Arc 7: Royal Deceit (245)

Note: This is three years ago again, so no one will get confused, this is a flashback~

Hong Cha arrived at the main palace with Lou Ying. He was stopped outside by the guards and a servant led Hong Cha to a different hall. It was a wide room with a large pool in the middle. Hong Cha saw Gu Jiaoyue silently drinking wine while sitting on a divan. He was only wearing an outer robe on him and his trouser. Hong Cha hesitantly approached him.

"Prince Brother, is everything alright?" She asked in concern and took a seat on a divan next to him. Only a small table separated them.

Gu Jiaoyue didn't speak. He poured wine on a cup and placed it before her. Hong Cha got confused. She didn't accept the drink which made Gu Jiaoyue narrow his eyes.

"Xiao Cha, have a drink, and I will let you know what my problem is." He pushed the cup closer to her side. Gu Jiaoyue took his own cup and drank the wine. His gaze became sharp as Hong Cha hesitantly took a sip. "You know, I was once accompanied by this girl, soon to be my empress. She can drink three cups of wine, without complaining."

Hong Cha reluctantly gulped down the entire cup. She took some time recovering from the taste. The next second, Gu Jiaoyue filled her cup again. Hong Cha was unwilling but she received a provocative look from him as if daring her to finish. Hong Cha has to, under his watchful eyes. From two cups, she consumed three and her cheeks burned slightly.

"Prince Brother, I'm not feeling well. I should, should go back." Hong Cha stood up but she was suddenly pulled down on the divan. She was taken aback when Gu Jiaoyue had her restrained beneath her. "Prince Brother, what are you doing?!"

"You lied, Xiao Cha. You eloped with another man. I foolishly searched for you but you were with this Nian Xiaoyuan? Do you know how I feel right now? You fooled me!" Gu Jiaoyue's grip on her wrists exerted more force that Hong Cha grimaced in pain. Her tears formed and she was ready to ask for mercy again. However, Gu Jiaoyue is done being nice.

He believed they felt the same for each other and nearly risked everything for her but she lied!

"Prince Brother! No!" Hong Cha was startled once Gu Jiaoyue tore her dress, revealing her chest wrapped in a soft dudou. The striking red camellia flower on her porcelain white skin proved her innocence. This made her fear after guessing what Gu Jiaoyue is up to. "Y-you can't do this! Prince Brother, be rational, please. You're drunk, you should stop..."

Gu Jiaoyue raised his lips to a mocking arch. He leaned down to whisper, "We can't stop now, Xiao Cha."

It was a night she can never forget. She can't stop crying the time he finally released her. Hong Cha can't compare the despair she felt. Her chastity was lost, and he took it forcibly. She had kept clean for the time she will be ready to have a family with Gu Zixing. She dragged the matter too long, now she have no chance of being faithful.

Gu Jiaoyue felt contempt. He wasn't guilty that moment, he only felt enraged. After arranging his clothes back, he noticed her holding a red lace. He remembered that tied her hair. He always saw her wearing that. Gu Jiaoyue was closer and saw the name Nian Xiaoyuan on it.

"You really can't forget him." He held her hand and he immediately received a scared look from Hong Cha. Gu Jiaoyue took the red lace. "Xiao Cha, I can't believe you married him but you're still pure. What if he were to know?"

Hong Cha gritted her teeth. She held herself in agony as her body shivered from fear. Gu Jiaoyue just caused her another trauma. She let her tears drop and her defeated look roused his conscience.

"I will never forgive you." She squeezed those spiteful words and repeated, "I will never forgive you, Gu Jiaoyue."

"So be it!" He held her shoulder, having her shaken and wince from his torment. Gu Jiaoyue looked straight to her eyes with a determined sentiment. "You can hate me for as long as you want, but I will never let you be with another man!"

Such possessive words caused her to tremble. Hong Cha shut her eyes and broke to tears. She hates him, hates him very much. She won't forget this day and make him pay for it!

The Prince Brother she knew is not this selfish emperor. Back then, Gu Jiaoyue is not this despicable. He was at first alienated from everyone in An Country but Hong Cha was the first to curiously approach him and speak to him. Gu Jiaoyue was bored and exchanged few words with her. Afterwards, she started visiting him frequently and she thought of him as her generous older brother. He always gives her whatever she wanted. Gu Jiaoyue was caring even though he doesn't show it often on the surface.

But, the Prince Brother seven years ago is gone. She grew up, he grew up. Some matters are no longer new to her and he took advantage of that fact. Hong Cha never knew but as her suffering goes on, her heart started to darken. Hong Qingning, Lou Ying, Gu Jiaoyue, everyone of them, she will never forgive!

Gu Zixing had returned to the capital in a rush. He appeared calm outside but Yu Chi knows his master is not fine. His wife has been missing and the leads they found came from Se Xunyi and the palace. It points out that Se Xunyi and Hong Qingning had this planned, since Se Hong is still in line to be the next madame of House Gu. Gu Shang was never found all these months, it is best for them to believe he had died. Meng Ziyan's condition is worsening and she never woke up. Gu Zixing has no choice but to lead House Gu, aid Gu Jiaoyue and care for his mother.

No one knew how much misery Gu Zixing is going through. Every time Yu Chi sees his master absentminded, he can see traces of grief. He can only sigh inwardly. Perhaps the only person that can help the Headmaster is his wife. But where is she?