Part 89

Lily POV

Dave and I just arrived to our baby shower and I am definitely amazed by the scenery

Dave and I just arrived to our baby shower and I am definitely amazed by the scenery. By the look on Dave's face, he was as impressed as I was by my mother's ability to organize this in such a short space of time.

I already noticed so many of my friends and family here including those I haven't seen in a while like Reginae, Shar, Izzy and Rihanna. I'm so happy they made it. I needed all my loves ones here to celebrate with me. Hopefully today goes as perfect as I envisioned it.

People started coming to congratulate us and we took so many photos. I can't believe Danny tried to convince to wear wedge heels. Thank God I listened to my intuition and put on sandals to match my pink ruffle dress. Everyone seems to have stuck to the White/ivory color code leaving Dave and I the only ones in pink.

The food looked exquisite, no doubt Kiki had a hand to play in that. The Dj was cool starting off with Toosii and some other love songs. The guests looked stunning both men and women were dressed to kill while keeping it classy of course.

"Look at my fine ass babymama." Nae came in all smiles with Izzy and Shar closely behind her.

"I wanna look this good when I start to show too." Shar said shocking me to my core.

"Sake sike right now Shar."

"Oh she ain't playing. Both my fav girls making me an aunty this year!" Nae squealed all excited.

"Omgg congratss friend! Cheers to unplanned pregnancies." I teased raising my glass of apple juice. We talked for a while and Dave was busy entertaining his family members across the room. His parents were just walking in with a stunning looking Kairi. My mom spotted them and inmediately dragged my father over to them. Our parents relationship is one thing that I am definitely grateful for. I have seen and heard of the drama that goes on between families when the in laws don't get along. Thankfully, Dave and I don't have that problem. In fact all his family members that I have met so far seem pretty cool and we get along well enough especially his cousins that are my age, Jazzy included. The last time she was in New York, she was interested in getting to know the girl who stole her cousin's heart or so she put it. All it took was one lunch date with her and Danny. The next thing I knew she was texting me and sending me random tiktoks. We ain't besties obviously and it was a little weird at first knowing that she had a history with my best friend current boyfriend but somehow we became friends. I actually met her in the parking lot when Dave and I just arrived. This is the best I've looked since I blew up like a fish. Eight months pregnant and Karla found a way to make me feel as beautiful as I did before a human began growing inside of me. She designed and sewed my dress for today and let me say it is one of a kind. I love every bit of it and it boosted my confidence in my friend's goal in someday creating her own fashion brand. See, all my friends got potential. In fact, Lori is supposed to be launching her business as soon as next week which I definitely won't miss out on unless this baby decides to misbehave of course.