Arc 7: Royal Deceit (204)

The northern regimen's capital is still lively and secured. In a famous brothel, a seductive young girl accompanied guests. It was fortunate Madame Wen didn't sell her yet because Gu Zixing have paid for her short freedom. Hong Cha complimented young masters left and right, flirting and joking with them. Her youthful allure caught them blind as they handed her stash of banknotes. All she needs is a little sad story, pitiful face and seduction. They will give her any amount of money she wants. This added more income to Madame Wen and Hong Cha became the new attraction of the brothel.

"You did well today." Madame Wen counted the banknotes with sparkling eyes. Only Hong Cha was capable to get this amount of money without even bedding a man. Aside from that, Hong Cha can persuade those perverts which woman should they choose for the night. She was like an endorser, ah. How lucky Madame Wen was to raise a girl like her. "Here's your reward. And, a letter from the East."

Hong Cha's cold phoenix eyes flashed a lively light. She took the money and envelope on the desk before leaving. After getting out of the office, she can't hide her cheerfulness and hurriedly ran to her dorm. Hong Cha immediately jumped on the bed, casting the money on the bedside table and impatiently opening the envelope. She has been waiting for Gu Zixing's reply to her letters. Each reply took three weeks to return to her side. Last time, if she remembered, she still informed him lies regarding her whereabouts and asked him why he was looking for this 'Hong Cha'.

Upon taking out the folded paper, Hong Cha heaved a deep inhale. His minty scent is still on the parchment. Like a lovestruck fool, she unfolded it and traced his elegant handwriting. This sometimes made her wonder, is Gu Zixing a schooled young master? If he is, doesn't politics suit him better? Most young masters she knew will follow the path of their predecessors and become politicians, why Gu Zixing became a soldier then?

Her sigh escaped. She stopped overthinking and read his reply. He first wrote his greetings like always, he sounds so polite and formal with the words he penned. His answer to her question was unexpected.

"Xiao Cha, I trust you won't tell this to anyone. In fact, only you will know this. I am not a northerner, I was born in Tian and I'm a cousin of the Crown Prince. His adoptive mother is Tian's Empress Qing and she hoped her last relative is still alive. That girl is Hong Cha. I have been searching for her in years but it was vain. You, Xiao Cha, is my only hope."

It seems the restlessness at the border was calmed. Gu Zixing was relieved his communication with Tian's general was never detected by his subordinates. Thus, he asked for Tian's forces to retreat but keep their defense high. On his side, the northern soldiers thought they successfully showed their dominance against Tian and threw a feast. There were also prostitutes that had arrived from the capital that will alleviate their stress. Gu Zixing didn't join them and chose to stay alone.

"Hey, Xiaoyuan!" Zhan Miao called for him while he was carving a block of wood from the farthest side of the bonfire. Gu Zixing didn't raise his head and hummed. Just then, he saw a thin peach-colored skirt ahead him that is next to Zhan Miao. "Look, a beauty is looking for you. She's part of Madame Wen's tribute, and I heard she's the most popular one."

Gu Zixing swept his gaze upwards. The girl seems familiar but unfamiliar because of her veiled hat, he can't see the beauty Zhan Miao is talking about. No one else had seen her too but the excitement and curiosity of revealing her face made most soldiers interested. Her body is slender and small compared to a soldier's rough and toned physique. Zhan Miao wants to hug her too but she was sent to serve Gu Zixing, the main commander here.

"I'll leave you two. Xiaoyuan, enjoy, haha!" Zhan Miao left as to not become a third wheel nuisance.

"I don't want any service." Gu Zixing bowed his head again and said in a calm tone. He diverted his attention to the dagger, continuously shaping the wood to a vague fox. However, the lady before him is disobedient. She sat across him, lifting the veil a bit. Gu Zixing is still curious so he looked up and saw a little white frame of her face, including her ruddy red painted lips. She opened her mouth, maybe to speak but she closed them again and smiled charmingly. Gu Zixing turned away as he stood up. "Miss, find someone else. I'm not interested."

"Brother, are you surely willing to let me serve other men?" A familiar sweet voice said. Gu Zixing paused and looked at her with wide eyes.

"Xiao Cha?" He lifted the veil to see her mischievous grin and lovely round face. The young girl gave him no chance and hugged his waist.

"Sir Nian, it's Hong Cha." She revealed her real identity and looked up to him with her clear bright eyes. Hong Cha can't help but be captivated by his astounded expression. "I'm sorry I hid it from you. I was just afraid you are one of those trying to hunt my father's last relatives too. I'm the youngest and only eldest di of General Hong."

"Wait, what?" Gu Zixing was caught off guard. He pushed her a bit and turned away from her, his hand on his face while muttering, "You're Hong Cha, how can that be? Crap, Jiaoyue will beat me if, if, if he finds out! Are you really Hong Cha?"

"To make you believe." Hong Cha paused and pulled him behind a tree. She undid her waistband as Gu Zixing interrupted her.

"You! I told you I won't accept any service!"

"Sir Nian, you think I really want to take your virginity?" She straightforwardly asked. Gu Zixing was struck with lightning, he froze on the spot before his face reddened. "So, you're a virgin!"

"So what if I am? I mean, no! I, just tell me why you're Hong Cha!" Gu Zixing was flustered. With how old he was, he have no experience but he's not ignorant. He's only preserving his first time for his marriage, to make it fair with his future wife.