Part 18

Dave POV

Finally got my baby on a flight we bout to give my folks the surprise of a lifetime

Finally got my baby on a flight we bout to give my folks the surprise of a lifetime. Been a minute since I seen the fam. It ain't that long since I got released so a nigga steady trynna get back on his feet. I been on my grind though and if you asked me I been doing damn good. Business is booming, I'm back with my babymoms, I got my babygirl on a plane with me and shit. A nigga can't complain. Not long now until we land and I plan on staying at my folks cribs. Ain't no way a nigga gon come to Florida and stay at a hotel when my parents got a house with enough room for a nigga. Kairi been excited the moment we got on the plane mainly to see the sky up close. That always gets her hyped so I always try to get a seat by the window when I travel with her. I'd do anything for that little girl and this ain't nothing.
---------------------------------

"Where you coming from?""My business I'm still lowkey mad at you for yesterday

"My business I'm still lowkey mad at you for yesterday. Man you sneaky as hell for doing that for real."
"What you mean I can't surprise my fam now?" I said chuckling.
"Could've given me a goddam heart attack bro"
"Missed you too"
"Yeah I know you did" she cheesed.

When Kairi and I got to my folks home my mom literally screamed when she opened the door. It was funny asf but I kinda felt bad for scaring her like that afterwards. Maybe I should've told at least one person I was coming. My Paps came down in a rush with a damn bat in his hand like one of em white folks in em movies shit just had me cracking up even more. Kairi was super happy to be home with her grandparents and even more so when her Aunt walked through the door. My sister nearly lost her shit when she seen us.

Daniel Brewster aka Danny but I call her Dee sometimes. She my one and only sister, hell she my only sibling so you already know I don't play bout her. Anybody can get it when they messing with my sis. I'm real protective of her because for one she a female, so naturally imma feel the need to look out for her. Danny was born in Harlem like me but when she was still in highschool my parents moved to Florida to live because my mom got a job opportunity down here. I was at college at the time on a basketball scholarship and once I got kicked out, I went back to Harlem. That's where home at for me anyways.

My sister and I bout eight years apart but that don't mean shit to us we close asf. When we lived in Harlem she was always trynna follow a nigga around, be all up in the hood like she one of the guys. With us living in two different states we talk often as we can and anytime she got a problem she hit me up. That's one thing I always told her to do, imma make sure my sis straight always so I'm open to her hitting me up for whatever. Once I started making money I started sending her cash every month or two. According to my mom I spoilt Danny rotten because anything she ask for she gets. Sometimes my folks gon tell her no so she come running to me knowing damn well I gon always tell her yes. It's a bad habbit I gave her but I won't change it for shit. It is what it is. I rather her ask me for shit than another nigga. I don't ever want my sis feeling like she gotta rat from a nigga palm. That shit don't sit right with me at all and I taught her to get everything she want on her own so nobody can ever try to discredit her for shit.