Part 66

Lily POV

"Whenever y'all ready sisters

"Whenever y'all ready sisters." Arlena said wiggling the keys to her rental in hand.

Tonight we were attending a family function in Brooklyn. Our cousin was having an all white engagement party.
Yesterday we all did last minute shopping because who really has outfits for these occasions just sitting at home? Lori did a damn good job with my braids and that's all I needed to look bomb. It was a cool drive to Brooklyn signing to random songs that played in the car. When we pulled up to the venue there weren't many vehicles thankfully.
"Hold up snap my pic real quick Lily." Dae handed me her phone and I did just that. She looked mad good too and grown.

"Aww look at my girls—well young ladies now

"Aww look at my girls—well young ladies now. Daysha you're so grown. Y'all look beautiful." One of our aunts gushed as soon as we walked through the door. Arlena and I haven't seen her in a few years because she was locked up so you can only imagine how much longer since Daysha has seen her. She hasn't ages a day which is shocking but amazing. She looks like she's doing well.

We made our presence known as we walked further inside and greeted everyone kindly exchanging a few hugs here and there. We greeted the couple of the hour of course and engaged in a little chit chat before we really started mingling with everyone else.

As the night progressed I had lost count of the number of champagne glasses I had. Thank the lord Arlena is the designated driver. From tomorrow I'm beginning my classes to get my license. It's long overdue everyone knows that. I never made it a big deal especially since Chris already taught me how to drive a long time ago. Procrastination was the only reason I never got my license until I eventually kind of lost interest since I had no real use for it. Now that I'm done with school though and back in New York for good I definitely need it. I may not have a car but I could get access to one from time to time or maybe I'll do like twin and rent one.

By the time the night was over I was tipsy asl but my stomach was full so I was pretty satisfied. The alcohol had an effect on me more than I wanted to admit though. I don't ever want to be that friend but I was ready to be up under my man already. I was craving Dave's touch—his presence, heavy on the everything because my heartbeat in my lower region was going crazy. Ya girl was horny which makes no damn sense to me. The alcohol definitely boosted my confidence though because I started sending Dave some risky texts and his quick responses was only making me more eager to see him. I didn't want to leave my sisters just like that so I asked him to pick me up after I got home.