chapter 60: Sowing Discord; The Conversation Between the Two Little Buns (2)

Ling Jingxuan, of course, was impossible to know any of this. In order to save time, the two brothers directly went through the bushes from the back of the house into Yuehua Moutain, and entered into the woods where they picked wild grapes the other day. The female wolf’s body had already been gone, only a pile of bones and blood stains were left there, maybe already eaten by other animals. Ling Jingxuan also didn’t think much of it. The two brothers put down the bamboo baskets and started to pick up wild grapes.

“Ge, where are you going?”

In this season, most of the fruit were ripe. Soon they picked over half of the bamboo basket. The moment Ling Jingpeng raised his head, he saw that Ling Jingxuan went deeper with his sharp sickle, showing a little doubt on his face, he followed up without thinking much.

“I want to see if there is any other wild fruit nearby. You pick it here first. I will be back soon.”

Ling Jingxuan turned to give him a ‘trust-me’ look but did not stop his action of waving his sickle. A lot of fruit can make jam, but when it came to taste, few wild fruit can reach the level of sweetness and sourness of wild grapes. From the long run, he must find out as many kinds of wild fruit as possible to make jam, then before winter came, he not only would build a house, but also wanted to make the business big.

“Then be careful. Don’t go too deep. There are many wild animals on the mountain. It would be too bad if you meet something fierce.”

On hearing him, Ling Jingpeng stopped, still nagged him since he was really worried, though no one was clearer than him that his big brother was capable enough who didn’t need him to worry about.

Ling Jingxuan didn’t reply him this time, just waved his hand back to him dismissively, showing that he heard him. Ling Jingpeng with sweat all over his forehead turned back and continued picking wild grapes. Only god knows how shocked he was when he heard how much a jar of jam was worth from Ling Wen, followed by his worship to his big brother and the compulsive excitement about making money. Disregarding whether those money was made by him or his big brother, he all felt thrilled. Anyway, they are brothers, right?

On the other side, in Ling Jingxuan’s home, after they left, the two buns went into the room holding the clothes they bought for Yan Shengrui. However, Yan Shengrui was still sleeping, the twin brothers exhaled a long breath. While Ling Wen was looking for a place to put those clothes, the lovely small bun squatted before Yan Shengrui and observed his sleeping face curiously. Eyebrow peak, from time to time, creased, small mouth pursed now and then. One could imagine how cute those slight facial expression changes were.

“Ge, do you think he is really our father?”

Gathering some courage, he poked him in the face. The small bun turned to look at his big brother and asked. Actually deep in his heart, he still longed for this father.

“Why ask about that? Anyway he will leave after getting recovered. Xiaowu, we only want daddy, remember?”

Ling Wen’s thin and dry body went stiff slightly, then he walked over with his mouth pouted, his black and bright eyes intertwined with hatred, longing and entanglement. How could he not know what his younger brother was thinking? But all these years, their grandma kept nagging by their ears that they wouldn’t have been in this situation if it hadn’t been for this man, and since he had grown a bit bigger, he had held infinite resentment toward this so-called father, which, of course, was something he had longed for too. He just wouldn’t admit it.

“But …Tiewa has two dads. I also want two. Then they won’t call us bastards anymore.”

Hearing him, the small bun lowered his head, with tears in his eyes, with his fingers crossed. He just couldn’t understand, since their father came back, why his daddy and big brother still want to drive him away?

Ling Wen felt upset for a while, then put down the clothes and held his shoulders, saying with tears in his eyes, “Xiaowu, be good, don’t say these words in front of daddy, otherwise daddy will be upset.”

“I know, I’m just nagging before you. Ge, can’t we…let father stay?”

He nodded his head which was burying in his neck. Small bun raised his tearful eyes and looked at him, with undisguised expectations under his eyes. It pricked Ling Wen’s heart. But he couldn’t argue about that, “Urgh…I guess. I asked our little uncle, he said, if daddy agrees, he can stay. He also said to me, we shouldn’t interfere daddy from making his decision. In the past five years daddy was like a fool all because of this man, now daddy finally becomes normal, as his sons, if we defy him, he will certainly feel sad. I do not completely understand what uncle means, but I think what he said is right. As long as daddy wants him to stay, I would also like to forget about the past and accept him. Xiaowu, I only said those words to you. You can’t tell anyone else.”

“Hmm, but ge, don’t you always lesson daddy?”

With that pair of innocent eyes blinking, the small bun started…roasting… Ling Wen’s body went stiff. Then he remembered how he yelled at his daddy, and his small face can not help turning red, then he quickly strode out, “That’s because I, I was afraid that daddy would blow money. Don’t you know how hard it is for us to make money? Besides, daddy doesn’t know how to live a life, of course I should watch him. Hmm, that’s that…”

“Oh, I see!”

Ling Wu nodded as if he got enlightened, and hurriedly followed up. Soon the two brothers  disappeared in the room. They never knew that Yan Shengrui wasn’t really asleep. He was just closing his eyes for rest. As early as when they opened the door, he already knew. He’d like to contact more with the children, talk about those small household affairs or something like that, but he didn’t know how to get along with children, so he decided to pretend to be sleeping, and see what they would do to him, but did not expect…he heard every word the two kids said. When he heard that Ling Jingxuan who had always behaved so indifferently had performed like a fool in the past five years, he suddenly felt aching pain in the heart like someone was hitting it with something blunt. No wonder he would do that to him. If it were him, maybe he had already killed himself. The more he knew about him, the more he felt grieved, and the more he wanted to make it up to him. But he didn’t know why, he always felt something was missing between. But he couldn’t remember what it was. Finally he could only blame it for memory loss.

He lifted his body and picked up the new clothes Ling Wen bought him. Although the quality looked dodgy, Yan Shengrui gripped them tightly. The pain faded gradually in his tiger eyes and revealed firmness, “Ling Jingxuan, I swear I will take care of you and the two little buns!”

No matter whether he could restore his memory in the future, whether he really had a noble identity as Ling Jingxuan said, he would not forget today’s decision. He would give them a happy future!