You... Jinghan could really be cured?"

Their son's being naughty let Lady Wang couldn't help giving a long-lost smile. Hearing him say that Jinghan could be cured, she already forgot about dividing up the family stuff, only focusing on Ling Jinghan's illness. Though a few days ago Jingxuan already said he could cure Jinghan, he only became normal, so they didn't hold too much hope. But since he mentioned it again like he was quite sure of it, she couldn't help becoming excited.

Even Ling Chenglong who was staring blankly there raised his head. One could tell how much they expected to cure Ling Jinghan. Ling Jingxuan didn't keep them guessing, smiling, "Hmm, actually last night I already made some rock sugar snow pear soup. And today I also bought him the herbs. I have already decocted it well before I went out at noon. Later you can bring it back for him. And from today on, you can take the prepared herbs for him. Trust me. Within half a month, his situation will be greatly improved."

"Good, d you hear that, Long? Jinghan could be cured..."

"Great! Great..."

Ling Chenglong and his wife got so excited with tears in their eyes, the eldest son became normal, the second son also would get better. Oh, god bless!

"Father, mother, today when I went to buy herbs, I met someone infected with the plague, this is some herbs to prevent the plague, you all drink a bowl."

Ling Jingxuan got up to go to the kitchen to bring them cooled medicine and scooped a bowl for each of them.

Hearing the word plague, Ling Chenglong and his wife also dare not hesitate, both took the bowl and drank it all. Then the whole family had some chat together. Since Ling Chenglong and his wife were still worried about Ling Jinghan, soon they went away with the herbs. Before they left, Ling Jingxuan nagged them that even if Ling Jinghan was cured, they couldn't let anyone in the family know. Though the old couple didn't know why, they still nodded. After sending them away, Ling Jingxuan patted the still upset Ling Jingpeng on the shoulder. The two brothers, one was responsible to mend the broken gate, while the other buried his head among the piles of wild grapes. Finally a hard day was over!