Part 86

Lily POV

It's unbelievable how I went almost two full trimesters without my stomach showing

It's unbelievable how I went almost two full trimesters without my stomach showing. Then all of a sudden, as the sixth month swings by my stomach just swells up. The bigger it gets the more terrified I feel. It's like reality is now really setting in. I'm about to be a mother to a little human. I'm not ready and nowhere closer to accepting the facts no matter how hard I try. My mom said these are natural feelings and I sure hope it's a one time thing because I still look forward to having a son in the future, hopefully by Dave. I have so many fears, like Millie turning out to be right and Dave leaving me when it's all said and done. Of course I believe that he would never do me that but he did it to Millie after all. Two completely different circumstances I try to remind myself but that fear of being a single mother creeps in every now and then. The only thing that really helps is when I take nice bubble baths with my soothing playlist in the background. I'm actually home alone for the while since Dave decided to hit the club to celebrate Bully's birthday. As much as I desire my man's company on a regular basis, I refuse to be that woman who demands that he stays home with me damn near 24/7. I won't make an issue of Dave going out just because I'm stuck home with a swollen stomach. Besides, it's only for a couple of hours and I trust him. Me being pregnant won't make him suddenly find interest in random women at the club.

I drained the tub then hopped in the shower, washing off the bubble water. Once done with my night routine where my hygiene is concerned, I went into Dave's room. The plan was to watch tv until I fell asleep instead.

Checking the time when I got up I realized it had been a little over 20minutes so it was a short nap. Embarrassingly enough I was still naked and wrapped in my towel. Throwing on one of Dave's t-shirts and boxers I, I grabbed my phone and headed for the kitchen to find dinner until I got a strange feeling. Getting the sense that something is wrong, I dialed Dave's phone as my paranoia kicked in. In a club filled with loud music and people, he still answered on the second ring. My granny instilled in me that everything happens for a reason so as I got that strange sensation, I just needed to double-check that was doing fine. It was a short call but he assured me he'd be on his way soon. I made a cup of leaf tea along with biscuit and tunafish for dinner. After tiredly flipping through channel after channel on the tv I went back to the bedroom. A FaceTime with my older brother was a surprise for the night but I appreciated it all the same. We caught up a bit, made jokes and by the time we got off the call 40minutes had gone by. I was about to get into bed when I remembered the kitchen light being left on. Tonight was full of surprises because as soon as I got to the corridor, there were two men looking around the house. One spotted me immediately and opened fire. I was screaming and running for my life. I grabbed the gun Dave kept hidden between his couch in the living room and started shooting back thankful I know how to work the damn thing. This is beyond insane. I was in the middle of a fucking shootout, pregnant and alone against two armed men in my boyfriend's house. I made it outside but that's when my dumbass realized that I didn't have time to snatch the keys to my whip so I just ran across the road to his neighbor while still being shot at. I hissed at the burning sensation on my arm knowing full well that I had been hit but lord knows if I was brave enough to look at the injury I would probably have a panic attack. I ran all the way to their back yard and started banging on the door like a crazy woman until someone opened for the bloodied pregnant lady.

Dave POV

"WHERE TF WERE YOU EAST HUH!?" Chris was livid and rightfully so. Shit, so was I. My mind was racing as we sat in the waiting room of the hospital.
"Yow calm down Fenty." Bully held him back.
"What happened? Where is she?" Keisha came rushing in dressed in what looked like her pajamas. I guess Shooter finally got ahold of her.
The night was going great. It was just vibes and I was just leaving the club when I got a call from my neighbor telling me my house had been shot up. I felt like my world came crashing and I hadn't even gotten the full story yet. I just knew that my pregnant girlfriend was home alone. That shit been eating me up since I got word. We've been waiting here for damn near an hour and still ain't no updates on how she doing.

Another full hour went by and Doc finally came out. "Well the good news is that Aaliyah will be fine, she is stable. Her vitals are fine, her baby is fine and she will make a full recovery. Unfortunately she sustained a bullet wound to her left arm but we already attended to the wound and the good news is that the bullet went right through so no serious damage was done. You have nothing to worry about."
"Can we see her?" Chris asked instantly.
"Yes but we just gave her sedative so it won't be long until it takes effect."
"Alright and how long she gon be here for?" Kiki asked next.
"We'll just keep her here for a few days just to monitor the baby and Ms.Fenty's recovery. If all signs are good she should be released within the next two to three days. For now, I would advice only two persons visit her until the sedative leaves her system, then you will be able to return during visiting hours."
"Aight thanks Doc, who else going in there?" Chris asked letting it be known he was gon see her.
"You can go in East, let her know I'll see her soon." Kiki told me with a soft smile. I just nodded and went in with Chris leaving the rest in the waiting area.
*
*
"You can't beat yourself up bout this shit man." Shooter was trynna convince me but I feel guilty asf. If I was home, at least she wouldn't have gotten hurt. I would lose my life before I let Aaliyah or our kid get hurt. I feel all types of fucc'd up right now and straight responsible for this.
"Mann I'm tired of all this for real. I been tired of this street shit. As a yungin it was all bout the money but right now you know everything different. A nigga bank account fat asf cuh. I got a baby on the way and a shawty that holding it down, I ain't gon stay in this shit for much longer and risk allat. That's the whole point of all my investments and businesses. This the way out."
"You been saying that for real so what you gon do. What's the plan?"
"Shit hot right now, I can't just up and say I'm out. We gotta settle this beef once for all. End that shit even if it means taking out the head. Fucc it I'll take out the whole gang if it means I ain't gotta worry bout anything later down the line. Plus I gotta make sure I get this shit sorted out with Loco. I ain't leaving my nigga in there to rot fasho. His lawyer say it's looking like it will work out in their favor sumn bout lack of evidence so it's just a waiting game at this point."
"We gon get em nigga that attacked Lily without a doubt man. You know she like a sis to me and I ain't letting it go down like that. Them niggas got another thing coming."
"You ain't gotta tell me twice. They gon get what's coming for em even if it take my last breath to do it and after that, when it's all settled I'm handing the reigns down to you my nigga."
"Shitten me cuh?"
"As my right hand, who tf else would I leave this shit to Shooter? You shouldn't even be surprised dawg."
"Man you know I'm down. I ain't gon disappoint either."
"I know that much, that's why you the right one for the job."
"So what's the plan now East?"
"Give em hell."