chapter 07: Yuehua Ditch, Ling Village (2)

“Hmm?”

Immersed in his own thoughts, Ling Jingxuan didn’t notice the changes around him at all. He didn’t return to absolute being until the small steamed stuffed bun’s reminder sounded. He withdrew the messy images in his mind, looked up, and saw a river that could only be called a stream in his sight. The back was thickly dotted with trees, and many green wild vegetables and weeds grew along the stream. Compared with the muddy water flow in the 21st century, the water here was clear and bottomed out, and even the fish swimming in the water could be seen clearly.

“Is this a tributary of the Lingjiang River?”

With the barrel on the ground, Ling Jingxuan rolled up his pants and stepped into the water. The cold stream surrounded his feet, making him feel very comfortable.

“I don’t know, they say this is Yuehua Ditch. Here are the upper reaches, and we’re almost entering Yuehua Mountain. No one will come at ordinary times, but we often come here with grandpa and grandma to carry water.”

Ling Wen said as he took his younger brother and walked over. The two boys looked enviously at their father standing in the water. Even a three-year-old child in Ling Village could swim but they could not. They could not count on the former Ling Jingxuan to teach them because their father even needed help from his own parents. As for their grandparents, every time they came and went in a hurry, how could they have time to teach them to swim?

“Hehe, do you want to come down?”

At first glance, he could see what they were thinking. Suddenly, a picture surfaced in his mind of the little buns saying he wanted to catch fish for him for a feast. Then, he couldn’t help smiling softly on his face.

“Uh-huh, but we can’t swim.”

The two little buns were excited hearing this and nodded, their eyes appeared black and bright, but the next second, the two lowered their heads, pinching their fingers in the grievance. Although Yuehua ditch was not as good as the inland sea, after all, all the year-round, the water was deep and dangerous for the two little kids.

“Come on, dad will teach you.”

Ling Jingxuan walked ashore with barefoot, and he looked around. After making sure there should be no one nearby, he stripped himself and two little bun’s clothes. Even if they were naked, no one would like to steal a glance because they were almost scraggy.

“Oh, it’s so cool, daddy, it’s so comfortable.”

The moment when the little bun stepped into the water, he was so excited that his small hands tightly hugged Ling Jingxuan’s thigh. His tiny little face revealed a bright and innocent smile.

“Daddy, teach me how to swim. I want to learn to swim.”

Even the premature elder brother was full of excitement, holding his younger brother’s leg and shaking it vigorously. Ling Jingxuan laughed happily, “Okay, okay, let’s go to the middle. The water is too shallow here. Come on, follow daddy.”

Holding the two boys’ hands, Ling Jingxuan led them to the middle. Both kids walked carefully and could not hide their excitement. Their little faces flushed with suppressed joy.

“Well, stop. The water depth here only reaches your chest. I’ll let you go first. You learn to stand in the water and then slowly bend your legs….”

At the right depth of water, Ling Jingxuan said while trying to loosen their hands, but the two brothers were so scared that they pulled their father tight and did not want to loosen their hands. Ling Jingxuan felt helpless and could only slowly guide and teach them patiently.

“Wow, daddy, I made it! Daddy, look! I can swim.”

Children’s learning ability was always quite amazing. In less than a quarter of an hour, the bigger bun had learned to swim, although he could only do the doggy paddle.

“Daddy, it’s my turn, it’s my turn.”

Seeing this, the younger bun pouted and shouted discontentedly. Ling Jingxuan took him and said to the big bun, “Don’t swim too deep into the water. Remember to apply water to your face first.”

“Hmm, daddy, you teach Xiaowu. I know what to do.”

At the same age, Ling Wen already had the demeanor of the big brother. He kept his younger brother’s feelings in mind, making Ling Jingxuan feel both distressed and warm. He nodded and turned to concentrate on teaching the little bun. When he also learned the doggy paddle, Ling Jingxuan helped them bath all the dirt. The little faces hidden under the dirt was unexpectedly beautiful, making the father nod with joy. The only thing that displeased him was that the two buns were too thin, which strengthened his determination to raise them fat.

Ling Jingxuan had never worried about money before. For the first time, he wanted to make money, a lot of money!