Arc 7: Royal Deceit (256)

Gu Zixing reached the courtyard where they gathered. There was Hong Cha talking to Gu Yuan's wife, Gu Qinyan trying to impress Hong Cha, Gu Qinyao ridiculing her brother, and Gu Yuan speaking with another guest. Gu Zixing became puzzled, that girl next to Gu Yuan looks a bit familiar.

"Brother Zi!" The young girl saw him and waved her hand. Only then did Gu Zixing recognize her.

"Ying'er?" It was Gu Yuan's younger sister. The last time he was in Chang'an, he met Gu Ying and it was eight years ago. She was only a kid back then.

"Brother Zi, you're back!" Gu Ying suddenly embraced him. Hong Cha raised a brow at this and Gu Zixing quickly pushed the girl a bit. "Brother Zi, you look older. Haven't you noticed? I'm also bigger now. I turned fifteen last year."

"Oh, has anyone proposed to you?" Gu Zixing coughed a bit. He knew Hong Cha is looking and he is very careful.

"No. I was waiting for you." Gu Ying held on his arm as if she was a clingy wife. "I was constantly asking everyone if you are married but they said no. Can I be your wife?"

Gu Yuan nearly choked to death. He looked at Hong Cha whose face is getting darker and darker, then to Gu Zixing who was helpless.

"Ying'er, Zixing have a wife." Gu Yuan spoke up. Gu Ying looked confused, he moved his lips to point at Hong Cha.

"That doesn't mean I can't be a favored concubine. I'm younger, and it is better." Gu Ying thought. She wanted to stir trouble and sat next to Gu Zixing, Hong Cha is on his other side and she showed no reaction. "Humph. Just you wait, Brother Zi won't be yours for long."

The atmosphere finally eased. While eating, Gu Yuan entertains them with his stories. When no one is watching, Gu Ying took a packet from her sleeve and poured a substance on Gu Zixing's teacup. The powder dissolved immediately.

Hong Cha saw this and choked. She knows how a woman thinks and she have an idea what that was.

"Miss, quick drink!" Gu Qinyan rescued her and handed her a teacup. Hong Cha accepted it, she drank quickly when she heard Gu Zixing's voice.

"Yanyan, that was mine and I intend to give it to her." Gu Zixing said in a displeased tone. He wanted to be the hero but Gu Qinyan snatched his teacup and gave it to Hong Cha.

"Come again?" Hong Cha's eyes widened. She turned to Gu Ying who is now gone from her seat.

"Eh? Where did Ying'er go?" Gu Yuan asked after a quick mirage left the courtyard.

Hong Cha wanted to curse and leave but she felt her stomach hurts. She gritted her teeth and felt her body heating up. That was fast. If it was Gu Zixing who got poisoned, he can't hide that easy.

"Are you alright?" Gu Zixing asked in concern. Hong Cha stood up with staggering footsteps.

"I, I forgot something in the room." Hong Cha intends to bath in the pool but her sight became blurry. Her weak frame was caught by Gu Zixing and his cool scent invaded her senses. Hong Cha felt more vulnerable, she held unto his robe and thought of him. Gu Zixing is a trained general, his body is indeed tough and she can feel it. So manly... Hong Cha snapped out of her fascination and bit her tongue. She needs to reach the pool. "Room, bring me there."

Gu Zixing finds it odd. He carried her and excused themselves. Gu Zixing noticed she was trembling a bit. Hong Cha's nails almost dug into his robe with how much she grips it. Her cheeks are pink and her hands are becoming restless. He doesn't know if it was an illusion or what but he felt her touch him ambiguously for a brief moment.

Once they reached the room, Hong Cha struggled and pushed him. She headed to the bathroom but Gu Zixing held her wrist.

"Your Highness, you don't look fine." Gu Zixing asserted. He have a feeling she is enduring something uncomfortable.

"No, I'm fine!" She stubbornly broke free from his grasp and staggered at the pool. Hong Cha suppressed a grunt, her sight nearly blacked out and she fell.

Gu Zixing took no consideration and jumped into the pool as well. He brought Hong Cha on the water surface as she coughed severely.

"Hot..." Hong Cha murmured. She came to sense his calming minty scent. They were attached closely and Gu Zixing is trying to reach the end of the pool. Her gaze fell on his moistened lips. She shut her eyes and opened them again, being more determined this time. Hong Cha raised herself and kissed him.

The sudden intimacy caused Gu Zixing to stop. He pressed her on the edge to fully support her and reciprocated gently. Gu Zixing parted when he felt her taking off his belt. Hong Cha looked up since he stopped her. She met his troubled amber eyes, still the same gentleman he used to.

"What's wrong?" He tried to be sober in this situation. Not that he wanted too, but he worries that she will regret the moment she wakes up. Just a moment ago, she was pushing him away. Yet right now, her need was evident within her gaze.

"I, Gu Zixing..." Hong Cha's damp lashes trembled, her throat drying and the heat wasn't lessened. "I need you."

With that said, Hong Cha kissed him once more. She got free from his grasp and guided his hands on her waist. Hong Cha still can't have his response.

"Husband..." She whispered and licked the corner of his lips. Gu Zixing breathed deeply and pressed their forehead.

"Camellia, are you sure?" He have his limits and when it comes to her, even his rationality disagrees to cooperate with him. If it were others, even if they approach him the way Hong Cha did, he will coldly leave without his body giving a reaction. But this is Hong Cha, his beloved, she have taken over his heart and mind, even his body won't listen to him.

"Take me." Hong Cha gave a clear answer. The sooner she did, he leaned down and kissed her deeply, his arms encircling around her petite body.