Arc 7: Royal Deceit (203)

"Are you alright?" Gu Zixing leaned down the bed. Hong Cha fell when he tried to stabilize her. She went on the bed and he tried to sit up to reach for a book on the bedside table. With his instinct, he quickly caught her. She must not be used staying on a bed with a man and moved away. Unfortunately, she fell. Hong Cha gazed at him with her tearful eyes. He felt time stopped and his heart thumped unsteadily. She look so...so cute...

"Sir Nian, please be careful next time when meeting me. It hurts..." Hong Cha rubbed her bottom and went back to the bed. She sprawled on the other side, knowing Gu Zixing will not mind her.

"Oh my..." Li Shuai turned to her sisters. They have the same astounded face. "Our meimei caught a big mm!"

"What mm?" Xiao Nou asked blankly.

"You know, mm!" Li Shuai revealed her arm and wrapped her hand on it. The two immediately understood.

"Ohhh."

"Mm!"

Hong Cha woke up at noon. She turned her head to the side and immediately saw Gu Zixing asleep though he leaned on the headboard. With the warm and welcoming golden sunlight, it brightened up his features and made him look so ethereal. Hong Cha carefully sat up. She touched the red bow tied on her hair.

"You're a good person." She thought, a faint smile forming on her face. Hong Cha stared at him intently when her gaze fell on his lips. She felt attracted to it, as if she wants to kiss him? Hong Cha hurriedly shook her head. Just what is she thinking? She only met him twice! She can't like a man she just met!

She went off the bed and took out a parchment from the bedside table. Hong Cha used the willow makeup within the compartment and wrote a letter to him, saying she will retire to her dorm and mentioned her thanks. Hong Cha thought for a while. She kissed the edge of the letter, marking it with her pale pink lipstick. Hong Cha smiled unconsciously and left the paper in his grasp.

The moment she went to the dorm, Li Shuai, Sun Shao Na and Xiao Nou are waiting for her. The three grinned mischievously as Li Shuai went close to her.

"Meimei, how does it feel bedding someone like Commander Nian? Is he... Ehem!" Li Shuai cleared her throat to cover the vulgar word. Hong Cha only furrowed her brows.

"Is he what?" Hong Cha was clueless.

"You know, thick or long? Or both?" Xiao Nou asked expectantly. Hong Cha realized what they meant. Her face lit up and she covered it with her hands.

"Sisters! I, I'm tired after that, okay? I have to rest quick!" Hong Cha avoided their questions and rushed to her bedchamber. She became curious but she won't dare see...

With Gu Zixing's involvement and his next gift to her is a lotus silk, everyone came to know Hong Cha was his favorite. Young men are to be expected to be fond of beauties. They are full of spirits and youthful charms. Pampering a beauty is part of their habit. Madame Wen no longer pressured Hong Cha although there are lots of customers inquiring for her service. Gu Zixing visits her twice a week and paid a fair price for the loss Madame Wen had.

Hong Cha continued with her deception and told him false information regarding her whereabouts within the branches of the brothel. Gu Zixing didn't suspect anything. Every time she 'found out' the girl is not in any of those branches, he believed her so.

On a certain day, Hong Cha was painting in her room secretly. She smiled in satisfaction after finishing Gu Zixing's portrait. It was the one she kept dreaming of. However, she removed the ruthless ambiance that the Gu Zixing in her dream have. Instead, she painted Gu Zixing in a tiger-carved armor, his helmet off with his hair tied up by a red string. A scarlet cape was on the right side of his shoulder. His eyes were narrowed a bit, half-lidded and indifferent. A little in contrast from the gentlemanly Gu Zixing she knows.

"Sister?" She heard Li Shuai's voice outside with a tinge of excitement. Hong Cha hummed and opened the door. To her shock, Gu Zixing is with Li Shuai. "Hi, meimei, I brought Commander Nian over. Madame Wen doesn't know but I can't say no to springing lovebirds. Ahaha, I will leave you two alone, enjoy~"

"Wait, jiejie!" Hong Cha went nervous but Gu Zixing already peered into the room. His lips hooked up to see the painting she made. The young girl blushed in shame. He discovered her secret...

"You have quite the talent. What more do you know?" Gu Zixing asked with interest. It look exactly like him but they have difference in demeanor.

"It's just my hobby painting when I don't have anything to do." She learnt the Four Arts as a young miss. Since a legitimate child, Hong Cha is responsible for mastering them and it's only a trifle for her to paint. "Ehm, why is Sir Nian here?"

"About the girl, Hong Cha." His tone wavered a bit. Gu Zixing heaved a sigh and gazed at her deeply. "Find her, but take your time. I won't be around the capital for long."

"What do you mean?" Her brows knitted. Is he leaving? But she will get in trouble if he leaves!

"I have to go East. Send me more news from here at the capital, I'm afraid I can't stay here to look after you." Gu Zixing looked away in guilt. It was so sudden the warlord appointed him to aid the troops at the border between the northern regimen and Tian Empire where he originated. He decided to choose, this girl's safety or his clan's security.

Hong Cha pursed her lips and nodded. She should have known, she can't be just his first priority since they are only acquaintances. Why did she expect something further than that?

"Alright. I understand. I will send letters to you, but please do come back." Hong Cha clenched her fists under her sleeves. She will surely miss his comfort.