chapter 92: Days Move On; Big Son's Family Got into Chaos (1)

Quiet and busy days went fast. As they just sent away the carriage from the restaurant from the fish, Wang came with three whole ox carts’ jars and pots in person. Since Ling Jingxuan’s order was huge, plus the time of those two orders was close, Wang decisively stopped going to the market and baked those pots and jars leading the workers himself regardless day and night. Now, in only two days, he sent half of those things he ordered.

“Childe Ling, there are only one hundred wine jars, but the two hundred you added later have not yet been made because of the complicated production process. Today I brought you a hundred wine jars, a hundred small jars, and fifty large ones as you designated. Would you like to see if this is what you wanted?”

Asking the worker to stop the ox cart at the gate, Wang took the initiative to lift the oilskin covering above. The two brothers moved forward and took a small one to check. The big character Ling(凌,surname of Ling Jingxuan) nearly took third of the pure white body, and at the bottom were the three words Ling Family Jam, simply but neat craft. The two brothers nodded, showing that they were quite satisfied.

“Well, that’s what it feels like. You can do it according to that standard.”

Looking at the dark brown font color matched with the pure white of the body, Ling Jingxuan gave a bright smile, his first career in ancient times gradually stepped on the right track, although currently he only decided to do three months, but the money he earned would be as his future venture capital, to create more wealth for him.

“Oh, as long as you are satisfied, I was worried it would not meet your standard.”

Wang, sweating all over his forehead, smiled apologetically. His impression toward Ling Jingxuan had already completely overturned.

“Don’t call me childe this and childe that. Just call me Jingxuan. Our countrymen don’t have so much courtesy.”

Compared with the old Ling family who always cared about their so-called face, Ling Jingxuan was much amiable. He also cared about his face, but in a different way.

“No. I am a rough man who knows nothing. How can I directly call your name? How about this? I’ll call you brother Ling.”

Hearing that, Wang hurriedly waved his hand. Cast aside those gossips about Ling Jingxuan. He is a real scholar, owning the title of tongsheng! In the countryside, scholars are the most respected without any doubt. If it hadn’t been that kind five years ago, how would Ling Jingxuan have ended up in a situation that everyone could bully him?

“Deal, as long as it makes you comfortable.”

Ling Jingxuan also did not insist on this kind of dispensable thing, but turned to Ling Jingpeng and said, “These jars will soon come in handy, you take them to the backyard to unload, I will settle the accounts here with him.”

“All right. You come with me.”

Speaking of which, Ling Jingpeng led those fellows into the backyard, while Ling Jingxuan pulled Wang who was trying to go help them, “Brother Wang, let them take care of it. Let’s go inside and have some tea.”

Lao Wang hesitated to look at him and then the fellows. After quite a while, he helplessly nodded to agree. He was a small businessman from the countryside, really not adapted to Ling Jingxuan’s hospitality. Of course, not disgusted feeling, but a bit flattered. As the saying goes, nothing is lofty except reading books. Before a scholar, anyone is inferior.

“Brother Wang, according to the price we agreed on, the wine jar is 25 copper coins each, that kind of small jars, I heard you’d charge three copper coins each. But I have them customized and with characters inscribed. So I can’t let you suffer losses, right? Let’s say five! Easy, brother Wang, hear me out.”

After sitting down in the guest room, Ling Jingxuan took the initiative to talk about the money. Before he could finish, Wang tried to cut in, but before he could utter a word, Ling Jingxuan raised a hand to stop him. After making sure he would chip in, Ling Jingxuan kept saying with a faint smile, “I know you don’t earn any making those wine jars for me, maybe you’d even lose money. Before the amount I asked for is small, and I had no much money, I could only appreciate it in my heart. But now I have signed a long-term cooperation agreement with the restaurant in the town, and they promised to pay me a considerable sum of money. As long as you would like, we’d have a lot of opportunities to work together. I can’t always take your advantage, right? So this is decided. Five for a small jar. As for the big ones, thirty, as you said.”

This was the result of his careful consideration. He would have a lot of things customized from Wang in the future. Wang is a sincere person and can cooperate with him for a long time.

“Since you say so, I’d look hypocritical if I still say no. All right, you decide. But, brother Ling, here is the thing. Prince raised only for those small jars, others still the original price.”

After listening to his long talk, Wang who had been a bit worried decisively agreed, feeling more satisfied with Ling Jingxuan. Meanwhile, he also felt sorry for the old Ling family. How could they abandon such a good son? If he could have had such a good son, let along male giving birth or pregnant before marriage, even if he killed someone or set a big fire, he’d face it together with him.

“Hehe~ OK, then let’s settle the accounts first. One hundred wine jars, two taels of silver. Those small jars, five hundred copper coins, big jars one thousand and five hundred. It’s four taels of silver in total. See if it’s right.”

That is Ling Jingxuan. If others treated him sincerely, he’d also do the same. On the contrary, if others tried to ride over his head, he’d definitely fight back. He is not a saint. If someone hit his left face, he would stretch out his right face to let that one slap. Anyone who offended him, he wouldn’t let him go easily, even not his family!

“Yes, it’s right, you are a scholar, how can you calculate wrong?”

Wang didn’t refuse this time. He had no choice. For this shipment, he also hired a lot of temporary workers, so he had to pay them.

“You must be kidding. A scholar is not a saint. It is impossible not to make mistakes.”

Ling Jingxuan said so while fishing out the prepared silver ingot and handed it to him. The goods are delivered and the bill is cleared , which is the basic for long-term cooperation. He is not that kind of person who likes reneging on a debt.

“Hehe… thanks for taking care of my business. Then I will take it.”

Putting the silver ingot away with a joyful smile, Wang still didn’t forget to play the civilities. Ling Jingxuan faintly smiled, took up the cup and had a sip of the tea. After Ling Jingxuan and those fellows finished, it was nearly an hour later. After sending them away, Ling Jingxuan planned to go to Zhao Dalong’s place, but got stopped by the small bun. Ling Jingxuan couldn’t resist the small bun’s pure and lovely eyes and agreed to stay.