Part 131

Lily POV

I've been so emotional this morning, I just know my makeup artist is tired of retouching my face by now

I've been so emotional this morning, I just know my makeup artist is tired of retouching my face by now. Weddings always brought on my emotional side. I remember crying like a baby for Arlena's wedding. I was so happy that my twin was getting the happy ending she always dreamt of. It was the same way for Danny's own as well. Seeing my friend get the beautiful wedding that she deserved, getting married to the man who treated her with respect and adoration throughout their relationship and my gorgeous girls being right there with their Aunt Danny on her special day. Everything just turned out perfect. It's finally my turn and it just feels surreal right now. It's like reality is just hitting me. I don't have cold feet but I am definitely nervous and also in disbelief. This day has actually arrived.

As a child I use to always dream about my wedding day. I was apart pf my parents wedding and I remember it just being something that I wanted because my mom and dad looked incredibly happy and my mom was extra pretty that day in her long white dress and I wanted that too one day.

As a teenager I wanted it for my fairytale ending. Watching barbie and romance movies, it was always the end goal to find your partner, get married and live happily ever after in love.

As a young adult that started to seem more and more like a fairytale given my taste in men. Falling in love for all the wrong type of guys and hood niggas that couldn't even see their life outside of the hood.

Now as I stand before the mirror basking in my beauty, I'm lost for words that it took David Brewster to get me here. I am so ready to be his Mrs.

"Lily you got to quit with the crying seriously. You're pissing me off and I'm not the one fixing ya damn makeup chile." Of course Arlena would be the one to speak to me that way and not give a fuck. It's always your sisters.

"And it's too many people in here too like damn, what happened to the element of surprise if all of y'all done seen the bride." My mom fussed this time. She started chasing my friends away. It really wasn't that many of them. Danny, Kiki and my sisters were the ones in here with me plus four of my cousins, the makeup artist and hairstylist.

"Aight we'll head on to the church Aunty Dee. Lily we gon see you later cuz." Cousin Trina said as she left with my cousins.

"You look gorgeous baby, I'll see you soon." Danny called out dragging Daysha with her. They were only going to the next room though because they were apart of my bridal party. My bridesmaids were Danny, Daysha, Reginae and Shar while Arlena and Kiki were my two maids of honor. They all looked gorgeous in their lilac dresses but no one topped my babies. Reina was my mini-bride while Kairi, my niece Corie and my godbaby Brianna were my beautiful flower girls in their ivory and purple colored dresses. Reina's dress was white and very similar to mine though.

"Your whip just pulled up so I hope you're ready." My mom announced making my palms get even sweaty. Dave rented a Rolls Royce limousine for us and by us I mean me and my bridal party. He and the guys including Dimitri have their own means of transportation. Luckily they're all already at the church including my dad who will be walking me down the aisle. Chris, Bully and Kaedan were our only groomsmen though so they'll each be walking down the aisle with a bridesmaid of either side of them. Our son Dimitri will be the ring-bearer. Dave already sent me a few photos of him and my little handsome boy looking dashing in his suit.