chapter 22: Butchering the Black Wolf (2)

After picking four or five big yellow pears, Ling Jingxuan thought about cutting down a branch. On the way back, he also cut down a few wild grape branches. Their yard was too empty. He could plant these first, whether they could survive or not.

“Daddy, what fruit is this? It smells good.”

After taking it happily, the small bun took a hard smell on it, the corners of the mouth showing the trace of saliva. Seeing this, the big bun quickly grabbed it, “This is our second uncle’s guiding drug. If you want to eat, we can come pick some next time.”

While saying so, the big bun rolled up the lower hem of his robes, tied a knot in the waist, then stuffed those big pears inside.

“I know, I was just asking.”

The small bun pouted, he did not say he wanted to eat them.

“Okay, we…”

Boom…Boom…

“Ow…ow…ow…”

As Ling Jingxuan was about to say time to go home, deep in the jungle was heard a terrifying banging sound, mingled with clear beast’s roaring. The father and sons were thunderstruck. Already having no heart to care about those fruit aside, the two buns grabbed Ling Jingxuan’s thighs, fear crawling onto the face, and little body trembling.

“Don’t be afraid. I will go take a look.”

Feeling their fears, Ling Jingxuan patted their heads to soothe them, then picked up the sickle he just put down again. If he guessed correctly, the sound was supposed to be from a wolf, an adult one, his heart sunk. For the first time, he sincerely hoped he guessed it wrong. It wouldn’t be a problem if he was alone, even if he was not good in physical condition, with the ability from his previous life, to avoid a wolf’s attack was not a problem, but now, he had no confidence he can save three unscathed.

“Daddy… don’t go.”

“Daddy, I’m scared…”

Two buns, one left, one right, pulling him, identical big eyes full of tears, but they both held the tears in their eyes and did not cry out. Turning back to see this scene, Ling Jingxuan felt his heart skipped a beat, he turned round to embrace them and gently said, “Don’t be afraid, daddy will protect you. You forget daddy knows martial arts?”

“But it’s a wild animal. What if… what if something happens to daddy? What should we do?”

The big bun who had already performed sensible and mature finally exposed the fear a five years old child should have, which really made Ling Jingxuan distressed. He would rather let the son scold him every day than seeing him this way.

“It’s OK. It’s OK. Don’t cry. Let’s get out of here before the wolf comes.”

Here was clearly not a good place to slowly appease them, ling jingxuan respectively kissed their cheeks, then turned around to carry the bamboo basket.

Bang…

“Oh, wah-wah… daddy… I’m scared…”

“Ah… daddy…”

But, the heaven is like playing with them. Even before he could stand up, a body stained with blood fell from the sky and rolled to their feet. The two buns could no longer take it, holding his legs, wailing. Ling Jingxuan had to put down the basket again, holding them in his arms, “Don’t be afraid, daddy is here.”

Over their shoulder, his eyes suddenly shot at the person in blood not far away. Judging from his slightly up-and-down back, he should still be alive. As for how badly he got injured, it had nothing to do with him. Other people’s life or death, he was not interested to know. From past life to this life, his temper hadn’t had the slightest change. If it was someone he did not care at all, even if he died in front of him, he wouldn’t have the slightest sympathy, because, he had seen too many deaths, heart already been numb!

“Woo… daddy… daddy…”

Buried in his neck, the two buns were almost exhausted from crying, their weak and thin bodies shaking like sifting chaff.

“Boohoo…”

Suddenly, a giant wolf with a dark body all over while the top of its head and the limbs were dotted with color white landed before them, less than five meters away. Ling Jingxuan was a bit startled, reflectively pushing the two buns behind him, grabbed the sickle lying on the ground, launching ice cold murderous look from his narrow phoenix eyes, countless years’ killing feel pouring out, but…

Bam!

Howling~

The previously mighty and strong black wolf fell to the ground suddenly. Through the gap between its tusks, the black wolf let out a painful growling. Ling Jingxuan looked at it intently and realized that it was covered with wounds all over. Soon it was all blood under its body.

“Don’t be afraid. It’s dying. I’ll go and check it.”

Hiding behind him, tightly holding his clothes, the two little buns even forgot to cry already. Ling Jingxuan clapped their hands, gently broke away from them, this time, the two buns did not stop him, it was not that they didn’t want to, but they already forgot what fear was.

Whining~

Like sensing his nearing, the dying black wolf suddenly roared, the originally dim eyes suddenly showed combativeness, sharp fangs suffused with cold light. If it were someone else, that person would have scared to death and slumped onto the ground, but Ling Jingxuan just sneered, holding his sharp sickle and jumping at it.

Howling~

Poo~

The thin sickle precisely stabbed into the black wolf’s neck, blood fiercely shot out. Ling Jingxuan was dyed with the blood instantly, not far away the two buns were frightened and tightly embraced each other. That angular face stained with blood slowly raised with a weird smile, like a real version of the killing god. Fortunately, he was holding his back to the buns, so neither of them saw it, otherwise, they must get frightened to death by him, because, at this time, he looked too horrible!