Part 114

Lily POV

"You need auntie's help to get dressed ma?"

"No I can do it Auntie."

"That'a my big girl. Come back when you're done so I can comb your hair."

While Corie went to dress herself I went to check on the rest of the kids. I can't believe Dave left me here with four kids. I promised Corie she could spend the day with her cousins today but I completely forgot that Kairi is here for the weekend. Dave claimed he had something urgent to deal with literally up and left me in the house. I'm beyond pissed but I'm refraining from calling him because lord knows my rage gon scare the kids.

*Incoming Call from Kiki*

Wassup bae

Chilling, is East home?

Nah, why wassup?

Word on the street is Safi man just got shot. He dead Lily

Oh

Yeah Oh. I know that feeling but its strange. I feel numb

I don't blame you Keisha. No one would

Nah not because of what she did. I'm just numb since Shooter died like I literally can't bring myself to care or react to shit like I used to. I couldn't care less and its crazy because I thought I'f be rejoicing but I ain't. I'm just not satisfied. Shooter still ain't here. Brianna still not gon see her daddy again. Hell she might not even remember him

I'm so sorry Kiki. You don't deserve this

I know but life isn't fair.

You right

Look imma holla at you later ma

Aight

*Call Ended*

At least now I know what prompted Dave to leave in such a hurry. He could've said something, anything instead of just running off and leaving me home with four kids and three dogs. Hopefully he will be home soon and more importantly if what Kiki said is true then maybe we can finally put the street shit to rest again but for good this time.

"Who wants noodles?" I called out getting the unison answer I was expecting.

"Kairi you wanna help me in the kitchen baby?"

"Yes and I want shrimp too Lily!" Well excuse me, little girl.

I went upstairs to check on Corie first. She was busy drawing. I would have left her to it if I didn't mind the hassle of combing her thick hair while it was dry. Using my Mielle products, I conditioned her hair and oiled her scalp before giving her two long braids. When I was done she ran downstairs while I washed my hands before retuning to the kitchen. To begin cooking.