chapter 95: Ling Jingwei's Hatred (2)

“Grandpa, there’s one thing that failed and we didn’t tell you. A few months ago, finally I got my father-in-law and Suhua’s permission that I can adopt a kid from our family. Thinking back and forth, I thought although Jingxuan was driven out of the family, the two kids are innocent, so I asked my mom to sound out opinions of my second uncle and aunt, but they directly turned them down. So, I could only give up, but…A few days ago, I accidentally bumped into Jingxuan and the two kids in town. The two kids are so cute, so I bought two packs of osmanthus candy for them. I am afraid that my second uncle and aunt told him about me wanting to adopt his kids, he has held hatred in the heart of me, and the night before last, he went to my father-in-law and invented a story saying that I was born with cold sperms and couldn’t get a woman pregnant. At first, my father-in-law did not believe it. But I don’t know what he did to my father-in-law in the middle, the next day, my father-in-law abruptly changed his attitude and asked me to have a peaceful divorce with Suhua. This is all because of Ling Jingxuan. If it weren’t him, I wouldn’t have ended up like this! Grandpa, you got to hold justice for me!”

Deliberately hiding fact of kidnapping the children, Ling Jingwei, such a big man, crawled over to the old man, crying hard. But in a corner no one could see, his eyes were filled with undisguised hatred. His half true explanation not only threw all the blame onto Ling Jingxuan, but also got Ling Chenglong and his wife involved.

“That son of a bitch! How could he have done such a wicked thing? Oh, heaven! Why don’t you kill him with a thunder-strike! My poor Jingwei…”

Hearing that, before the old man could say a word, the old lady started the abusing again. After having been through that thing a few days ago, plus her second son and daughter-in-law’s non-action these days, she had already hated Ling Jingxuan to the bones, only wishing to find a reason to kill him.

“This is outrageous! How could Ling Jingxuan do this? It is for the good of his kids if you adopt them. Instead of appreciating it, he has done such an immoral thing! How could our family have a bastard? Dad, this is about the dignity of our whole family. You should do something!”

On hearing that, Ling Chenghua, who was watching the drama/making mischief, immediately took the big son’s side. And her comparatively delicate face got distorted due to the strong hate.

“Mom, dad, after I married into Ling family, I can say I have been filial to you two and cared about the juniors, and I have never had any quarrel with my sisters-in-law. How could Chenglong and his wife indulge their son defame my son? Dad, mom, you got to hold justice for us!”

After freezing there for a bit, like having understood what her son was trying to say, Lady Li complained while crying. Ling Chengcai pursed his lips aside. Although he didn’t say a word, the angry expression on the face showed his satisfaction. By contrast, his big son Ling Jinghong looked much quiet, he and his wife just stood there, keeping silent.

Bam~

After quite a while, Ling Qiyun suddenly pounded the table and got up, with anger crawling onto that wrinkled face. Even an idiot could tell he had bought Ling Jingwei’s theory.

“Since this is someone else’s frame, I’ll go to town with you. As for Chenglong, wait till this matter is solved.”

He also did not believe Ling Jingxuan could turn white into black with only a few words! The worst scenario is go to yamen! Jingwei did nothing wrong, it’s Zhao family’s fault to ask for a peaceful divorce! Although they are from a small village, no one would bully them!

Those people who were crying curled up their lips simultaneously, but instantly hid away that trace of gloating. Then under the old man’s lead, they drove the ox cart and went to town. But, would they really get what they wanted?

Of course, Ling Jingxuan would never know what had happened that side. After Zhao Dalong and his husband came, he took out a pile of bottles and jars, with snake medicine, poison against beasts and detoxifying pills, etc.. After briefly explaining to them how to use them and handing the three buns to Lady Wang, Ling Jingxuan and the other three carried the bamboo baskets and went to the mountains.

“Wow! There’re so many wild fruits in Yuehua Mountain!”

Looking at those wild fruits all over the mountain, Han Fei couldn’t help exclaiming. All those years, the whole village said there are monsters in Yuehua Mountain, and those hunters who went in never made it back. As time passed, no one dared to go in anymore. At first, when Ling Jingxuan told them he’d go to Yuehua Mountain to pick wild fruit, he had been worried. But, all the way nothing happened at all. Not long after entering the mountain, those wild fruits all over nearly blinded his eyes.

“Yuehua Mountain is unfrequented. It’s only normal to grow so many wild fruits. This is only the periphery. If we go deeper in, maybe there’re even treasures! But, the deeper, the more dangerous. So we don’t have to take the risk. Brother Zhao, brother Han, it’s those red fruit on those trees. Sorry to trouble you.”

Saying so, Ling Jingxuan led them to a few giant blueberry trees he had found a few days ago. He planned to make jam using blueberries this time. As for those wild grapes, he wanted to make wine. He would make as much as he could. Even if no one bought it, he could save it to himself to enjoy, right? Wine is something good.

“It’s no trouble. You know, we got nothing to do. All right, leave here to us.”

Speaking of which, Han Fei put down the bamboo basket and started to pick them.

“All right, Jinghan, let’s go pick wild grapes.”

The four of them shared out the work and started their own job. Compared with blueberries that grow on trees, wild grapes were much easier to pick. Ling Jingxuan and Jingpeng were quick with their hands. Soon they picked two full bamboo baskets of them. But that was far from enough. Ling Jingxuan asked Ling Jingpeng to carry some back, then he turned to climb onto the tree to help Zhao Dalong and his husband to pick blueberries.

Four of them kept busy from morning to evening. If having not been worried of beasts at night, they still wouldn’t go back.