chapter 76: Big Business; Re-sign the Agreement (2)

Ling Jingpeng nodded, turned to go out then. Shopkeeper Zhang only had a head of question marks now. When Ling Jingpeng came back, he got a pot of jam with its mouth wrapped with a piece of white cloth. Ling Jingxuan took it over, uncovered the white cloth and handed it before the shopkeeper, "Yesterday we made a deal, one tael of silver for each pot. I thought you wouldn't buy much, a few hundred a month tops. But now your amount has increased over ten times, and might even double again in the future. So using such small pots, I'm afraid soon such pots would be out of stock. As you can see, I'm a countryman, with two kids to support, so I can't go to other places to purchase pots. So I am wondering, this kind of pots could only contain one jin at most. How about I use bib jars and we can calculate by jin? I can give you a big discount. One tael of silver for one jin?"

It was obvious some business with no any cost, he could still act like it was like cutting his flesh. Oh man!

"OK, but better no more than one hundred jin for a pot. You know, we got to send them to all the restaurants nearby. It's a bit hard to allocate, you know. And we can't afford it if it breaks or what on way."

His requirement was not too much. It was true it was more cost-effective for one tael of silver for one jin than one tael of silver for a little pot. So there was no reason Shopkeeper Zhang said no. He only needed to re-sign the contract.

"Don't worry, my original plan is fifty jin for one jar. Enough for you to allocate. But Mr. Zhang, have you ever thought of selling it to the public?"

Whether the wine could be sold here, he had no idea yet. If he wanted to earn enough money to build houses he wanted in three months, he could only reply on selling jam. Although the amount Shopkeeper Zhang needed was already amazing, he thought it was still not enough. After yesterday's thing, he decided to get rich as soon as possible, and let those who look down on them regret to death!

"For sale? You mean..."

Someone who could be the shopkeeper would definitely have a smart brain. After only one second's confusion in the eyes, Shopkeeper Zhang already beamed with excitement in the eyes. Ling Jingxuan looked into his eyes and nodded, "Hmm, for sale! Actually that frozen desert is also easy to make. Those foodies know how to make it if they watch it for only one time. As far as I know, those misses and madams from those big families would only stay at home, right? If they take it back, I'm afraid it's already melted on the way. If they got ready-made jam and make it home, problem solved."

In any era, it's always easy to make money out of women!

"That's all right, but if you want to sell it to big families, the jars won't fit. You have to use small pots, and it needs to be a little more delicate. Didn't you say there aren't so many?"

"Well..."

An evil smile climbed up Ling Jingxuan's cheeks. The shopkeeper looked at him suspiciously. Suddenly he pointed at Ling Jingxuan and laughed in spite of himself like he got enlightened, "You boy, you are a genius!"

Only then did he know that Ling Jingxuan had planned everything, just waiting for him to jump in.

"Heihei, you are too serious. I'm just doing it to support the family."

Ling Jingxuan cupped his hands before modestly, withdrew the smile and continued, "Because the amount you need is huge, I suggest you use big jars. I didn't play any tricks or what. Trust me, Mr. Zhang, as for those little pots of jam, it's still one tael of silver for you. As for how much you are gonna sell them, not my concern, and I wouldn't tell anyone the bottom price, or sell them to others. You can write them all in the agreement."

"Of course. But the amount will be really huge. Are you sure you can supply it?"

Shopkeeper Zhang raised his head to look around. It was not that he didn't trust him. But, this house is this small. Before he came, he also heard a lot about him, knowing that he had two kids to support, and sometimes his parents and younger brother would come to help, but the amount they need is too huge. It's hard for only a few of them to maintain it, isn't it?

"Rest assured, Mr. Zhang. Since I could come up with this suggestion, of course I can guarantee you. But still like what I said, those fruit for the jam are seasonal products. However big amount you need, I only supply till September. As it turns cold in October, I will cut the supply."

He already had a plan. He would ask Zhao Dalong's whole family to join. Of course, not cooperation, but employing them. If in the future he was too busy, he would hire some long-time workers. He heard that he could even buy people here. As for how, he still didn't know. That was the future thing. In order to earn enough money to reclaim the wasteland, he had to take the risk.

"All right, since you say so, what's there to be worried about?"

The shopkeeper was also straightforward. He immediately turned around and asked the servant to fetch the brush, ink and silver. Whatever changes there'd be in the agreement, today he would take the one hundred pots of jam back.

"Well, let's get back to those fish. It's at most ten copper coins for one jin if you sell them in the market. I can offer the same price, and sell them all to me, what do you say?"

Seizing the chance, the shopkeeper tried to do business again. Ling Jingxuan shook his head helplessly, "Deal. Still those words. At this hour every morning, you have to send someone to fetch yourself. I can only supply for 30 every day. In the future I plan to dig a two mu fishpond in my backyard and try to raise my own fish. If you are interested, we can talk after the fish grow big enough."

The fishpond thing should not be delayed any longer. Only seen from the business of the jam, he could tell Xinyuan Restaurant is super rich. He wouldn't try to earn their money only if he got only shit in the head.

"All right. I trust you. About the fish supply, it doesn't need any agreement for now. We'll talk about when the fish are big enough."

During their conversation, the servant with the package came back, the shopkeeper took the package and took out the ink, paper and ink stone and pushed the rest before Ling Jingxuan, "I guess in your village it's not very convenient to use bank notes, so I made the decision for you to exchange it into a hundred taels of silver. You count them."

"Thank you, Mr. Zhang."

Taking the package, Ling Jingxuan didn't count them and directly threw it to Ling Jingpeng who was standing behind.