chapter 28: Tell the Buns Who That Man Is (1)

If he saw it right, the dark, heavy jade tiger carving should be the legendary tiger seal, right? In his memory, someone once called him prince, and with the jade pendant engraved with the character Sheng, was he Prince Sheng who owned the title of general in the Qing Dynasty?

Eyebrows suddenly tightened, Ling Jingxuan touched his forehead, turned his heels and went to the backyard. Yesterday while he was not busy, he taught the two buns the three-character scripture. Seeing that they were kind of interested, he made some sand carving in the backyard. Now the two of them were practicing using the branches.

“Xiaowen, Xiaowu.”

Those immature and thin side faces vaguely disclosed seriousness and concentration. That little bit depression in Ling Jingxuan’s heart completely dissipated. Is it that important who that man is? His sons were his blood and would always be his. Instead of having a bee in his head, why not think more about how to make more money and improve the economic situation of the family as soon as possible? They would be five years old at the end of the year, and it was time to send them to a private school for study.

“Daddy.”

Hearing his calling, the small bun, who had always been passionate like fire, threw the branch and threw himself into his arms. Big bun was a lot shyer, he just turned his head and called daddy, and then buried his head and started painting with great attention.

“What should I say? Look at your elder brother. Xiaowen, stop, I have something to talk to you.”

Rubbing the tip of small bun’s nose, Ling Jingxuan held him up with a hand and looked over to the direction of big bun.

“What is it?”

Glancing at him suspiciously, big bun dropped the branch, frowning. A long as it wasn’t about money, everything could be negotiated.

Given Ling Jingxuan’s experience, how would he not know what big bun was thinking?

For this, he could only shake his head except shaking his head. That was because his little buns had lived a poor life for too long.

“Xiaowen, Xiaowu, I know you are only five years old. If you were in any other ordinary family, I’m afraid you are still playing the spoiled children in the arms of your parents. It is dad’s fault that you are burdened with too much pressure at such a young age. Don’t say anything first. Let me finish, OK?”

Holding back those messy thoughts in the heart, Ling Jingxuan said while pulling the two buns to sit down under the eaves. Looking at their dry and thin cheeks, pains crawled out of his eyes. Seeing their little sword-shape eyebrows slowly wrinkled, Ling Jingxuan respectively smoothened them for them and then continued seriously, “The past is the past. It’s not that I’m blaming myself, or begging you to forgive me. The reason I said so much today is because I think you are early-maturing, already can tell right from wrong, and you can use your brain to think. So after giving it some thoughts, I still think I should tell you now. The man we saved…it’s quite possible he is your father.”