chapter 94: Ling Jingwei's Hatred (1)

Because of Ling Jingwei, the old Ling family was in a total mess now. In the main room sounded the old lady’s shrill yelling and the old man’s sound of trying to stop her. Except Ling Xiaotong who had married to the neighboring town, all members of the first son were present, even including Ling Jinghong’s kid. Due to those things having happened these days, the second son and his family were not there. Ling Jingpeng and Lady Wang directly went to Ling Jingxuan’s place. And Ling Chenglong already carried the hoe and went to the field before they came back. The only one left home was Ling Jinghan, who was lying in bed for his recuperation, even though he had gotten much better after taking the medicine Ling Jingxuan had prescribed for him.

And as for the third son, Ling Chenghu got beaten up when trying to teach Ling Jingxuan a less, and even took some goat’s urine, while his wife Lady Jiang also got a good beat, whose head was swollen like a pig head. For this matter, the first son’s wife looked careful about them, in fact, anyone smart enough could tell she was always being sarcastic in and out of her words. Now that such a big thing happened to the big son’s family, of course they’d rather stay aside and watch for fun.

Finally it was Ling Chenghua. Of course, such occasion couldn’t be without her. Don’t look that she was quite good with Lady Li. Actually, replying on that she was the only daughter of the old couple, she often badmouthed her before the old lady, trying everything she could to sow discord between their mother-in-law and daughter-in-law relationship. Fortunately Lady Li was capable enough, and her three kids also found a good spouse, otherwise her days wouldn’t be better than the other two wives. Now, finally seeing that something bad happened to the big son’s family, Ling Chenghua felt thrilled in the heart. Her marriage was not smooth, of course, she couldn’t bear other’s good one. So this didn’t include her second and third brother, but her big brother’s harmonious family was reminding her every minute that she was old and still single, no good family would marry her.

“Dad, mom, you calm down. This is not something you can solve in a day or two. What if you get ill because of this?”

Ling Chenghua said so, smiling, while considerably helping the old lady slightly guide her qi downward. Ling Chenglong and his wife, who were kneeling down there, apparently sensed what Ling Chenghua was hinting at, but could only swallow it. They still hoped that the old man could go to town to mediate as the identity of a xiucai. But they forgot, in those villages nearby, as the only xiucai, maybe old Lord Ling might be a big figure. But through those tens of villages in whole Datong town, a xiucai? Even a juren (舉人, lit. “recommended man”, a qualified graduate who passed the triennial provincial exam) wasn’t something. So a xiucai beyond reach in their eyes were like fart in those people’s eyes from the town.

“How do you want me to calm down? Jingwei, you say it, what is going on? Why do they suddenly say you were born with cold sperms? I have lived like a lifetime, this is the first time I heard that a man could also be barren! Their Zhao family is talking nonsense!”

The old lady got out of breath. If words spread out, who would marry their daughter into their Ling family? Men sterility! So humiliating!

“Give me a break!”

On the other side, the old man ruthlessly gave a stare at the old woman who kept making a fuss there, then turned his eyes to Ling Jingwei who was kneeling on the ground, “They said you were born with cold sperms. Diagnosed by a doctor?”

One had to say a xiucai is a xiucai. He still kept rational now. But…Ling Jingwei was like a blown balloon. Since he came back, he was on his knees there. Whoever asked him something, he just kept his mouth shut, like having lost his soul. The fact that he was born with cold sperms totally crushed him.

“Dad, stop pushing Jingwei. He also feels bitter in the heart.”

Seeing this, Lady Li, who had always been decent, crawled over to her son and hugged him tightly. Her well-maintained face was full of tears, and her eyes were red and swollen after she learned that Ling Jingwei was infertile.

Ling Jingxuan said right. One would only care about his/her own kids. To his kids, even though they were only kids, they still had the slightest care, but to her own son, her attitude was completely different.

“But if I don’t make clear, how am I supposed to go to town to reason with the Zhao family?”

Eyes wide open, Ling Qiyun also felt angry. Do they really think his xiucai title is all-purpose?

“Dad, Shufen (Lady Li) doesn’t mean that! She just cares about the kid. Now Zhao family wants a divorce, and even threw us out of the house. You have to hold justice for us! You can’t let them have the final say.”

Lady Li opened her mouth but couldn’t utter a word, tears pouring down. Seeing this, Ling Chengcai hurriedly stepped forward to protect them. His son couldn’t get a peaceful divorce. If the news that his son was born with cold sperms, who would dare marry their daughter to him? Besides, Jingwei had been serving in the Zhao family only when he was over ten. He had share of Zhao family’s business. If getting a peaceful divorce, they’d get nothing. So he would never agree about that.

“You shut up! Ling Jingwei, you say it, what has happened?”

Ling Qiyun got so mad at this full room of children and grandchildren, with that trembling finger pointing at Ling Jingwei. Under his reproaching, Ling Chengcai and others dare not open their mouths again, instead, all just stared at Ling Jingwei. But, however expected the way they looked at him, Ling Jingwei just made no reaction at all like a piece of wood there. Seeing the old man was at the edge of losing his temper, Lady Li who was holding him sobbed, “Son, tell your grandpa the whole story. Now only he can hold justice for you. Boohoo~”

No one knew whether she cried too bitterly or what. Suddenly Ling Jingwei moved, and his slack eyes suddenly got infected with horrible hatred. Under everyone stare, Ling Jingwei pushed his mother away slightly, then looked up at the old man, fists tightened, “It’s Ling Jingxuan! He told my father-in-law that I was born with cold sperms and could never get a woman pregnant.”

All the hate, with no reason, got passed on to Ling Jingxuan. The fear about him disappeared gradually, he even ignored the fact that Wang Er and Zeng Da who helped him kidnap the kids yesterday afternoon suddenly went mad. There’s no doubt, if Ling Jingxuan was standing before him, he’d definitely jump onto him to have a fight.

“Ling Jingxuan… What does it have anything to do with him?”

The old man frowned, apparently surprised about this answer. Although a few days ago he had just ‘appreciated’ how dreadful Ling Jingxuan’s was, how could one’s cognitive habits change so easily? In his point of view, Ling Jingxuan was still that evil person whom everyone bullied and couldn’t even survive. He should already thank the Buddha and burn incense if they didn’t go make trouble for him. How dare he take the initiative to provoke them?