chapter 45: Swollen Head Plague; Lending A Hand to Help (2)

On hearing it was plague, those onlookers all bounced three feet away, with their faces written with fear and disgust. Ancient medical technology lagged behind, a plague was often accompanied by deaths, up to the emperor, down to ordinary people, no one wasn’t looking scared when hearing the word plague. The weeping woman and that stout man slumped onto the ground with a loud banging sound, even the shopkeeper and his people’s faces turned pale, as if all people’s head was shrouded by a layer of clouds.

“Oh no… my son.”

A moment later, the woman sitting on the ground suddenly became wailing, and the stout man looked very sad. The crowd already lost the mood to watch the drama, and their faces were as pale as paper, for fear that they would be infected.

The shopkeeper was knowledgeable, he immediately asked Ling Jingxuan as he came to himself. Whether it was cold or plague, since the boy was sent to his place, if he really died, he also couldn’t stay out of it. The fate of Ping’an Hall was tied to the boy. Although wearing coarse linen with patches over patches, the young man seemed to be not so reliable.

“Young man, magic doctor, please save my son, please…I’m begging you…”

Seeing this, the crying woman even rolled and crawled to his feet, grabbed his legs and begged him. At this time, the doctrine like strange men and women shouldn’t have intimate physical contact was already cast behind. The only thing in the woman’s heart was saving her son.

“Magic doctor, please save my son, he’s only seven years old, he’s not grown up yet. Please! I’m begging you! I’m begging you!”

That man also knelt down in front of him, rough and black face was also filled with tears.

“Saving one life is better than building a pagoda of seven stories. Just do it if you can. Look how poor the child is.”

“Yeah, if you can diagnose the cause, you should be able to save him…”

“Dude, please save this child…”

“So pathetic, so young…”

Standing far away, the crowd started to gossip about the boy’s illness. Some really felt sorry for the boy, while some were only being sarcastic, all kinds of miscellaneous sounds interwoven together, almost all people’s eyes cast on Ling Jingxuan who had always stayed so cold.

“Daddy? What’s going on?”

Because the crowd dispersed, hand in hand, two buns easily squeezed in. After seeing the situation inside, the two buns both were looking at their own daddy with wondering eyes, and then were about to walk over.

“Don’t come here!”

Seeing that, Ling Jingxuan hurriedly stopped them. The kids had weak immunity. He did not want them to catch that kind of disease.

“Daddy?”

The two buns reflexively stopped there, and before they could ask, Ling Jingxuan patiently coaxed them, “Be good, Xiaowen, you take Xiaowu to wait outside. Daddy is ok, I will tell you the details later.”

“OK, then, daddy, hurry up, uncle is still waiting at home.”

Ling Wen obediently nodded, holding the small bun and turned to walk away. The crowd automatically made way for them. Not until they left the dangerous area did Ling Jingxuan exhale a big breath.

“Childe, please save my son. You are also a father. how can have the heart to see such a small child… Please, childe, I’ll kowtow to you…”

“Please save Xiaohu. I can do anything for you, please, magic doctor…”

The children’s parents were kowtowing to him while crying hard. Ling Jingxuan powerlessly rolled his eyes, bent down to help them up, “Stop it. If you keep crying, he would be really hopeless.”

In the beginning, since he meddled in, of course he would lend a hand, but…did any of them give him a chance to speak?

“Thank you, thank you…magic doctor…”

Hearing him, the couple postured to kowtow to him again. Ling Jingxuan was speechless, face sunk, saying coldly, “If you want him to die, keep kowtowing here!”

In the past life, more than a dozen people of his Ling family were murdered overnight. Who ever stood out to speak for them? In this life, the original owner and two buns were so innocent, but who ever spoke a word for them? What does someone else’s life or death to do with him? If it hadn’t been that the boy’s age was similar to his two little buns and he was in a hurry to buy medicine, he wouldn’t have bothered himself.

“Yes, yes, yes…”

The couple hurriedly got up, Ling Jingxuan turned to the shopkeeper and said, “Prepare a clean room. The child will live here temporarily.”

“Yes, please come with me.”

This time, even if he said that the cow was flying in the sky, no one would dare to contradict. The shopkeeper nodded hard in agreement, behind the smart waiters already went to the back of the pharmacy, and the big stout man carrying the child in his arms followed behind them. Ling Jingxuan didn’t stand on ceremony. He directly went to the desktop where the doctors received patients, picked up the brush on the table, but finally didn’t write a single word. Why? The answer is very simple, because he couldn’t use a brush. Maybe he could write with it, but it was negotiable whether others could recognize those words.