chapter 17: Feeling the Impulse, Family (1)

Ling Jinghan and Ling Jingpeng were twins, but they looked differently, so it should be fraternal twins, plus Ling Jinghan suffered from constant chronic sickness. In one year, he would spend half of it lying in bed and could barely see the sun, transparent complexion, thin, nearly out of shape, while Ling Jingpeng was very naughty since he was little, always fighting, and in recent one or two years he became a bit behaved, also often did some farm work with Ling Chenglong. He was thin, but in a good shape, and the gap of their appearances was even greater.

“Come one. Drink some water. This is the tea I boiled with houttuynia to relieve the summer heat. Drink more.”

There were no luxury things like cups at home at all. Ling Jingxuan directly used a bowl. He used the water from the Crescent Spring. Originally he thought that since the Crescent Spring since could attract fish, it would definite be good to the body, plus the herba houttuyniae, which was quite suitable for the two buns. And not it came into use in advance.

“Thank you…Ahem…big brother, it’s so good that you can become normal again. In the future with you and Jingpeng taking care of our parents, I can rest assured. Ahem…”

It was not easy to say so many words within one breath for him. The sharp cough rose again. Like his last words, which pricked Ling Jingxuan’s heart. He quickly stepped forward and handed the bowl to his mouth, Ling Jingpeng, sitting on the other side, patted on his back, although the three brothers had almost no communication, the family bond was obvious.

“Ahem…I…”

“Say no more. Drink some water and rest.”

Ling Jinghan still wanted to say something, but was interrupted by Ling Jingxuan forcibly. His seemingly gentle tone was mixed with some kind of unassailable domineering commanding. Finally the thin and weak Ling Jingxuan had the momentum as a big brother.

“Jingpeng, what disease is your second brother having after all? Did you take him to see a doctor?”

Seeing that he obediently drank some water, the cough also temporarily stopped, he helped him lie down, while asking Ling Jiangpeng. In his memory, his second brother seemed to be ill all the time, but had no specific impression about what disease it was.

“Our aunties said it is phthisis, can not be cured…”

Ling Jingpeng retracted the body, and lowering his head embarrassedly, trembling shoulders betrayed his heart of suffering and anger. Ling Jingxuan gave a light sigh, with the finger abdomen gently feeling the pulse of Ling Jinghan. It’d be good if it was really phthisis, others might not be able to cure it but he could.

“Big brother?”

Lying in bed, Jinghan whose breath was as weak as it would be gone any minute gave a strange look at his big brother’s finger on his wrist. Does big brother know about leechcraft?

Under his doubts, Ling Jingpeng and two buns also noticed the abnormal of Ling Jingxuan, but no one disturbed him, although everyone was having anxious appearance.

“Cold into the lungs, long time coughing leading into disease, but not incurable, just need some special things, you rest assured, I will cure you.”

After quite a while, Ling Jingxuan opened his eyes and said with a smile. He did not want to hear a 14-year-old boy who was still in middle school in modern times was saying every word like his last words. At his age, the only thing he should do was reading.

“Really? Big brother, you…Ahem… you, you can cure me?”

Who wants to die when there is hope to live? Ling Hinghan’s excitement can be imagined. He was only fourteen years old after all. Even if he was acting mature, he was still a young man under age.

“Big brother, can you really cure him?”

“Daddy…”

Of course Ling Jingpeng and the two little buns were all anxious. The former was his little brother. Under the condition that their parents were so busy every day, it was he who had taken care of his big brother these years, of course they had deep feelings. Although it was the first time the latter two saw their second uncle, they both liked him and felt sorry for him, and from the bottom of their hearts hoping their daddy could cure him.

“Of course it is true, how can I joke about such a thing?”

Indulgently poking the eager face of big bun, Ling Jingxuan looked at Ling Jinghan, smiling, nodded.

“Ahem… Jiangpeng, get me another bowl of water.”

Staring at him for quite a smile and finally getting a positive answer, Ling Jinghan was not so excited, struggling to sit up in bed. Ling Jingpeng hurriedly sent him the tea. After trying to take a gulp, Ling Jinghan suddenly locked his eyes on the smiling Ling Jingxuan, “Big brother, when did you learn medical skills?”

Although he had lost his shape, as if a gust of wind could blow him away, it was not bragging that he was learned. After smoothing away the initial excitement, at this time, he was just like an experienced adult, who exuded an air of shrewdness and power.

Sure enough, his foreboding was right. Ling Jinghan was worth looking forward to.

“Haven’t you heard a proverb prolonged illness makes the patient be a doctor? You think I’ve really been a fool for five years?”

It would be a lie not to be shocked by his huge transformation, but, if he couldn’t even handle a teenager, he had lived these years in vain.

“But for five years, even the kids…”

Half way of his words, Ling Jinghan suddenly remembered that the two nephews were also present. The doubts all stuck deep in the throat, but already enough to make Ling Jingxuan clearly know what he was trying to say. Then that thin but pretty face spread a confident and calm smile, “Jinghan, what is past is past, and I don’t want to talk about it anymore. Humans are strange creatures, once one firmly believes in something, one could not come out no matter what, some people would be even trapped in it for a lifetime, but sometimes, often only a small chance, boom, one could think it through. You are a smart man, you should know what I’m talking about.”

He did not want to step in the mess of the original owner, nor he was interested. Be it life principal or his medical skills, he did not intend to conceal from them, or meant to use countless lies to cover it up. He is who he is, the 21st century world famous killer / secret doctor. Things like lying, not his thing!

“Big brother…”

Ling Jinghan suddenly found that he did not seem to know about this big brother now, because of his illness, he had seen though fickleness of human nature and also tasted all the bitterness of the world. Dragging a broken body, what was he capable of even if he was talented? When his big brother got thrown out of the family five years ago, he was only nine years old and he was powerless to prevent all this. He could only study hard, dreaming that one day he could pass the imperial examination and become an official, then take his big brother home, but five years later, he was still tortured by the disease, but if it hadn’t been that he was worried about his gradually aging parents, dementia big brother, the younger brother and two starving little nephews, he would have already had no desire to live. But now, his big brother finally returned to normal, but he found that gentle and cowardly big brother had gone, this person became a total stranger to him.