chapter 81: Lady Li Came; Something Happened Again (1)

What Ling Jingxuan did not expect was, when he got home, someone who wasn’t supposed to show up at his place was waiting at the gate of his home—the original owner’s big uncle’s wife-Lady Li, the niece of the old lady. Instead of kicking at the gate like the old lady and others did yesterday, she only stood by the gate facing the sun quietly. She who was in her forties had maintained her appearance well, slim body. Only judging by her back, one wouldn’t relate it to her actual age. Apparently she was his mother’s big sister-in-law, she looked much younger than his mother.

“Jingxuan, you are back? I knocked at the gate, no one answered, so I guess you may gave gone out to dig wild vegetables or what, should be back soon, did not expect this fast. Is this Zhao Dalong’s kid? So cute!”

Seeing Ling Jingxuan walking over, Lady Li also moved forward with a faint smile, and her attitude was excessively tender, like Ling Jingxuan had never been thrown out of the family and she was still his big uncle’s wife. While saying so, she even naturally stretched out a hand trying to feel Tiewa’s face. Ling Jingxuan slightly turned his body aside and avoided it. Only after drawing a certain distance did he open his mouth, “Aunt, what brings you here?”

In the memory of the original owner, Lady Li is indeed a gentle and virtuous woman. She is filial to both her father and mother-in-law and cares about the kids. She also gets along well with other sisters-in-law, who can be said to be the perfect eldest daughter-in-law. The more perfect she is, the more suspicious Ling Jingxuan felt. Forget about other things, only talk about those years while he lived in this shabby place, she had never showed any care or offered him any material needs. Now she suddenly appeared here, showing the posture as his big uncle wife, seen from any angle, it is really fishy, isn’t it?

“Huh? No, nothing…”

Obviously she did not expect Ling Jingxuan’s attitude to be so cold, but on thinking of her husband and son’s words, her hands hidden in the sleeves tightened, and again she raised a gentle and loving smile, “I heard that mother and others came to make a scene here yesterday. And Chenghu’s wife even beat Xiaowen. So I am here to check on you, and the kids. Jingxuan, I know it’s their bad. They shouldn’t have come making a scene here before knowing the whole story. And your grandpa has already taught them a lesson. So forgive them. Anyway, they are your families, right? We are family.”

What is this? Trying to act as go-between?

Ling Jingxuan picked his eyebrow, squinting to her with his long eyes. This woman is so funny! Yesterday Ling Qiyun still said to cut any connection with him. And over a night, his big daughter-in-law he is most proud of already came to make peace? If someone tells him there’s nothing in it, he is the first to doubt it. Thinking that he met her second son in town, and Ling Jingpeng’s wanting to speak something but only keep his mouth shut, Ling Jingxuan could also be sure that they were planning something on him, he just did not know what it is for now.

Squeak~

The closed gate behind pushed opened suddenly, Ling Wen’s thin body appeared in their sight. Lady Li’s eyes brightened, but instantly she hid it away. But what she did not know was, even if it’s an instant thing, it already clearly got captured by Ling Jingxuan’s eyes. So, his red lips forming a sarcastic smile, are they planning something against his sons?

“Daddy, you are back? Yiewa is also here?! Come in. Daddy, who is she?”

Ling Wen came out and stood beside Ling Jingxuan, with his sight accidentally falling upon Lady Li. Seeing this, Lady Li tried to move forward and explain who she is. But Ling Jingxuan stood between, saying after putting Tiewa down, “She is Aunt Li from Ling family, who has nothing to do with us. You bring Tiewa in to play. I’ll be right over.”

“OK, daddy, be quick. I have learned by heart all the Three Character Primer you taught me yesterday. My little uncle and my brother haven’t come back yet, so you can teach me more.”

As he heard she was from Ling family, Ling Wen decisively lost any good feelings for her, then grabbed Tiewa’s hand and was about to go in. Ling Jingxuan gently rubbed his head while saying, “All right. But you got to teach Ling Wu and Tiewa.”

“Hmm.”

Nodding obediently, the two little ones went in holding hands, then Ling Jingxuan turned around and looked at Lady Li, saying with a cold voice, “Aunt Li, you should go back, I have nothing to do with your old Ling family. If you keep staying here for too and let the old lady know, I’m afraid you can’t explain yourself.”

Regardless of whether her purpose is him or his children, he has no interest in knowing, nor is he going to greet her. Men of totally different principles can never act together. So he’d better stay as far as possible away from anyone from old Ling family.

Lady Li’s face flashed with obvious anger, but she instantly laughed awkwardly, “I’ll go back then and come back to see you some other day.”

Speaking of which, she turned away. Watching her back, Ling Jingxuan’s long and charming phoenix eyes suddenly sank, glittering with sharp light. It seems his scheme was not ruthless enough. Those people didn’t learn the lesson at all.

This episode is over soon. Although Ling Jingxuan indeed put some thoughts on it, but that woman really has the balls. Only a bit neglecting, and they already made a move again.

According to his command, Ling Jingpeng bought two little piglets, fifty chickens, and five old hens that could lay eggs. When he came back, Ling Chenglong and his wife also came. Soon the whole family together built a simple pigpen and henhouse in the backyard. One could imagine how happy the three little ones were at the time. They chased the old hens all around the yard. Even those cubs fastened howled at them. Those little chickens huddled up in there like being frozen.

“Daddy, what are you doing?”

Seeing Ling Jingxuan squatting in the backyard under a tree for a long time, three buns walked over out of curiosity, with three pairs of eyes looking at him, Ling Jingxuan with his hands with dirty smiled faintly, “I am digging some earthworms. You know, chickens like eat it, and the old hens could lays legs for you to eat every day.”

“Really? Then I will dig, too. The chickens will grow up quickly, and I’ll have eggs that I shall never run out of.”

On hearing that, little mouth pouted, Ling Wu decisively grabbed his father’s shovel. He heard from his uncle that in the future all the eggs could be saved for themselves to eat. Heihei…After all those fifty chickens grow up, he can eat as many eggs as he wants.

“Uncle, I want to help, too.”

Tiewa was also an honest kid. While saying so, he already started to move. Though Ling Wen didn’t show too much excitement, his hands weren’t a bit slower than the other two. Three little buns pushed Ling Jingxuan aside and started to dig where he was at. Ling Jingxuan helplessly shook his head. Before he got up, he suddenly said, “I remember we can also raise those earthworms ourselves. Later after you dig enough, don’t feed them to the chickens. I will teach you how to raise them.”

“OK, daddy, you can go. Leave it to us.”

Three little buns even didn’t raise their heads when Ling Jingxuan walked away. No one knew who brought it up. Soon, three kids already started to recite the Three Character Primer while digging earthworms. In the shabby yard sounded Ling Wen’s correcting and Ling Wu and Tiewa’s acknowledging their mistakes. Finally there was some kind of cozy feeling of farm life.

“Goat’s milk smells goaty. What did you buy that for?”

After they finished, it was almost dusk. Ling Jingxuan let his parents and Tiewa stay to have dinner together, and then asked Ling Wen and Ling Wu to send Tiewa back home before getting dark. Since Ling Chenglong and his wife had to wait for the medicine for Ling Jinghan, they stayed to chitchat with Ling Jingxuan in the guest room.

“Put some jasmine tea to boil and it won’t smell so goaty. Goat’s milk is very nutritious, which is suitable for the kids to build up health. After you move here, I will buy a cow and we can have milk to drink every day.”