chapter 42: Daddy, I'm so Happy!

“Wow…finally.”

Out of the restaurant, Ling Jingxuan exaggeratedly exhaled a big breath, moved his stiff neck. It was true that comfortable days would foster one’s laziness. Having transmigrated here only over a few days, within an hour of camouflage almost exhausted him. In previous life for the sake of mission success, he often needed makeup penetration, lurking for several days, but he had never felt tired. But today, though poor, his heart was calm at ease, he almost forgot that licking-blood-on-blade life.

“Daddy, daddy, does the silver really belong to us now?”

The big bun behind him can’t believe it till now. His daddy just made food that looked delicious. How did he make two whole taels of silver? How many fish would they have to sell to save so much money?

“Huh?”

Hearing his words, Ling Jingxuan lowered his head to look at him and then crooked his lips and said, “Yes, it’s all ours. Daddy earned it very hard.”

It’s hard, hard pretending to act well-mannered.

“Really? Really?”

Even if had been confirmed by him, Ling Wen still tightly clenched the silver and kept asking. The usually shrewd and precocious Lin Wen finally showed what a five years old child should be like. Ling Jingxuan squatted down to his level, and said word by word, “Really, it is ours.”

“Wow. Daddy! Daddy…”

However, the next second, Ling Wen holding money jumped into his arms. Ling Wu who was next to him couldn’t help reddening his eyes. Those passers-by stopped and watched them strangely. Ling Jingxuan already got dumbfounded when Ling Wen started crying. After quite a while, he patted on his back, whispering, “It’s all right, it’s all right, say something if you want to. You are a man. How can you cry like that? Be good. Stop crying.”

He could say that he had seen countless different people, with an eye, he could tell who was good and who was bad, but at this moment, he was a little bit confused about his little bun. Making money is a good thing, for someone who is money-loving like him, shouldn’t he be happy? Why is he crying so hard?

“Ge, don’t cry, I want to cry when I see you cry…”

Ling Wu choked while stretching out the thin small arms holding them, tears spinning in the eyes, which might burst out at any second.

“Boohoo…Hmm, I don’t cry. Xiao Wu doesn’t cry either.”

Ling Wen who was choking hard listened to his little brother’s words miraculously. He who had claimed as his eldest brother had to set a good example, so he rushed out of Ling Jingxuan’s arms, raised a hand to wipe off the tears on the face hurriedly, also, did not forget to take a corner of his clothes to wipe the face for Ling Wu. Seeing this, Ling Jingxuan again could not help but feel sour in the heart. Sometimes it wasn’t a good thing that the children were too sensible. He had to think of a way to resume his innocence and liveliness a five years old child should have.

“Ge, you don’t cry, either.”

Ling Wu sensibly nodded, and held back the tears that were popping out.

Ling Wen carefully put the two taels of silver into the old money bag, took Ling Wu’s hand and looked up at Ling Jingxuan, “Daddy, I am happy, we finally have money.”

His big round eyes went wet again as he spoke. He had never seen so much money in his life. On thinking that a few days ago they still had no food to stuff their belly, he couldn’t help crying again.

Just two taels of silver and they call it rich?

Ling Jingxuan wanted to complain, but he just couldn’t, because, he also remembered the unbearable past, although it all had been caused by the original owner, and he basically had nothing to do with it, he cared about the two children.

“You fool, didn’t you hear what daddy said to Shopkeeper Zhang? Tomorrow they’ll want more jam, and a hundred jars! From now on we’ll only be richer. When this deal is done, I’ll send you to a private school. I still expect you two to pass the imperial exam and got a title of xiucai or what.”

Taking their hand respectively, Ling Jingxuan walked while saying so. He also did not have big ambition, just wanted to try to make money and let the two buns live a better life, no longer getting starved, or getting bullied by others. As for the future… thinking of the one at home, his beautiful eyebrow wrinkled. Forget it! Take it one step at a time. Who can tell what the future is like? As long as the others do not take the initiative to provoke him, he is too lazy to expend idea to unrelated people.

“Then we’ll have a hundred tales of silver! Wow…”

Hearing that, Ling Wen could not help crying out, but immediately remembered that they were in the street, so he hurriedly covered his mouth, with those big eyes filled with surprise. A hundred taels of silver! In the past, he even dared not to think of it!

“Daddy, are we really going to be rich?”

Ling Wu looked up, long and dense eyelashes blinking. One could imagine how cute he was at the moment. Ling Jingxuan helplessly shook his head, “Hmm. But later we have to buy a hundred jars, and go to the mountain to pick wild fruit. We have to make them tonight.”

Hadn’t they been present when he was talking business with the shopkeeper? How do they both look so ignorant?

Ling Jingxuan did not know that, as early as he said a jar of jam for one tael of silver, the two buns already became stoned there, so they did not pay attention to what they said after that. In addition, even if they heard what they talked about, they might not be able to fully understand, anyhow, they were only five years old.

“Daddy, let’s go to the pharmacy and get some medicine for Uncle Jinghan.”

Ling Wen paced up on hearing that, Ling Wu also happily kept up with him. Two buns, one on the left, one on the right, holding Ling Jingxuan’s hand, almost dragging him to run, “Can’t you slow down? No hurry.”

Ling Jingxuan was feeling both helpless and funny. On hearing money, the kids immediately became alive.

“How can you be in no hurry to make money? Daddy, hurry up!”

“Daddy, come after us, come on…”

“Ok, ok…Here I come…”

Totally ignoring the crowd, the father and sons began to laugh and chase each other on the bluestone road, shedding countless laughter along the way.