Part 42

Kiki POV

"Man you ain't ready yet?" Shooter's impatient ass fussed like he ain't see me clothed with my suitcase and bag by the door

"I am Duane, drop the attitude I ain't gon be gone for more than a week."

My dad had been asking practically begging me to come visit him. I finally decided to go but that's mainly to see my sister. They may not live together because despite my dad stepping out with her mom during my parents marriage, he didn't stay with her either.  Both my dad and my sister live in California though and I already told her I'd be there. If only Kaedan came along too but unlike me the grudge he holds against our dad for splitting the family is something he isn't ready to forgive and forget.

Unknowingly to Shooter, I also haven't ended things with Denzel just yet which is another reason I'm leaving. Denzel is in California right now and I'm willing to take this opportunity to officially break up with him. It's better than ending things over text which is what I was avoiding.

"You got everything right? Don't forget nothing then trip cause I ain't remind you." It's sad to admit that's really what I be doing sometimes.

"I'm good babe, I got everything." With that he grabbed my unnecessarily heavy ass suitcase and I held my carry on bag as we left the crib. I texted Kaedan and the group chat with the girls. They all wished me a safe flight as expected. I just hoped I wasn't going to miss out too much for the week I'd be gone.

Lily POV

"Not me busy running my mouth and you over there taking selfies

"Not me busy running my mouth and you over there taking selfies."

"My bad Danny, I was paying attention though."

"Really? So what's the last thing that I said?"

"You were talking bout Kylie inviting you out with her and her cousin Skylar."

"Right like I know y'all got beef so-

"You and Kylie don't got no problems and I'm not the slightest bit worried about Skylar. If you do go out just watch your back, Kylie's a snake and Skylar just a messy bxtch."