Part 109

Lily POV

"You ready to eat mamas?"

"When you say eat, we talking food or we talking you?"

"Girl bring yo nasty ass here."
Dave has been getting back on his feet and even made the time to plan a baecation for us. Giving him space was proving to do more harm than good so I'm glad I set him straight when I did. As his partner it's my job to pull him up when he on bullshxt anyways.

This weekend's getaway is just for us. It's our first baecation in a while though so I think it will do us good. These past few weeks have been a rollercoaster ride but things have finally started to settle down. Truthfully, I miss my babies already but a weekend with Dave's parents is gonna do them good. Their grandparents love them so much.  My granny can't even watch the kids like she used to and understandably so. After all, we aren't the only ones aging. I was twenty two when I met Dave. Now I'm 27 going on 28 with two kids. My granny is not the same strong woman she used to be. She's getting old like the rest of us kinda. I have offered to hire a caretaker but the woman swears she doesn't want a stranger in her crib. Yet, when my parents asked her to come live with then she declined still refusing to leave her home in Harlem being just as stubborn about it as she was years ago. We really have to figure out something because between myself and Christian, we're the closest family she got back home. Mainly me because since Chris is doing his thing with music he is hardly in New York longer than a few days lately. He's been blowing up and always out and about, traveling through states for different shows, tours, interviews you name it. The main reason I wasn't as busy traveling abroad is because I was focused on filming the tv series Star which ended less than a year ago. All the filming was done in New York with the exception of very few episodes. I could probably count the number of times I had to travel for a shoot on the show. I recently joined the cast of a popular show that's been playing for three years now. Unfortunately this show is being done in Los Angeles which means I'm going to be away from my kids. I was literally stuck between taking the job and leaving it alone for the sake of my kids because I can't imagine being away from them like that. Dave was really supportive as usual though and encouraged me to use the opportunity wisely. After all it will be a boost on my career as an actress. I'm leaving New York next week for LA for that very reason. I trust Dave with our kids but I still hope he can manage all three kids just fine without me. After all Kairi is apart of our family. She still lives with her mom but she spends a fair amount of time by us during the course of the week. Millie got a whole new boo so her ass been humbled and silenced since. I ain't have much of a quarrel with her since before Dave got shot and let me just say it is such a peaceful ass feeling to be cordial with your mans babymama. We're too grown for petty beef and drama especially where kids are involved. If she ever come at me I'll definitely ignore the bs because I'm all about making money and caring for my children so I don't have the time nor interest to be entertaining Millie like I used to. Don't get it twisted if I have to I can still beat her ass if she play me but that's a last resort if she ever come at me mad crazy.