chapter 74: Warning from Ling Jingpeng; I'll Listen to Big Brother (2)

Yesterday after bringing the old lady and other back, Ling Qiyun did not go to his private school not far away home. He only sent his biggest grandson of the first wife Ling Jinghong to inform the kids to go home. After Ling Chenglong and his wife went back, the old man asked the biggest son Ling Chengcai to send the old woman back to her own family in their face. Finally under his sons and grandsons’ pleading, the old woman stayed. But as Ling Chenglong anticipated, dividing the family and moving out to live alone went nowhere.

When the couple returned to their own room, Lady Wang could not help but tearing. Apparently having known the old man dig a pit and wait for them to jump in, they still chose to jump in,  while others, except receiving some scolding from the old man, got no punishment at all. If it had been before, they would only think the old lady was partial, the old man just turned a blind eyes and did not care. But seen from now, even the old man was partial to others.

“Mother, one heart is born partial. So many years have passed and we are already used to it. Anyway, my big brother and others are all OK. So, forget about it. If my illness can really be cured, I will take the imperial examination. As long as I can get a title, no one in this family would dare bully us as they want.”

Finally, it was ling Jinghan’s words soothed her. Filial piety was like a mountains pressing over their heads. What can they do expect persuading themselves? The ones who bulled them were their parents.

“Jingpeng, you are home? Good. Dinner is ready. Put things down and come eat some food.”

When Ling Jingpeng carrying two jars came back home, Lady Li, his big uncle’s wife who was missing yesterday, welcomed him as usual, like nothing had happened yesterday at all.

Lady Li was the old lady’s niece, who would always know how to please the old lady, also was generous and virtuous among those wives, also gentle and loving before the juniors. But Ling Jingpeng did not like him since he was little. It was not that he was smarter than others and could see her true color beneath that face, but one time, accidentally overheard that she complained before his big uncle that his parents had spent too much on someone who was destined to die. Since then, he distanced himself from her.

“Morning, auntie.”

Not infected by her enthusiasm, Ling Jingpeng nodded at random, carried the pots and walked into the yard.

“Bah! Who does he think he is? Sister-law-law, ignore him. He is just a bastard who only eats free food. Such an ungrateful thing!”

Behind, Ling Chenghua’s abusing clearly went into his ears. Ling Jingpeng indifferently closed the door, also indirectly cut off those annoying dialogues outside.

“Jingpeng, you are back. It’s time to carry fish from Jingxuan’s place. Why did you come back?”

Seeing his son, who didn’t get up early to do chores for the first time due to anger, Lady Wang hurriedly dropped the work of wiping the table and went to his side. Ling Chenglong, who was hunkering aside also gave him a strange look.

“My big brother asked me to take the decocted medicine over for my second brother. Ge, how you feeling now after taking the medicine big brother prescribed for you? Any better?”

Waving the pot in his hand, Ling Jingpeng poured two bowls of it and sent to Ling Jinghan’s bed, while caring about his situation.

“How can it be that fast? But I did cough much less last night. And I also barely coughed this morning when I was talking. It works, I guess.”

Holding up his body and taking over the bowl of herbs, Ling Jinghan said with a smile. Compared with the expectations of his parents and brothers, he already held no big hope for his own illness, in case he would get a bigger blow if it failed.