chapter 61: Plan for the Future (1)

“Xiaowu, do you want to practice calligraphy or martial arts?”

After getting out of the room, it took Ling Wen quite a while to return to normal. Now daddy became normal, they did not have to go outside looking for wild vegetables or what again. Thinking that daddy often said wanting them to become a xiucai, Ling Wen decided to go to the backyard to practice calligraphy, to meet daddy’s expectations as soon as possible.

But, how could Ling Jingxuan ever be that kind of pedantic person? If he really planned to let them take the imperial examination, he wouldn’t just let them be a xiucai. Reading was the first duty of a child, he just didn’t want them to become illiterate who were ignorant. In his eyes, a xiucai was only a graduate from middle school, however, in his mind his request was not very high. As for in the future whether they would take the road of the imperial examination, he would respect their own decision.

“I want to practice martial arts. I want to protect you and daddy from being bullied.”

Ling Wu shook his head. Compared with Ling Wen, he was really too innocent, but compared with other children, he was also kind of premature. Although they were twins, Ling Wen had already praised himself as the big brother, the mainstay of the home. One could say he grew up looking at his elder brother’s back. Whenever other kids in the village bullied him, his elder brother would stand out and protect him, and wouldn’t let those bullies touch a hair of him, so every time the one who got beaten was his elder brother. But now everything was different since their daddy turned normal. And they also would become better and better. Daddy even taught them to read and practice martial arts. Compared with reading, he preferred martial arts because he wanted to protect daddy and his elder brother.

“Hmm, let’s bring some tea to the backyard. It’s too hot for you to practice martial arts now.”

Touching his little brother’s face, Ling Wen took him to the kitchen to carry a large pot of tea before moving to the backyard. The brothers had no idea that a disaster was approaching.

Ling Jingxuan’s place was very remote, at least one li away from the village, which also needed some time to come and go. Apparently that bunch of woman’s speed could never compare with men. Before they arrived, Ling Jingpeng already came back after picking two bamboo baskets of wild grapes, later Ling Jingxuan also came back. The two brothers gave each other a smile with sweat all over. Both their slightly immature faces glowed with light flush, but neither showed a slice of exhaustion. Compared with the great temptation of two taels of silver for one pot of jam, that was nothing at all.

“Pfff~ Ge, you cut your own clothes to bag things again? You really can’t blame Xiaowen nagging you.”

After noticing that his elder brother holding two bags of things in his hands, plus his cloths having a large part gone, Ling Jingpeng burst out laughing, remembering that last time how Xiaowen nagged him for quite a while.

“Er…do you really have to remind me of that?”

Face sunk, Ling Jingxuan angrily gave him a stare. Clearly his bun saw him cut the clothes, but he did not stop him, OK? He thought… after they were done, the big bun started to nag him about things like he didn’t cherish things and liked wasting and…, which made his ears boil. Even now it still gave him a headache when he remembered the scene.

“Ha ha… No, but ge, what’s in your bags anyway?”

Ling Jingpeng laughed even harder. But being afraid that his elder brother might get ashamed into anger, he had to force myself to change the subject, and shifted the focus on the two bags. On the mountain there was everything, besides, his elder brother was an expert on this. Forget about other things, even those mushrooms were very fresh and delicious. He had always been wondering when he could ask him to teach him how to distinguish those things.

“Of course it’s all good stuff. Come here and look, this is raspberry. I found several raspberry trees ahead, full of mature red fruit on. Its sour with sweet taste can perfectly replace wild grapes to make jam. I have checked it carefully. Beside those, there are many small raspberry trees. Later we can dig them out and plant in the yard, then next year we don’t have to take the adventure here next year. And this, wild waxberry. Pity that its fruiting season is in May. I only picked a little. It has great medicinal value. Using it to bubble wine to drink could help produce saliva and slake thirst, and could also prevent and cure sunstroke. Let’s come earlier next year. And we can take these back to soak it with some wine this year.”

Speaking of his new discovery, Ling Jingxuan unwrapped the bags like offering a treasure. The two kinds of fruit were both bright red color, and both tasted sour and sweet, the difference was their appearance, use and medicinal value. Taking raspberry long-term can also cure impotence and cure infertility. What the ancients people were most afraid of? Of course no offspring!

One had to say, Ling Jingxuan doctor’s ability really provided him with a lot of convenience. he could find anything with medicinal value, and according to what he had learnt in previous life to derive a series of ways to make money. Judging from Ling Jingpeng’s shocking face, one could imagine how amazed he was.

“Ahem… what’s this?”

Finally pressing down that kind of strong shocking feeling because of his own elder brother’s rich knowledge and active mind, Ling Jingpeng coughed and forced himself to calm down. He had a hunch, they would get super rish in the near future.

“These are agaricus and a variety of mushrooms, now is not the season of the growth of a large number of mushrooms, so it’s already good enough to find these. When it becomes cool in October, I guess there’d be numerous mushrooms on the mountain. Then we can pick more and sell in the town. Anyway it’s another way of making money.”

A fly’s leg is tiny, but it’s still meat. They could make money out of it without any seed money. Why not do it?

“Ge, how do you know so much?”

Ling Jingpeng just casually asked, Ling Jingxuan froze there reflevctively.He hurried turned to check those wild grapes to cover his unnatural, “You forget that I am a scholar anyway. I have read a lot of books, of course I know a lot.”

Using stereotypical excuses, even Ling Jingxuan himself felt ashamed. His younger brother was neither of the two little buns at home. He could only feel strange if his younger brother really bought it.