Arc 7: Royal Deceit (247)

His parents had just died, they were deliberately killed and that was too much for Gu Zixing to bear. However, when he found out Hong Cha is in the palace, he was elated. She can only be his comfort in this cruel place, she is the reason he keeps fighting and surviving. But upon knowing she had done the deed with Gu Jiaoyue, all his bottled up frustration had broken through.

"Gu Zixing!" Hong Cha helplessly struggled from being pinned down. She can't believe he will truly force her too. He's never like this. Gu Zixing will never treat her this way. He will always smile to her and embrace her lovingly. He will always talk to her in a gentle way, hold her hand and dream with her about their future together. But the Gu Zixing before her won't care. He held her down the same way Gu Jiaoyue and Gu Chi Lian did. He tore her robe ruthlessly that it left red mark all over her. "Gu Zixing, stop! Why are you like this? You are not like this!"

"What do you expect? I treated you so well but this is what I get in return? You are my wife!" She betrayed him, she even dares to refuse him. Gu Zixing hates it, he cherished her with all his heart. If that wasn't enough, he can almost treat her like a deity.

Hong Cha shut her eyes and thought this is not the man she married. He doesn't wish to listen anymore. Since she is his wife, she had vowed to serve him and she can't deny that further. Hong Cha opened her eyes with her grief visible. She gently touched his face and directed his gaze on her.

"Gu Zixing, I'm sorry." Her lips quivered but she managed to smile. Hong Cha will be the one to listen now. "You changed, didn't you? Remember that night? We drank the nuptial wine, and I promised I will never get tired of you. I still love you."

He can take whatever he want, he can do as he want, he can be as he want, he is still Gu Zixing. She promised not to get tired, she will never get tired.

Gu Zixing became silent. He came to a realization he had hurt her. How can he be like this? Why didn't he listen to her? Why did he break his trust? She married him, wanted a family with him, but she was taken away. Gu Jiaoyue told him she can't forget Nian Xiaoyuan, and that was him. She was forced, she never betrayed him.

"Camellia, sorry, sorry." He repeatedly apologized and wiped her tears. Gu Zixing held her with tremblings hands. "I was just afraid to lose you. I thought, I thought you never..." Never loved him.

Hong Cha wanted to say more but they heard a knock from the door. Hong Cha looked at Gu Zixing in worry.

"Leave now, I will be fine. I will wait for you again." Hong Cha kissed him one last time and hurried Gu Zixing towards the window. She can still endure.

"Young Miss?" Lou Ying opened the door with a wary expression. He took a pause after seeing Hong Cha peeking from the bathroom. "Apology, Young Miss. I thought I heard Young Miss shouting."

"I wasn't. Get out, I have to take a bath." She said in an annoyed tone. Lou Ying bowed before leaving but his gaze fell on the crack at the wall.

"Your Majesty, Gu Zixing found her." Lou Ying informed from outside Hong Qingning's bedchamber. He heard no response but Hong Qingning soon sighed.

"Let him sneak in one more time, and Xiao Cha will know." Hong Qingning gave her order. She purposely retrieved the black guards around the palace, the very reason Gu Zixing got this far. Lou Ying also heard everything and he only took action when their argument ended.

It was the truth no secret can't be left hidden forever. Gu Zixing came back to tale her away. Strangely, Hong Cha is outside the residence. She was seemingly waiting for him. She looked at him without the thought of approaching him, her gaze was full of confusion and reluctance.

"Camellia." He reached for her hand but Hong Cha avoided his hold. Gu Zixing frowned and he saw Hong Qingning stepping out of the residence. "Camellia, let's leave, now!"

"Aunt... Aunt told me something. She said she will let me choose to stay or leave." Hong Cha bit her lip. Her eyelashes fluttered as she gazed upwards. "Gu Zixing, I know you are honest, you never lied to me. If, if you could, tell me the truth."

Gu Zixing have a hunch what it was. Looking at her, he knew she is very much in denial of what they told her.

"You didn't kill my father, yes? It wasn't you who attacked my eldest brother, right?" Hong Cha asked, hoping he will say no.

"Sure, it wasn't him." Hong Qingning touched Hong Cha's shoulder, her tone malicious. "Why don't you answer, Nian Xiaoyuan?"

"Camellia, come with me." He held her hand to pull her but Hong Cha refused to leave. She was searching for an answer. Gu Zixing was locked in her pleading gaze but he is struggling whether to lie or not. "Camellia, I, no..."

"Liar!" A shout came from nearby and the next second, Lou Ying appeared before Gu Zixing with a sword. It was fortunate Gu Zixing have a weapon with him and blocked Lou Ying's attack. He stepped back farther as Lou Ying stood to act as a barrier between him and Hong Cha. Lou Ying said in despise, "You liar. We trusted you that day, we thought you will help us escape Warlord Bai's clutches but you killed Master! I saw how you stabbed him!"

Gu Zixing tightened his grasp around the sword's hilt. He turned to Hong Cha who was in great disbelief.

"Heh, you hypocrite. Do you still remember who I am? That one guy that has always aided General Hong in the battlefield?" Lou Ying mockingly said. "You know my name, don't you, Nian Xiaoyuan?"