Part 87

Lily POV

"This a huge as bowl even for me Keisha, damn

"This a huge as bowl even for me Keisha, damn."

"Dummy it's for the three of us not just your greedy ass."

"Which three?"

"Me, you and my godbaby."

Keisha decided that she wants to venture out from the nail tech business and take a different direction into becoming an entrepreneur. This woman loves to cook. Anything that involves the kitchen, is her passion. Her goal is to create a cook book filled with her own recipes. That is where I come in as her personal food taster. Keisha quit her job at the salon and has been bringing me breakfast almost every morning despite knowing that I've already eaten. If my grandmother doesn't wake up before me then Dave actually stops by just to make sure that I've eaten. He even brings me out for breakfast sometimes.

A month has passed since I got shot and I haven't been to his home since. It's safe to say that the trauma of that night is still very real and who would feel safe after experiencing something like that. Dave told me how he plans to leave this life behind but I know better. It isn't something you could just wake up and decide not to do anymore. That's not how it works so I won't even have my hopes up. It would be nice to know that my man isn't out there risking his life over no gang war. The street life has always been overrated. Sure, it brings in easy money for some but you lose more than you gain so there really isn't any winning.

I'm seven months pregnant and thankfully don't have to film for a while. The ratings for season one of Star has been going crazy. We were ranked the best new series with the highest premiere episode ratings and we've been in the top 10 'Must Watch' tv shows for the past two months straight. I feel so accomplished already and hopefully this is only the beginning of my career.

We spent the remainder of the morning together until she left to go home to Shooter. I on the other hand had a few errands to run plus Safi invited me over for lunch since she had an off day from the hotel. I took a bath then got dressed in an oversized tee, some leggings and a pair of sneakers. Dave would probably have a fit if he knew that I was going put on my own because my arm still isn't fully healed.

By the time I pulled up to Safi's crib it was already after 3 in the afternoon. I was way too hungry while I was out so I actually had lunch alone in my car—well fast food but all the same. I got out of my car and went up to her apartment.