chapter 77: 'Abused' by the Little Bun Again

"Do you think this agreement will work?"

Before long, the shopkeeper handed a new agreement to him. It didn't have many changes, only added the clause about the extra amount he had to supply and one tael of silver for one jin. Ling Jingxuan quickly viewed it, took over the seal and pressed his fingerprint, which indicated that their partnership had been established.

"Now that the matter is settled, I will not disturb you more. The restaurant is still busy."

The shopkeeper took out yesterday's agreement and tore it before Ling Jingxuan. After putting away the new agreement, he was about to leave. Ling Jingxuan hurriedly said, "Jingpeng? Jingpeng?"

Until this time he was aware that his younger brother had already kept drifting away. Glancing at the bundle in his arms, Ling Jingxuan didn't know whether to laugh or cry. Just a hundred taels of silver! Come oN!

"Jingpeng, Jingpeng..."

"Ah? You called me?"

Under Jingxuan's push and shove, Ling Jingpeng finally came back to himself, but still it was only confusing feeling in those pair of bright eyes.

Ling Jingxuan shook his head helplessly, "They are leaving. You take them to carry the jam in the cellar."

"Oh, then this... here you are!"

The puzzlement in the eyes instantly wore off, Ling Jingpeng couldn't help blushing. He ran away with his head down after stuffing the bundle to Ling Jingxuan. The two servants of Shopkeeper Zhang then followed behind. Ling Jingxuan gave a slight smile, "Sorry to make you laugh. You know, my younger brother has never seen the outside world. So he was a bit in a gaffe."

But at least he is better than his little bun, and it would be a shame if he also fell down like his little bun.

"Never mind. Never mind. Young men, I know. They need experience and toughening. Oh right, brother Ling, there's something you don't know. Yesterday a plague outbroke in Pingan Hall in the town. The county magistrate hurried over taking the yamen runners. It's said that the village that kid lives in has been quarantined. Fortunately Pingan Hall brought out the prescription for the precaution and treatment in the first place and the plague didn't spread out. You'd better go to the town and buy a few doses of herbs. And, the county magistrate also brought the news about conscription. A war broke out at the front line, so the Court decides to draft temporarily. Every family with two or more 14 to 35 laborers has to offer one. I heard you have two younger brothers, so you'd better make preparations ahead. I'm afraid soon the official announcement would be issued to all villages."

When Shopkeeper Zhang said the former part, Ling Jingxuan still looked unconcerned. When he came to the drafting part, Ling Jingxuan abruptly frowned. He didn't care at all, since he was way below the standard for sure. But his younger brother would be dangerous. Given the whole family's ignorance of his parents, plus yesterday's thing, once the announced was issued, they'd definitely let Jingpeng go! Damn it! Why does it come at such a time? In times of cold arms, being a soldier means death!

Unaware of the murderous feeling under his eyes, Shopkeeper Zhang only thought he was worried as he was frowning there. So he hurriedly told him the remedies. All years' battles, the national treasury has been in short supply, and the military expenditure is also very tense. So money and soldiers are both very important.

"Hmm, thank you for letting me know, brother Zhang."

Withdrawing the killing feeling in the eyes, Ling Jingxuan cupped his hands and already wore a faint smile on the face. In the world, there's no absolute good or bad thing. It might be a good chance for them. Who knows?