Part 108

Lily POV

"Hey Lily, it's been a minute girl

"Hey Lily, it's been a minute girl. How have you been?"

"I've been okay boo, yunno holding in there. I ain't heard from you in a minute. Haven't seen you since before-

"Yeah I know things have been kinda hectic. Kaedan and I broke up and I just pushed myself to focus on work because if I didn't I'd probably cry everyday or summ." She laughed lightly but I felt bad. I know Karla really loved Kaedan and vice versa. I'm disappointed they broke up but not all good things work out in the end.
"I'm sorry I missed the funeral by the way. I told Kiki I had a family emergency in Jersey." That's right she was the only one absent for Duane's funeral. I'm really still in shock about the entire thing. This just seems surreal to me. I can't believe Shooter is dead. It's been a full month already, I watched him go 6ft under and yet once or twice I came close to asking Kiki about him. Keisha took the loss so hard. I never saw my bestfriend hurt like that and it's something I never want to see again. The house had too many memories so she has been staying by her mom with their daughter Brianna. That's the worst thing about the situation. Having to raise a child without her father. It truly is one of my biggest fears. I know she's still in serious pain over Shooter's sudden death and so is Dave. I've been trying so hard to be patient but like Kiki, since Shooter died he just closed off. Losing his best friend who came up with him from the dirt is something unimaginable. Everyone knows what the deal was with these two. When you saw East, you saw Shooter and yunno how they got done. They were two of a kind. A dynamic duo and now that's just gone. Shooter is just gone. Dave has barely uttered many words since. The burden of taking care of the kids had been heavier because when he is home, he mostly stays in the room smoking or just starring off not saying much. One time I had to force him to eat. I'm really trying not to be too hard on him and give him some time to grieve alone for a bit since that seems to be what he wants but I can't let him completely shut us out. He is still a father of three and I need him as much as his kids do. I was even a bit skeptical in leaving them home with him today. Business had to be done though and I wasn't about to just drop them off by one of their grandparents. I had a photoshoot to get to for my new sunglasses line that's coming out next month, plus since Daysha is in New York she wanted me to accompany her to a shoot she was working on for promo. I figured why not since being in the house has been a bit stifling lately.
"This man doing a little too much I swear but he funny though." Daysha came laughing at the man who kept flirting with her since we walked in.

" Daysha came laughing at the man who kept flirting with her since we walked in

"Let him know you got a boo."
"Oh he knows and said he doesn't care, I said 'oop-well I do sir' and left him right there." She said with a chuckle. "So we stopping for some snacks for my niece and nephew because Reina said something about no gunmybears at home" She asked as we walked towards my car. Reina ass is beyond spoilt and I'm pretty certain there were gunmybears when I left the crib so Dave probably gave her the rest. I'm not giving her the bad habit of eating junk food like that just yet so she gonna have to do without it.
After dropping Daysha off at her hotel I drove to Kiki's moms crib in Harlem.
"Keisha Jilly Weekes girl why you stank like that? C'mon I know you not cooped up here and not showering chile."
"I hate you I swear." I heard her mumble.
"WHAT WAS SAID?"
"Nothing, watch Brianna while I take a shower."
"You sure you ain't need me to bathe you since you clearly couldn't do it before I came."
"Whatever Aaliyah." She laughed lightly. Her mom only shook her head at us. I picked up my Godbaby off the floor and handed her the new toy I bought on my way here. She is such a beautiful baby. Literally took most, if not all of Kiki's features. I just feel do bad that she has to be one of those girls that grow up without a dad to protect her, love her and shoe her how a woman should be treated. Shooter was so good with Brianna. He really loved being a dad. Brianna and Keisha were his world. I'm at least happy that he experienced happiness in this lifetime because of them. His memories will definitely live on. After spending some time with bestfriend and making sure she was doing okay I went home.

Dave POV

"Now why y'all still up? Kairi c'mon baby you know better. Where your daddy?" I heard Lily come through the front door.

"Look he on the chair." Reina said.

"Alright Kai Kai go on upstairs, I'll be there in a few. Take your brother and sister with you please."

"Okay Lily." I heard their little footsteps leave downstairs and once Lily was in the clear, she walked over to me. Snatching the remote right out my hands she switched off the tv. I knew some shit was bout to pop off with how aggressive she did that. She could've at least waited for the kids to fall asleep.
"Dave I ain't with this. You need to get yo shit together." She started.
"What this about now?"
"Fuck you mean? Nigga have you seen you lately? David I know you're hurting but baby sitting on your ass, ignoring the world—your responsibilities, your kids, your family-
"You see me ignoring my kids Aaliyah?"
"David be fucking for real right now. You sure as hell ain't giving then the attention they're used to. Kids feel shifts in energy. They know you ain't yourself. I know you're grieving but life doesn't have a pause button. You can't put everything in hold because you're going through a tough time. They don't last, you need to get up off your ass and do something about it." I was irritated asl right now no lie. I hate when she get on my ass like this but no cap though, at the same time I hear her loud and clear. I know she spitting facts and Lily only looking out for me. That's all mamas ever wants, to make sure I'm good. My head all fuck'd up from Shooter dying that I've been locked up in the crib ever since. Who would blame me though? That was my main nigga. We raised up together and did alot of crime together but we made mad money doing it too. Nigga was in a good space, started a family and he was running shit his way. Then outta the blue, he just lose his life just like that? Shit ain't right man. I even blamed myself for leaving him to handle this life on his own. I thought to myself, maybe I should've never left the street life. Had I been there, my dawg could've still been alive. Keisha would still have her man and Brianna would have her dad. This whole situation messed me up bad. I couldn't even attend the damn memorial, at least not inside the church. I stayed outside the whole time but we made sure it was one hell of a fly ass send off. He deserved it. Nobody gon forget the name Kiing Shooter, imma make sure of it. My nigga gon live on, best believe that.
"You right mamas."
"I'm not trying to pressure you too much but you need to make a move. Do something to get back out there Dave. You have money to make and I need you here not just physically. I can't raise these kids on my own and still be out there trying to make money. This shit is hard and I miss Shooter too. I can't tell you how bad it feels to know he ain't around no more and how hard it is to watch the people I love in pain." Now she started crying and the fuck'd up thing is now she got me crying. I ain't even no emotional ass nigga but when Shooter died man. When I got to the hospital and they told me my homie ain't make it, I cried hard. I ain't cried since that night and maybe that's part of the problem. I got too much bottled up inside still.
"I'm sorry babe, imma make it right aight?"
"I need you Dave."
"You got it mamas."