chapter 59: Sowing Discord; The Conversation Between the Two Little Buns (1)

As the saying goes, plans never catch up with changes! From previous life to this life, love and marriage were never things Ling Jingxuan had pursued, but when something that belonged to you came in your face, you just couldn’t hide away from it. Soon after, Ling Jingxuan would really realize this cruel fact, and also the cruelty of ancient feudal society.

The wild fruit that one hundred pots of jam needed was not a small sum, plus he was also planning to brew another one hundred jars of wine. He was also not clear how many wild grapes there were in the mountains. If not enough, he could only find some other kind of wild fruit to make jam, which meant the time he had to spend in the mountains would be much longer. So after eating some food and nagging the two buns a few words, he went to Yuehua Mountain carrying a big bamboo basket with Ling Jingpeng.

But he ignored that the villagers had formed a habit of bullying him and his two sons. Even if those people were temporarily intimidated by him, under the drive of nature and habit, they wouldn’t give up, especially under the premise that they saw he seemed to get rich all of a sudden which was like a great insult to them.

“Mom, there’s something you don’t know, that monster Ling Jingxuan has purchased a lot of good things recently. They even cooked meat to eat at noon! Even my dad has never been that extravagant. I see my second elder brother and his wife often go there recently. Is it possible they are giving him money secretly? Otherwise, how could he, a monster whom everyone despises, and two little bastards have the money to eat meat and buy stuff?”

Their family could be called a big family in Ling Village. They owned dozens of mu of land, plus they didn’t have to pay taxes. Their old house was located in the middle section of the village, with over ten rooms. Quite magnificent! After suffering from Ling Jingxuan, the mother and daughter only felt suffocated in the chest. So they directly went to the old lady’s room. Taking advantage that Ling Chenglong and his wife were working in the farmland, Lady Jiang added trimmings before the old lady to sow discord.

“What? So you feel wronged since you got not meat to eat at noon?”

The old lady who was leaning on the couch lazily glanced at her, which contained a warning feeling. Their family was not poor enough to envy others for eating meat at noon.

“It’s not like that, mother. How can I be that kind of person, I…”

Hearing that, Lady Jiang blushed instantly, quickly trying to defend herself. Ling Xiaoying standing aside perfectly inherited her ability of fanning the flames. Noticing that the old lady was a bit gloomy, she secretly pulled her mother from behind, and then went forward and squatted by the old lady’s feet, “It’s true, grandma. I also heard that these days my second uncle and Jingxuan would drive a cart full of fresh and big fish to go to the village market to sell every day. Ling… brother Jingxuan should have made a lot of money, but that’s all second uncle and Jingpeng’s credit. And we haven’t divided up the family yet, of course he should hand in all the money to you. How could a monster who has already been driven out of the house takes it all?”

She did not believe that if grandma went to claim it in person, Ling Jingxuan that son of bitch still dared to report it to the yamen? If he was capable enough, he could send grandma to the yamen for the spanking.

“Is that true?”

Hearing this, a woman in pink by the old lady’s side, who was in her twenties at most and looked pretty, asked in an exaggerating way. She was the old lady’s youngest daughter Ling Chenghua, the same age of Ling Jingxuan. As the youngest child, she was spoiled by the old couple since she was little. The only not so smooth thing for her should be her marriage. As she reached the marriage age, Ling Jingxuan’s scandal broke out. Her fiancé thought, though she was the daughter of a xiucai, she was not so well-educated and didn’t deserve their family. So not long after they sent someone to break off the engagement. Over this matter, the old lady even went to town to make a scene, but still did not save the situation.

A woman who got abandoned by her fiancé was a very serious matter. In the following two years, even under the title of a xiucai’s daughter, no one dared to propose. Only in recent years there were people who came to propose, but she either wasn’t satisfied with the other side’s family background or disliked the other side’s appearance, plus the old lady had spoiled her. So now though she was already in her twenties, she was still single.

All the time, she felt it was all because of Ling Jingxuan. So she really hated him to the bones. These years Ling Jingxuan and his two sons got bullied wherever they went was most her ‘credit’. And now, how could she bear to see Ling Jingxuan live a comfortable life?

One had to say, their family’s education on children was really not so good. A village girl, under the title of a xiucai’s daughter, already took herself as a princess. If she were really born in the imperial family, wouldn’t she turn her nose to the sky?

“Auntie, it’s true. You can go ask anyone if you don’t believe it. Most people in our village know that!”

Ling Xiaoying did not like this aunt who bullied them since she was a child, but, at this time, she answered faster than anyone else. Her purpose was self-evident.

“Mom, you can’t stay out of this. What is wrong with my second elder brother and sister-in-law? That year my sister-in-law sold her dowry to buy three mu of land for that son of a bitch, after all, that was her dowry, we can’t say anything. All these years for the sake that he is your son, you just turned a blind eye to them giving material assistance to that family, but a man whose heart is not content is like a snake which tries to swallow an elephant! They just take your kind heart as stupidity? Mom, if you keep ignoring it, my big brother and third brother would only blame you for being partial.”

After getting a positive answer, Ling Chenghua elbowed Lady Jiang aside, held the old lady’s arm and chattered a lot of this and that. The old lady who had been indifferent to this matter slowly knitted her brows. High raised cheekbones were showing her acrimony.

“This outrageous! Chenglong and his wife are becoming more and more unruly. Take me to that bastard’s place. I’d like to see how much Chenglong has secretly aided him.”

The daughter and daughter-in-law were different after all. Now, as the old lady opened her mouth, it made Ling Chenghua harsher and meaner, only feeling joyful in the heart. She took the initiative to help her stand up. Holding the thought they were taking on the just side, the four people stormed to Ling Jingxuan’s place to ‘claim justice’.