chapter 05: Beating up the Shrew & Educating the Two Buns (2)

Seeing this, the little bun also leaned against his dad, while the latter raised his hand to embrace him, let the two children cry in his arms. Ling Jingxuan secretly swore to himself: This was the last time, he would never let people bully his children.

In less than an hour, Ling Jingxuan not only accepted his present identity but also took the two buns as his own sons from the bottom of his heart.

“Bastard, shameless monster, how dare you!”

The woman who had been pushed away came to her senses. Her hands rested on her hips and pointed at the father and his sons, swearing at them with her words extremely vulgar and vicious. Next to her, the teenager also looked at them scornfully. The little buns buried in Ling Jingxuan’s arms crying. Ling Wu drilled into his dad’s arms even more while Ling Wen wiped away tears and was ready to stand out to help his father, but was stopped by Ling Jingxuan.

“Just leave it to your dad.”

Ignoring the shrew’s swear and the big bun’s puzzled eyes, Ling Jingxuan stretched out his finger to kick the boy’s forehead lightly. When the line of sight turned to the woman, the warmth in his eyes disappeared instantly, replaced by coldness and anger.

The woman who was scolding him couldn’t help stunning. Her body gave a shiver: Wasn’t Ling Jingxuan lost his senses? How could a fool’s eyesight be so horrible?

“Don’t let me say it again. Get lost!”

Every word from him was like a freezing hail. How could ordinary people resist the imposing manner accumulated from a killer’s decade of career?

The woman was scared to step back a few steps, but after bumping into her son, she held out her chest and straightened her neck again and scolded, “Ha? You shameless monster, you wanna beat me? I’ll soak you in the pig basket. Where did you hook up with wild man to give birth to two little bastards? And you still have the face to live? Even I feel shameless for you. If I were you, I would have found a thick trunk to hang myself. You’ve brought disgrace to our whole village, you devil.”

Pia~pia~pia~

The shrew was completely immersed in curses and she was gifted to offensive language. Ling Jingxuan pushed the two children behind him and patted Ling Wen on the shoulder to signal him to take care of his younger brother. Then, Ling Jingxuan’s slender and thin body suddenly rushed at the woman, and he grabbed her by the collar in one hand, and slapped her heavily on the face with another hand. The woman even forgot to fight back. Her darkened cheeks looked puffy.

“Ah…Ah…”

Seeing the corners of the woman’s mouth were bleeding, Ling Jingxuan pushed her away. The woman’s face swelled up and her fingers pointed at him, trembling. She could not say anything but made noises and stared at him, full of fear.

An eye for an eye! The woman looked insufferably arrogant, but in fact, she bullied the weak and feared the strong. As long as Ling Jingxuan acted tougher than her, she would not dare to provoke them again.

“Fuck off! Don’t let me see you again, or I’ll punch your face each time you appear in front of my eyes. And you, take your mom out of my house, and if you bully my little steamed buns again, I’ll let you pay your life!”

Ling Jingxuan said coldly, walking toward the little steamed buns. Coming from the 21st century, he had no such a principle of not hitting women. He would fight back if anyone dared to bully her sons. A few slaps were a bargain to her.

“Yes, yes…”

“Whining…”

The boy looked like in his ten years old. The bravado in his face disappeared when he was confronted by Ling Jingxuan of his tough attitude. Dragging his mom who was with a swollen face, he stumbled ran out. A moment before, he really felt that the monster would kill him, too horrible!

“Wow, daddy, you are so good! You drove away the bad woman and Dawa!”

Ling Wu wiped his tears and rushed to the front of Ling Jingxuan, holding his father’s legs, jumping with excitement, and praising him. Next to him, the swollen-faced Ling Wen was much more introverted by comparison. But his gazes at Ling Jingxuan revealed a naked rendering of worship and fanaticism. People said ‘father was a mountain in the heart of the child’, at this moment, they sincerely trusted and worshiped their dad.

“My little buns, nice guys finish last. Although it’s not always right. You’re being too weak before so the other would seek trouble from you. Dad will teach you some simple self-defense skills. We must grow strong and never gave others the opportunity to bully us.”

Squatting down, Ling Jingxuan lovingly touched the big bun’s face and said seriously. He didn’t care if the two little kids understood. The principle he wanted to teach his sons was: If people attack me, I would definitely fight back! This was what he believed in his previous life, and he still did not intend to change this belief.

“Mmm!”

The two buns both nodded. Although they might not fully understand what he meant, they knew that what daddy said was right.

“Okay, I’ll go find some clothes to change. You go get the barrel. Let’s take a bath by the river.”

He tapped the two boys’ foreheads with his fingers and then stood up, looking at the small courtyard surrounded by mud and low walls. The area was quite large, but there was nothing, the only word you could think about was ‘poverty’! Utterly destitute!

“Hmm.”

The two buns turned and ran to the shabby hut next to the thatched cottage, probably a kitchen. Ling Jingxuan shook his head and decided to take a bath first, regardless of what their house was. He also wanted to find out if there were any useful anti-inflammatory herbs. The face of the big bun was swollen like that and the weather was hot, and his face would be inflamed and festering if not handled well.

On Ling Jingxuan’s first day here, he was beaten up and unconscious for several days. After waking up, he met a brutal shrew. Ling Jingxuan, a secret doctor and killer in the 21st century, was having a hard life in ancient times. The only thing to be thankful for was that he still had two lovely buns. Although he would suffer a lot raising the two buns in the future, he was satisfied at least for now.