22

IRL

Sure, Harry and Ron got multiple weird stares, but they didn't give a shit.

They were going to enjoy the Yule Ball because they were going with their best friend.

Once getting to the front the champions had to initiate the first dance.

Though, Ron stood completely still.

"Cmon Ron, I'm scared too but we can't just nothing" Harry whispered.

"Ask me"

"What?"

"Ask. Me. To. Dance."

"No way. Please Ron I want to leave this dance floor too but-"

"Ask me to dance or I'm not dancing" Ron stated simply.

"Ugh fine." Harry took a deep breath "Ron Billius Weasley, mayihavethisdance?"

"Sorry, I couldn't hear you"

"I will fucking kill you" Harry snapped.

"Alright!"

Ron and Harry began to dance and could barely hold in their laughter.

"Ok you need to twirl me-"

"Im not twirling you-"

"Twirl me-"

"No-"

"Just twirl me-"

"No-"

"I swear to Merlin if you don't twirl me right now Harry Potter I will not hesitate to-"

Ron was cut off by Harry violently twirling him.

"Thank you" Ron said after he recovered from the shock of being spun so suddenly.

"Hey look Hermione's with- ho-ly shit"

"What? What? WHAT?" Ron looked desperately over his shoulder to try and get a glimpse of who took Hermione to the Ball.

"Is that-"

Viktor Krum had just lifted Hermione by her waist and spun her around elegantly.

Harry was suddenly caught off guard by Ron collapsing onto his knees in the middle of the dance floor.

"Ron, Ron! Get. Up!" Harry tried to get him up.

But Ron couldn't seem to comprehend how Hermione was dancing with her date Viktor Krum, only a few feet away.

"Ron please" Harry pleaded desperately.

But the dance was over and other couples began to join the others on the dance floor.

Harry had had enough dancing for right then, so he strategically dragged Ron to a table.

"H-Hermione and Krum?" Ron whimpered.

Harry just nodded and looked back over to the dance floor where Hermione was giggling at something Viktor had said. After a few moments, Harry's eyes drifted to another couple who were dancing. They happened to be none other than Y/n Diggory and Blaise Zabini.

Harry felt his blood boil at the sight of them, yet he couldn't seem to look away.

"I hate him" Ron muttered from beside him.

"Me too" Harry said absentmindedly.

Ron gave a nod of approval, even though they weren't even speaking of the same person.

After another few songs, Hermione approached where Harry and Ron were seated, looking quite flushed.

"Hello" she greeted.

From where Y/n was on the dance floor, she could only catch glimpses of a brutal argument breaking out between Ron and Hermione.

After finishing her dance with Blaise, and receiving a kiss on her hand she excused herself to go check on her friend.

Though once she arrived to where they had been arguing, both were gone.

Only Harry was left, sitting and watching the dance floor silently.

"Where'd Ronald and Herman go?" She asked.

Harry startled and looked up at Y/n.

"Wh-what?" He stuttered and then cleared his throat.

"They were fighting just here a moment ago"

"Oh yeah- them... uh... Hermione's outside and Ron went to bed. I'd leave but..."

"Alright, I'm going to check on Herman... you should probably do something that makes you look less sad" Y/n said before exiting the hall to look for Hermione.

"Harmonica?! Harmonica?! Where are you- oh Harmonica" Y/n sighed as she saw Hermione sitting on a step and crying.

She rushed over and sat down next to her and comforted the crying girl.

"R-Ron is such a... a..."

"Dick?" Y/n offered.

"Well, yeah" Hermione sniffed and then let out a small chuckle.

"What happened?"

"He just lashed out because I came with Viktor, and apparently I was 'fRaTeRnIzInG wItH tHe EnEmY'" Hermione sobbed and leaned her head on Y/n's shoulder.

"Ugh I'm gonna hurt him" Y/n mumbled angrily.

"Oh Y/n! What about Blaise!? You're supposed to be inside with him right now!"

"It's alright"

"No it's not! Please don't sacrifice your good night for me"

"Hermione-"

"No, I'm going to go clean up and then meet back up with Viktor" Hermione wiped her eyes and stood up.

"Hermione-"

"I'll talk to you later Y/n" Hermione said before hurrying off.

"What the fu- Hermione!" Y/n called after her. "HERMIO-"

"Y/n?"

"AHHHHH!!! Oh hey Barrold"

"Hey..."

"I see you didn't try to make yourself look less sad" Y/n observed.

"That's kinda why I came out here to see you" Harry mumbled quietly.

"What was that?" She asked.

"Oh nothing," Harry said becoming very flustered "I'm going to head back to my dorm now" his voice got slight higher pitched and he rushed down the hall.

"What is going on" Y/n whispered to herself in confusion.

Y/n went back into the hall and met back up with Blaise, still confused by everyone running away from her.