Arc 7: Royal Deceit (199)

Madame Wen has been waiting for this day. Warlord Bai of the northern regimen held up a feist for another victory. They finally conquered a city of Tian. It may be a small achievement for others but it is something they can be proud of. Tian Dynasty is the oldest empire with the widest land. Its resources are abundant and no rebelling regimen ever dared to go against a giant like that. However, for the first time in a hundred year, Tian Dynasty lost in defending their rural areas. So, Warlord Bai hosted a banquet. There were food, male guests, music and dancing of female performers. Of course, prostitutes are allowed.

Hong Cha wore the veil Madame Wen gave her. She will enter after Madame Wen and will be introduced to the youngest and most capable commandants Warlord Bai has. Since fourteen, she has been working in the brothel to seduce men and ask for their money in exchange for a little entertainment. Four years had passed, she is here, about to give her first time to a man she doesn't know. After all the disgust and depression she went through, she wore a stoic face and hid away her fear.

"Warlord Bai, good evening." Madame Wen greeted the old warlord. Next to him sat his important generals. With the half-veiled face of Hong Cha, it's already enough to mesmerize the young ones. They are still in their youth and are easier to excite with just a mysterious beauty.

Hong Cha glanced at them, her long lashes fluttering like butterflies, showing off her pair of lovely almond eyes. Just one look, she distinguished their lust. Her gaze drifted further with the intent to allure one she can fool. However, her sight fell on a unusual young man. He donned in a black changshan and red outer robe, matching the crimson intricate of his clothes and the scarlet string tying his hair upwards. The young man seemed to not care about her and he gave her a lazy glance.

"This is Song Cha Hua, it will be worth for one of these brave warriors." Madame Wen introduced her to Warlord Bai. The elderly man hummed and raised his hand.

"Xiaoyuan, why don't you come over here?" Warlord Bai said. Hong Cha turned to find this Xiaoyuan and was stunned it was the guy who doesn't lust at her. Warlord Bai patted the young man's shoulder and pushed him forward to Hong Cha. "You pretty boy, why not have fun with this beauty, eh? Don't be a coward, Nian Xiaoyuan. Haha."

"Song Cha Hua, what a lovely name befitted to a gorgeous lady." Gu Zixing complimented back. He really doesn't care about these women from brothels but the warlord knows he is one of the inexperienced soldiers in bedding matters. The only reason he is here is that he must look for Empress Qing's maternal relatives. Intel came in Tian that the Hong Family and royal family were killed, except for the youngest daughter of General Hong.

"Young Sir seems preoccupied. Hong Cha, greet him." Madame Wen pushed her a bit and whispered her last words. Hong Cha reluctantly faced Gu Zixing. Since she can't say anything, Madame Wen decided to speak up for her. "Hehe, Sir Nian, you can have this little beauty for tonight. She is a new one and also untouched. Enjoy~."

Hong Cha looked at Gu Zixing and nervously wrung the handkerchief she has. Though she amused a lot of men, she had never faced anyone like Gu Zixing. He is younger, somehow between indifferent and welcoming. She has been harassed by old lechers and she knew its her time to give up her virtue. After this, she might serve men in regular basis...

"Come with me." Gu Zixing calmly said. She hesitated a bit and followed Gu Zixing outside the banquet hall. He chose a secluded pavilion out of most people's sight. Gu Zixing motioned for her to take a seat on the table across him. Hong Cha silently sat on the table while Gu Zixing leaned close, his hands propped on it's surface. "Say, was it your first time to be alone with a man?"

"En." She lowered her head and avoided his gaze. Mostly, she entertains men in the brothel if they don't wish to bed anyone yet. She does it with some sisters and they guide her how to.

"Miss, you may call me Sir Nian. I'm not really interested with immoral pleasures so you are safe with me. I won't do anything." He was about to leave her but Hong Cha grabbed his arm, her almond eyes nervous and tinted with fear.

"S-Sir Nian, if I can't serve you, the Madame will get furious. I, I don't really have a choice too because even after I give myself to you, I will have to do it again with other men. I don't..." Hong Cha's shoulder shook and her tears fell. She have no idea why she told him her true thoughts. Perhaps because he acted proper and kind, she thought of him as her last hope. But who will help her? She lives in a brothel, she gets money by selling her body. He's not that nice to lend a hand.

"Little girl, don't cry." She was stunned to feel him taking off her veil and drying her tears with his faint caress. Hong Cha met his sincere gaze, only then did she see how honest and kindhearted he was. Gu Zixing lifted a faint smile and placed her veil on her hand. "You don't need to sell yourself. I will find a way so you won't go through this. But, promise me, never serve other men and keep clean. Where are you from?"

Hong Cha recovered from her daze and calmed her heart's fast beats. "An Country. I am one of those that escaped the war and was sold to the Madame." She chose to lie to Gu Zixing. For her, he is Nian Xiaoyuan, someone close to the warlord that ordered An's demise. If she were to say she is part of Hong Clan, he might kill her for the reward of Hong Clan's eradication.