chapter 25: Spending Money Is Like Cutting His Flesh (1)

“Jingxuan, how did you get a man back?”

With the help of the younger brother Ling Jingpeng, two brothers spent all their strength and finally got the man back home. This man was full of cuts all over his body, but all were not deep, should be some scratches when fighting the wolf. The only fatal wound was the head bumps. Ling Jingxuan help him apply the wound with mashed herba agrimoniae and stop the bleeding, and wrapped it with a cloth and then processed other wounds respectively. As Ling Chenglong and his wife heard that Jingxuan had saved a man, they dropped their work at hand and hurried over. Before they got into the yard, voice came in already.

“Don’t ask me. The two little buns insisted saving him.”

Ling Jingxuan who was dealing with herbs in the yard rascally shrugged his shoulders, decisively shifting all the responsibilities to the two buns.

“Look at you. What do they know?”

Mercilessly staring at him, Lady Wang was about to cross over him to go in, Ling Lingxuan took big strides and stood in the way, “Mother, nothing inside to see, he is still in a coma, after he wakes up, I’ll let him go, OK?”

If they saw that man’s face, he wouldn’t be able to explain it even if he got mouths all over his body.

“I just want to check on him, Jingpeng said he is badly injured, what if he dies in your…”

As she spoke, Lady Wang’s eyes grew red again, and the eldest son finally went back to his normal state and ignored all the gossip. If it was known that a man had died in his place, what would people say in the village? What would happen to the children if he were gone?

The more she thought, the more worried, and she could not help wiping her tears, next to her, Ling Chenlong obviously also held the same worry.

“Mother, come on, if he really would die, do you think I would bring him home?”

Seeing this, Ling Jingxuan hurriedly explained. He knew it would be like this, five years ago that thing had let the family become like a frightened bird. Even a tiny thing would let them panic for a long time. If it had been other people, to save people was a good thing. Why care so much?

“That let us go take a look. Jingxuan, we are old. We can’t afford any more blows.”

“But…”

It was not that Ling Jingxuan did not want to let them in, but the man’s face was too much like the two little buns’. If they saw him, god knows what they would think of him. That damn bastard, can he do something else except making him trouble?

At this moment, Ling Jingxuan decisively shifted the hatred on someone.

“What’s the matter? Is he ashamed?”

His refusal was so obvious, the old couple were not fools. How would they not see it? To this end, Lady Wang’s tone became a bit sharp, looking at their son with naked suspicion.

“No, it’s just…”

For the first time in his life, Ling Jingxuan could not help but feel awkward to open his mouth, unconsciously avoiding their exploring eyes. After quite a while, he bit his teeth and said, “Dad, mom, you promise me, no matter what you see later, don’t make a noise, before the thing is made clear, I don’t want to frighten the two children.”

Forget it! Sooner or later it would be exposed. So why not let it come earlier?

“You kid, just an outsider. What does it have anything to do with Xiaowen and Xiaowu?”

After hearing him, the old couple became more suspicious. Ling Jingxuan exhaled a big breath, didn’t want to say anything more, simply turned directly and led them to the sundry room. When they brought that man back, the two buns wanted to put him in their room, after all among the three rooms, only that room had a bed, but he disagreed, finally they made a bed in the sundry room and threw him in.

“Oh, my god, he’s… he’s…”

Holding doubts, following him into the room, the moment the old couple saw the man’s appearance, they both jumped up, fingers trembling pointing at him, face written with fright. Ling Jingxuan said helplessly, “Now you know why I didn’t want to let you in? He may be Xiaowen and Xiaowu’s real father.”

If the man who raped him did not have a twin brothers, no one would doubt their relationship by looking at their near-identical faces without the benefit of a sophisticated DNA test.

“What do you mean possible? Don’t you know it yourself?”

When Lady Wang heard this, she lost control. Her voice was shrill and full of accusations that the man had caused great pains to her son. If she could, she would never want to see him in her life.

“Jingxuan, he… in those days your scandal spread all over the villages. If he were a man, he should have stood out to face everything together with you. Since he hadn’t, he was basically playing with you, why do you…Alas…”

Ling Chenglong stopped at half of the words and could not help sighing helplessly. In his view, the reason their son would take such a big risk to save the man was he still had feelings for him.

“Dad, mom, what are you talking about? We are not like what you think, in those days I… Can we not talk about it? I don’t want to talk about it anymore.”

Hearing his father, Ling Jingxuan’s tone became a bit angry. He can’t tell them their son was raped, right? Now he had a family to support, no longer the original Ling Jingxuan. Whether the man was the father of the two buns, he was not going to accept him, this life, he had love from his parents, brothers and two lovely sons, and that was enough, as for other things, no need.

“You…you…you…Why are you so silly? Any discerning person could tell your relationship. If people know that he is Xiaowen and Xiaowu’s father, how will those people say about you?”

No one whether it was anger or hatred, Lady Want couldn’t help shivering. Ling Chenglong, although,h stayed silent, from his slightly reproachful eyes, it was not hard to tell his discontent about him. Ling Jingxuan held his forehead. Actually for himself, he did not care about what others would say, but they were his parents and brothers, and this also mattered the future of the two buns, so he had to care. Is heaven playing with him on purpose?

“Mom, dad, you worry about things I worry about, don’t worry, after he wakes up, I will let him go after I ask him something I want to know.”

In this case, he either let him go, or openly declared the identity of this man and got married with him. But the latter, he could never do it, so he had only one choice, but the premise was that he must find out the origin of the two little buns, otherwise all the previous things were done in vain.

“You send him away now, as far as possible, I will let your father and Jingpeng help you.”

“Mom…”

“Don’t call me mom, or would you marry him? Jingxuan, I won’t let him hurt you one more time.”

“But I…”

“Enough…”