chapter 84: Looking for his Sons That very Night (1)

Hia~ Hia~

Under the shades of evening, an ox cart was driving even faster than a horse cart. Inside three of them kept quiet. Under the moonlight, three pairs of eyes flashed with suppressed angry light. The moment they got to know the buns were missing, the smile never crawled onto their faces again, especially Ling Jingxuan, who had some kind of unprecedented vicious killing qi!

“Stop! Who is it?”

As they were about to get to the town, a group of soldiers stood in their way, and the fast moving ox card could only make a pause. Ling Jingxuan tried his best to restrain the great anxiety and then forced out a smile while taking out a silver ingot and stuffed into the hand of the leading solider secretly, “Sir, we have an appointment with Shopkeeper Zhang of Xinyuan Restaurant. Please do us a favor.”

Never heard people couldn’t go to town at night. Maybe because of the plague thing! Ling Jingxuan was worried about the kids, so he didn’t want to haggle over with them. Let money talk then.

“There is an outbreak of plague in the town, and the magistrate has ordered to cancel all night activities. If it’s not something urgent, you can come tomorrow.”

Quietly weighing the silver ingot in the hand, the leading soldier eased his tone, but still didn’t agree to let them pass, after all the magistrate is the boss here. If something really happens, they can’t explain themselves. But as shrewd as Ling Jingxuan was, with his eyes rolling, he instantly took out another silver ingot and stuffed into his hand, “It’s something urgent. Please do me this little favor.”

“Okay, just this once. Let them go!”

Receiving another silver ingot, the leading soldier finally nodded, Ling Jingxuan thanked him repeatedly, then turned to climb onto the ox cart, while Zhao Dalong waved his whip to move on. After entering the town, the ox cart went straight to Ling Jingwei’s place-the grocery store.

The Zhao Mansion had three gates, with two sideyards on both sides. The grocery store in the front and the garden in the middle weren’t that big, but it was already good enough to have such a big house in the town.

Bam~

The ox cart stopped in front of the grocery store, three people briefly looked around, directly knocked on the gate of the grocery store. They were not what martial arts masters who could leap onto roofs and vault over walls. If they wanted to go in, they could only use the easiest, also the quickest way.

“Who is it? It’s so late. Can’t you give us a break?”

Inside came a man’s impatient voice, as Ling Jingpeng just wanted to make a sound, he got shushed by Ling Jingxuan. Then Ling Jingxuan kept rudely kicking the gate while pulling out a sharp dagger on the side of his waist which he bought yesterday in the market. Never expect it would come in handy so soon.

“Coming…coming…stop knocking…Ouch!”

“Don’t move! Or I’ll cut off your neck!”

The man who came to answer the gate had no idea what was going on outside when he was suddenly held against by a cold dagger which lay on his neck. He could not help but feel weak and stammered, “Hero, spare my life. Please!”

“Get in!”

Ignoring his plea for mercy, Ling Jingxuan clasped his left hand with one hand and screwed it behind his back, whole the other hand holding the dagger against his neck, and after they entered the shop, Ling Jingpeng and Zhao Dalong shut the door silently, as if nothing had not happened.

“Ah!~ Who are you? What do you want?”

Hearing the noise outside, Ling Jingwei and a woman in her twenties at most wearing silk clothe walked out, she should be Ling Jingwei wife Lady Zhao. Seeing Ling Jingxuan and others, Ling Jingwei looked a bit unnatural, but instantly that kind of unnatural feeling was gone. Lady Zhao screamed, staring at Ling Jingxuan who was holding a dagger against their servant’s neck.

“Jingxuan? How did you… what’s going on?”

Hugging the frightened Lady Zhao, Ling Jingwei pretended to be surprised, his face full of doubts.

“Where are Xiaowen and Xiaowu?”

Ling Jingxuan got straight to the point. The unnatural feeling flashing in the other’s side didn’t escape from his eyes. If he had been only 80% sure, now he was 100% sure. His little buns were here!

“Xiaowen? Jingxuan, what are you talking about? How would I ever know where they are…”

“You can go on with your sophistry, if you don’t mind him dying here!”

Before he finished his words, Ling Jingxuan’s hand holding the dagger pressed it even harder, the sharp edge immediately cut the man’s skin, the deep red dazzling blood flew out along the slender wound, and the air was mixed with a faint smell of blood.

“Ouch… no, Jingwei, help me… miss…”

That man felt both painful and scared, two legs shaking like a sieve, with his terrified and moist eyes turning to Ling Jingwei and his wife for help. Standing behind Ling Jingxuan, Ling Jingpeng Zhao Dalong slightly frowned, but also did not stop it. They believed that Ling Jingxuan should know how far to go and when to stop. He wouldn’t really kill him.

Obviously did not expect he would be serious, Ling Jingwei holding Lady Zhao in his arms got frozen there, with the words his parents told him this noon ringing in his head. And because of those words, he decided to take Ling Jingxuan’s kids away. He had anticipated that Ling Jingxuan would never know it was him. And even if he knew, he could just deny it. Given their knowledge of Ling Jingxuan, plus his embarrassing situation in the village, he wouldn’t dare to make a fuss. He could only swallow it down. But…Is that really that Ling Jingxuan who has grown up together with him?

“Are you Ling Jingxuan? What the hell are you talking about? Xiaowen? Never seen him.”

The man who got kidnapped was called Zhao Xiaosi, the servant of the family. After all Lady Zhao was a woman. Seeing such a bloody scene, her voice was trembling. She knew about Ling Jingxuan, but never saw him. When she got married with Ling Jingwei, he had already been thrown out of the family. And after the wedding, they moved to town and seldom went back. The only impression about him was a few months ago Ling Jingwei had ever mentioned to her about adopting Ling Jingxuan’s kids. And that time, since their second uncle and aunt directly refused them, she just didn’t put it in her heart. But…what is going on now?

“You didn’t see them doesn’t mean others did not! Ling Jingwei, I got limited patience. Hand over Xiaowen and Xiaowu, and I would take it as nothing has happened today. Otherwise, don’t blame for my ruthlessness!”

Long and narrow phoenix eyes burst out some cold light, meaningfully locating the shocked Ling Jingwei. He has no interest in knowing what this couple were up to or whether Lady Zhao knew about it, he only had his buns in the head now.

“Jingwei, help…”