Part 110

Lily POV

"I have to say these are small mercies, it's only the first week but it was hectic one and I an grateful we were able to get through

"I have to say these are small mercies, it's only the first week but it was hectic one and I an grateful we were able to get through. Also I wanted to formally introduce Aaliyah Fenty to the team since not all of you would've met her this week." The producer spoke up as most eyes at the dinner table now fell all me. I nodded kindly not wanting to really say anything but still thankful for the unnecessary introduction. Tonight, I was here for the food. I have been dying to eat here but every-time I come to LA something prevents me except tonight.
"You don't like attention?"
"Not particularly no, don't get me wrong I know it comes with the job but being the center of attention makes me uncomfortable."
"I know what you mean but for what it's worth, I think you handle the attention pretty well. I've seen you on social media quite a bit, between the interviews and the way you carry yourself you seem to have it under control."
"Well I was introduced to the spotlight early enough thanks to my parents but I can't lie my social media image wasn't always this good. I'm a private person but I'm not one to hold my tongue when someone comes at me the wrong way so I definitely got myself into drama in the past but you grow and mature. I've learned to ignore the negativity and just focus on the positive that is mainly my supporters and fans. As for the interviews you just kind of get accustom to it eventually. No matter how good you are, there is always going to be a blog or two who finds a reason to hate on you. All you gotta do is focus on you and keep pushing, stay making money moves."
"Words from the wise huh?" Jerome chuckled. He is one of the cast members that's been apart of the show from day one but he hasn't been acting for that long. Still, he is really talented. The entire cast is. Being here with them isn't bad at all. In fact California is a pretty decent place, expensive as shit but other than that I don't really have complains. Then again, Beverly hills is the better part of California. I promised Daysha I would link up with her again soon so that's probably how my weekend will be spent. A weekend by my parents in LA is always comforting especially when I'm missing my kids. I facetime there almost every day but ti really ain't the same as being back home in New York with them. Dave wouldn't admit it but I know he has his hands full despite managing quite fine. After all, the kids are generally better behaved when with their dad. I'm just ready to hold them in my arms.
*
*
"Like seriously, sometimes it just hits me like we grown grown Lily. We aren't the same 23year and 21year olds we were from back at college. We elevated baby and it is evident. Not even our friendships are the same. You and your girls used to be real close now look at y'all."

"Nah I'm still good with all my girls, we locked in for life no doubt but it's like you said everybody growing up. Danny living in Atlanta now, since Karla and Kaedan broke up she has buried herself in her work, Safi moved to redneck town Texas with her new man that spoiling tf outta her, Lori is always busy either at her shop or on the road with her rapper mans or home with Corie. Everybody got shit going on for themselves that's all. You and Shar still as tight as panty and bra despite her being a whole mom now because you're literally always traveling to Florida."