chapter 68: An Eye for an Eye (2)

After all, that was his mother and younger sister. Ling Chenglong reflectively tried to move over to support them, but was pulled back. Looking back, Lady Wang was pouting behind him. Following the direction, Ling Chenglong looked over and found that Ling Jingxuan was wearing a cold face, with murderous feeling all over, which was kind of horrible. Ling Chenglong was not stupid, he was just too sincere and hated calculating. Noticing this kind of situation, the foot that had already stepped forward shrank back. If he really stepped forward, given his son's personality, maybe he would never talk to him again.

A man, who had been honest, finally gave up the filial piety and chose to protect his own small home after all his patience was worn off by his own mother.

"Hold back your tears! I Ling Jingxuan have always lived alone. I don't have any grandma! Today you broke into my house, hit my son and robbed my stuff, which is only the bandits' doing. Tell your old man after going back, if you want, we can meet at the yamen. Get lost!"

Coldly looking at those shrews who were making a scene here, Ling Jingxuan said so. The deliberately raising voice was not only saying to the four of them, but also warning those onlooking villagers he was already not the old him. If anyone didn't believe it, try it! He would definitely fight back, even if that person was his family.

"How dare you?! You whack who beat your own grandma! You'll be struck by lightning."

The old lady suddenly crawled up, swearing at Ling Jingxuan while pointing at his nose, by contrast, the other three were much more well-behaved, because they were really scared. The current Ling Jingxuan, they didn't know why, their intuition told them that if they dare going running wild, would definitely beat them again. So however reluctant they were, they dare not provoke dissension in front of Ling Jingxuan.

"Hum! If I remember correctly, five years ago you were the one who abused me everyday, saying that I ruined the reputation of the family and insisted sinking me into the pig cage in the river, right? What? A grandma could try to kill her grandson while her grandson can't even fight back? Even having no right to struggle? Besides, old woman, let me remind you for one last time. Your grandson Ling Jingxuan has already died the day you threw him out. The current I have no damn relationship with you people! So don't claim kinship here again! Even if you are afraid I may ruin your Ling family's 'noble' reputation, I am afraid that people would say I curry favor with you. So don't you ever say that I am unflial or what. About today's thing, even if that xiucai of your family or the village head come, I wouldn't take a step back. I won't believe there's no place for justice in this world!"

Snorting, Ling Jingxuan merciless distanced himself from them. Given the old lady's bitchy temperament, even if the old man passed the imperial examination, one could imagine how many people they would offend. Maybe even the whole family would have to pay the bill for her abuses. One should know there was a punishment called collective punishment. So whether it was for his own peace or for the future of the two buns, he couldn't be related to any of them.

"You, you, you... this is the good son you've educated, useless thing, did all the books you read get into the dog's stomach? Your mother nearly got beaten to death, while you were still standing there watching for fun? Do you still take me as your mother in your heart?"

The old lady got so mad, tremblingly pointing to Ling Jingxuan. For a long time, she couldn't even utter a word, her malicious eyes sweeping over Ling Chenglong and his wife aside, and finally vented her anger on them.

Ling Chenglong closed his eyes. That was his mother who he had been filial for a lifetime, until now, she was still thinking about how to oppress them, instead of asking about the wound on his forehead, she even did not care about his feelings. That was his mother. How could she ever be so cold to him?

Maybe because his heart was cold... On a hot day in June, Ling Chenglong felt cold all over, as if falling into an ice hole.

"Chenglong."

Feeling her husband's stiffness and discomfort, Lady Wang brushed off the hand of her little son and moved forward and gently held his arm. She gave him warmth and comfort without a word. She knew the pain in his heart. Having been married into Ling family for so many years. She also always takes the old lady as her own mother. But how did she treat her? Even if she is a stone she picks up on the way, she could warm it in the chest, let alone it's a person! It's not that they don't stick to filiality, but she forced them to be unfilial.

"Grandma, how can you say that to my father and mother? Have my parents been unfilial to you all these years? You have dozens of mu of land. It is my father that takes care all of it. Those miscellaneous household chores are basically done by the mother alone. As his son, my big uncle, my third uncle and their wives and my aunts, who only know to get dressed and fool around. But what about my father and mother? They always have endless work to do. Take a good look at my big uncle and look at my father. He is several years older than my father, but he looks much younger. I beg your pardon, but you are too biased."

Seeing that his father and mother still dare not resist, the young and aggressive Ling Jingpeng stepped forward to block in front of them, tiger eyes directly looking into the old lady's vicious eyes. Actually he already couldn't take it. Why do his parents have to work like an ox but be treated like this while his big uncle and third uncle do nothing every day? And his big brother! What crime has he commit to let them make a scene here again and again?

"You... I'll kill you disobedient and unfilial thing! How dare you talk back..."

The old lady got even angrier, raised her hand and tried to slap him. Ling Jingpeng did not fight back like Ling Jingxuan, but only stood there and let her beat him.

"Stop it, mom, you beat me, please...beat me..."

"Mom, please stop, I am begging you..."

Seeing that his son was being beaten, Ling Chenglong and his wife whose heart had already been dead cried and rushed up, the two of whom knelt on both sides of the old woman and begged her.

"Let go of me, I will kill this unworthy grandson today..."

Though already four generations of the family, in fact, the old lady was not that old, only about 50 or 60 years old, still strong. Being pulled by Ling Chenglong and his wife, she was still struggling to beat Ling Jingpeng. Since she couldn't use her hands, she directly threw a kick at him.

In an instant, four people got into a clinch, beating and scolding and crying sound never stopped, and Ling Jingxuan, with his hands behind the back, watched aside coldly. It was not that he didn't care about his parents and younger brother, but that he needed such a chance to let the old woman to hurt his mild father's heart, thus he could really make up his mind to divide up the family. And only in that way could his parents live a good life.