Part 113

Lily POV

"Lil mamas get your brother let's go

"Lil mamas get your brother let's go." Dave called out from by the car.
"Okay daddy!" She shouted running back inside with the dogs running behind her. They always think somebody playing with them.
"So you just not gon say anything to me?" Dave hasn't spoken to me since I came back from the house party. That was two days ago.
"Ain't shit to say." He shrugged.
"Dave you can't keep giving me the silent treatment. We might as well postpone the damn trip because I ain't bout to be walking on eggshells around you."
"We ain't postponing shit. The kids been waiting on this. Fuck is you on ma?"
"Then you might as well get whatever is on your chest off right now because I'm not having it." We should be on our way to Millie's crib to pick up Kairi. We're catching a flight with all the kids today to bring then to DisneyWorld. I've literally only been there once so at my grown age I'm excited as well. I know it will be a great experience once I settle things with Dave.
"I told you what was on my mental days ago and you couldn't consider it enough to not go to a little house party but now my silence killing you?" He chuckled.
"I-
"How that make sense huh Aaliyah, tell me. You don't know what you want mamas?"
"Dave it's not like I deliberately wanted to ignore your warnings it just didn't make sense to me. Please put yourself in my shoes. That's like me calling out Bully and asking you to just take my word for it without any real explanation."
"And you think I wouldn't? You forgetting that I killed Loco for you? And which explanation you referring to, the one you wasn't trynna hear?"
"What, so this is my fault?"
"You just fuckin stubborn man."
"Aight then fine so tell me now! C'mon tell me Dave." He got me fuck'd up turning this on me now. Like the thought of it isn't mentally draining enough.
"Daddy.." I heard Reina soft voice. I turned to see her on the step crying. Dave went to her so fast and started apologizing to her for yelling. She soft asf meanwhile Dimitri just stood there starring at them with a blank expression. I felt terrible now. I hate arguing infront of the kids.
"C'mon Dimitri let's get in the car lil man." He didn't utter a word just followed me like I asked. Dave locked up the house then strapped Reina in her seat before reversing out the drive way. We watched the gate close then pulled off.
*
*
"That's a lot to take in Dave. Honestly, I'm not sure if I was better of not knowing." He wiped at my tears but I hated being this emotional. It wasn't even my boyfriend. My tears were for my best friend and the hurt I know she will feel when she finds out. The pain will immense but I've decided this isn't something that I will keep from her. I couldn't live with myself knowing I had information about Shooter's death a d withheld it.
"I can't believe they slept together.." I mumbled to myself. That wasn't even the most shocking revelation but I could only process it a piece at a time. Shooter cheating with Safi, her getting pregnant, her man finding out and killing Shooter over it. How could Safi sit up in a church and watch Kiki in full blown tears without letting guilt consume her. How could she smile in her face like that and a grieve for Duane knowing she was partly to blame for his demise. I'm really not blaming her because she didn't pull the trigger and it takes two to cheat. I'm just stuck on the fact that she seems content in never coming clean. What if Dave never told me or never found out? He wants to freaking kill her and her boyfriend for crying out loud! That leaves me feeling very uneasy.
"Are you going to hurt Safi?" I found myself asking.
"Don't ask questions you can't handle the answers for mamas." My blood ran cold.
"Don't sweat it, Safi hon get what's coming to her. It ain't on you."
This is East speaking right now I can tell. It's like a switch. This trip was well needed but I dread going back home because I know things will be back to normal. By that I mean Dave running the streets. He think I don't know how deep he's gotten himself back in the game but I do. It bothers me because it'll only take us back to square one. We're moving backwards when we should be moving forward. Getting revenge for Shooter is one thing but dealing again is something else. I refuse to expose my kids to the dangers of that lifestyle. I have seen first hand how gruesome it can be for families of street niggas and I'm not about to risk my life nor my kids.
*
*
"I know it's a lot to take in but I couldn't keep this from you, no matter how bad I knew it would hurt you."
"I'm not m-mad that you told me." She said wiping her tears away. "I just can't believe what you came over to tell me. It's so much shit going through my head right now. Like how I accused him of fuckin around on me while Dave was in the coma and he lied and said he wasn't. Now it turns out he slept with one of my closest friends when I was most vulnerable—pregnant at that and they didn't even have the nerve to use protection."
"I don't know about the protection part Kiki but yeah she did get pregnant. They had sex one time so I know Shooter probably felt terrible-
"Yeah and what about Safi? Wtf was she thinking? She was one of those who assured me that I was tripping. She told me Shooter loved me and he would never jeopardize our relationship so was that before or after she slept with him?"
"Sorry Keisha but she is the only one who could answer those questions."
"Lily she sat and consoled me at the memorial when I was questioning God, questioning what I could've done differently to protect the father of my only child, wondering who could have gotten to Shooter and she never said a word. She could've come clean before it happened and gave me a warning that her little boyfriend found out what they did and wanted Shooter's head but she didn't." I feel so bad for Kiki. I don't regret telling her but I sure as hell wasn't prepared for this conversation. We're both in tears right now. I don't even know what happens next.
"I can't tell you what to do but Shooter is gone and Safi has been your friend from day one-
"Lily don't make excuses for her please. I already know that but when her boyfriend had his guys attack you in your own home and Dave dealt with him she snitched and got your man in a coma. You were besides yourself for months suffering because she couldn't keep her mouth shut but now she couldn't even open it to let me know what was up? Safi ain't no slow bitch she knows wtf she doing but best believe imma step to her. After that she ain't got no reason to be in my face ever again." I don't know if I wasn't quite grasping the magnitude of the situation but my feelings towards Safi weren't as harsh as theirs. It's terrible it really is but I just don't see her having ill intentions. I feel like there has to be a little more to it but I can't tell them how to feel. Shooter was something special to them both. Now he's gone and they're partially blaming Safi. What will that do to our friend group now? I can't have Dave kill safi though, Lori wouldn't be able to handle that. Safi was the only family she had for a very long time. Sure she has her own with my brother now but it's different with Safi when all they had was each other for the longest time. I just don't want anybody else getting hurt and I sure as hell don't want to attend another funeral for a close friend.