Part 120

Lily POV

"Well don't you look good Chef East

"Well don't you look good Chef East." I teased him.
"Damn bro don't burn the damn chicken, why they looking so dark?"
"Man gon head with that Danny unless you wanna do it?" He retorted.
"No thank you." She said quickly.
"Yeah that's what I thought, can't cook for shit having ass." He laughed at his sister.

It has been a while since we had one of these little barbecues but I'm glad Dave decided on it. Some of our family from New York is here plus of course we invited our friends. Keisha is sitting over by the pool with Brianna. Chris brought Corie over but Lori wasn't up for coming. She hasn't been out much since Safi died so I get it. My kids are busy running all over the place with their cousins while most adults ate drinking and snacking on finger foods which Kiki was kind enough to provide.
"It's crazy how much things have changed over the years. Everything was so different. It was a simpler time back then, when you weren't a mom, East didn't get shot, Safi was alive and kicking, Shooter was wilding out as usual even Loco snake ass was around. We didn't have much to worry about. We were just living life hopping from club to club, having sleepovers, trolling on the net and what not. Now everyone hot their own lives to live. You and Dave did good though, got a big crib, couple whips and two beautiful kids in a gated community. Your brother a whole rapper now, Lori is an entrepreneur, Danny doing her thing with modeling and rapping, like y'all really grew up. Everyone elevated."
"I mean that should have been expected. It would really suck if we all stayed in the same position after all these years. Success and happiness was always the goal. I just hate that we have to do it without some of the ones we loved." I said thinking about Kiki having to go through life without Shooter and Lori living without her sister. Life can be so hard, I just hope death is easy.

As the day came to and end, the backyard was a bit of mess. One that I vowed not to try to clean up because I am beyond warn out. The vibes were great and it was really good being around loved ones especially those we haven't seen in a minute. I'm just cleaning the kitchen while Dave is upstairs getting the kids ready for bed. The man is so good with them, it almost makes me want to give him another one but I never really saw myself having more than two kids. Besides, we just got back together more babies is the very last thing that should be on my mind. I want us to be so much better than that place we came from. I want our relationship to be just like parents, that's the kind of love I always wanted. Dave may not be perfect, hell neither am I but I damn sure knows he loves being a dad to our kids and he really and truly loves me. We both made some mistakes during the course of our relationship but we never stopped loving each other and honestly I can't see my life without him. Dave has really become a constant in my life and I plan to keep that way not just for myself but for our kids.

"You good mamas?" I turned to see him coming down the stairs.
"Yeah I'm good, they asleep?"
"Reina knocked out as soon as her head hit the pillow. Dimitri bad ass was being difficult not wanting to bathe before bed but he tucked in now."
"My mom called earlier said she'll be in the city tomorrow so I guess she'll pass by to see them."
"You should get some rest don't you got an early flight ma?"
"Nah Danny changed our flights to 2pm."
"Bout to be a busy week for you." He ain't lie.
*
*