Part 105

Lily POV

Everything is perfect as I wanted

Everything is perfect as I wanted. Reina face lit up with such joy when she saw the decorations. Her reaction almost made me emotional for the second time today. I can't believe it's my one year anniversary of being a mom. My baby girl is really celebrating her first birthday today and I can't begin to explain the butterflies in my stomach. She has been clinging onto her dad all afternoon while I cater to her little brother.

A month ago I gave birth to our son Dimitri Brewster. It's safe to say I am done with having kids. I swear to God that boy broke my vagina. Being a mother of two is definitely going to take some adjusting to. I feel more of a woman now than I ever have, it's crazy. Like I really birthed two little humans.

"Well damn your snapback game crazy asf." Karla said coming to side hug me since I had Dimitri in my arms. This is the first I've seen her in a while because I've been super busy with the kids and she has been working hard on her clothing brand. She is right about my snapback though. I'm basically back to my regular size for the most part. I still have a very small pouch but other than that I've lost all of my pregnancy weight.

We're having a very small party for Reina with just some kids from both side of our family like Dave's little cousins, Corie, our friends and some of my family from Harlem and the Bronx. We didn't want to throw a big part for just her first birthday especially since she kind of still a baby so what can she really do. Reina is most likely going to fall asleep halfway through this party anyway.

"Mamas you ready to eat?" Dave asked as he approached me.

"I'm not starving but I can eat something."

"C'mon I'll take little man off ya hands. Reina with the kids and your granny watching her."

"Alright thanks baby."

"Ain't shit."

Dave and I have been real good. I love the way this man loves me. He treats me like I'm the most important person in his life, after his kids of course. I don't have to ask him for anything. Anything that's needed in the house he gets it done without me mentioning it most times. If you asked me three years ago that I would be in this position I would've laughed my ass off. I am most definitely in love with David and it's a love so pure and so random. I legit didn't see this coming. I have never felt like this about a man before. Sure we have arguments and we don't always agree, I won't lie and say that our relationship is perfect. I wouldn't dare, after all we were both shot and in the hospital at some point, had arguments over his street life but when it's all said and done, we never stay mad for too long. I'm grateful that he has finally found a way to pull himself away from the street life. Maybe not entirely, which isn't much of a surprise but at least I don't have to worry about him being at the trap, getting pulled over by the wrong cop or stay up late at night wondering if he's late because he is busy 'handling business' or the worst case scenario. He has been pretty lowkey since he got out of the coma like three months ago and part of the reason is because he has been a stay at home dad. I mean Dave has been spending most of his time home with us and yes, Kairi still comes over so the man is pretty happy and content but he isn't someone who likes to be idle or in the house for too long so I know he's going to find something new to keep him busy real soon.