Part 59

Lily POV

"Nah you almost done c'mon Kairi."

"My belly full."

"It can take one more spoon I bet because two seconds ago you wanted em gummy bears." Think she slick talking bout her stomach full. Kids ain't nothing but little tricksters but I ain't mad at em though we all had our time to shine and between Arlena and I, I was the menace.

"Y'all done ma?" Dave asked as he entered the room. He left us to answer a call a few minutes ago which is how I ended up feeding Kairi her cheerios. I feel so bad for her, to be stuck in bed with a sprained foot. Kairi one active kid so I just know she feeling low right now. She grabbed the spoon from my hand and quickly ate the last bit of cereal before nodding to her dad. A few months ago it would've been awkward asl for me to be in the same room as East and his daughter. Now look at me feeding his lil twin breakfast, shxt crazy.
"Let me get ready real quick. I want you to drop me home."
"Why you in a hurry?"
"I'm not but I ain't trynna take up ya time with your daughter either especially not now. Besides I told Karla I would come see her today anyway." It was the truth.
"Aight lemme get Kairi dressed then. I gotta drop her off by my moms."
"Why?" I wasn't trynna be in his business like that or none but I was under the impression he was gon be stuck with Kairi till she got better at least according to what he told Millie lastnight.
"Some shit at the trap, I gotta handle that." On that note I bit my tongue because if it's one thing I be staying clear of, is em niggas and their trap business. I know what they do and that's about enough for me. It's not like Dave would actually tell me what was up anyway.
*
*
"So you and East, how's that been?"

"It barely been a minute Karla but it's been good as any fresh relationship should be."

"Well you got a point. I love seeing you guys happy. I didn't think I would ever move back to New York and honestly I'm more content right now than I was a few months ago. I just feel at ease especially since I don't have to be awkward with Kaedan."

"Ofcourse not because he fuccin your guts. You'd never believe y'all hated each other when you left."

"Girl bye, that nigga could never hate me."

"Oop- yunno it and so do I. My fault, I disrespected you there huh."

"Nah you good boo I know you meant no harm." She laughed."See all this is what I missed too, spending time with my girls and now all of y'all think y'all grown. Lori ass pregnant, Kiki got Shooter loving on her and you done bagged East-

"Aht aht sweetie, East bagg'd me. At the end of the day, I'm always the catch."

"On yo cocky shit as per usual and you right bout it too. Cause you wife up Aaliyah? Baby that's a big Win."

I had been at Karla's crib for a few hours now and it's been real good just catching up and chilling with my girl. We cooked lunch together and finished an entire bottle of wine. I can never be around my friends without drinking unless it's Lori and that's only because she's pregnant right now. It was already after 5 in the afternoon so I figured it was a good time to leave. I barely spent any time at home today plus tonight I'm supposed to be with Dave. Although I wonder if we're still on for that with Kairi on his hands. I texted Chris asking if he was free to give me a ride back home because I honestly didn't feel to take a bus. See I'm what you call a certified passenger, I hardly ever take bus but it's not my fault I'm spoilt. From the minute Chris learnt how to drive and got his first whip, I hardly ever had to walk or take a bus. I still take the train to get to places though cause I mean this is New York you can't really escape the subway that easily. Unfortunately for me this was one of those days where I had to take bus because according to Chris he on his way to Canada doing what though? I got no clue but that's none of my business. Karla and I chilled for a little minute still before I headed out to catch the bus back home.