The Bud Reflects (276)

Awakened from his dream, Nian Xiaoyuan's despair followed him to reality. He ran his hand through his hair and sealed his lips tightly. The void in his chest is unpleasant as ever, vile and notorious for burning him mentally and emotionally. That dream torments him all through these years. He knew himself he hadn't forgiven what he had done to Hong Cha.

"Sire?" A lovely and familiar voice broke his deep thoughts.

He looked down to see beside him lies a young lady with a very similar face that of Hong Cha. No, everything about her is Hong Cha.

"S-Sire.." Se Hua nervously called again. Her thoughts were telling her to run away but she was frozen by fear.

"Go back to sleep." Nian Xiaoyuan simply said.

The young lady was confused he was a little odd tonight. Usually, this happens when he have a nightmare. It occurs more often when she sleeps in his room. What she fears is that he cant differentiate reality from his dream again and mistake her from Hong Cha, like the first night.

Se Hua will never forget that night where he took her by force.

Although Nian Xiaoyuan told her to sleep, Se Hua cant and embraced herself. Her small trembles didn't fail to escape his keen sight.

"Are you that afraid of me?"

His question made her gulp. Se Hua was always afraid of him that she nodded in honesty.

"I see."

"S-Sire! Its not that I-, everyone knows who Sire is, everyone..." She quickly covered her mouth before she says anything stupid. Se Hua's cowardice spilled from her eyes, eyes that were so familiar yet unfamiliar to Nian Xiaoyuan.

"Haha." A faint laugh came from him. He somehow see Hong Cha from Se Hua. Clearly, he knows she and his beloved are not the same but he cant help fantasize she was Hong Cha. Although, both their personalities are stark contrast.

"Sire..." Se Hua blinked in disbelief. Nian Xiaoyuan had never smiled or laughed before her, in fact, not even towards anyone!

"Sleep. Do not worry. I will not hurt you, again." Nian Xiaoyuan made a vow and left the room with ease, never knowing his words changed Se Hua's fate.

Tian Dynasty was annexed by Xuan, becoming an expanding territory. Nian Xiaoyuan is infamous due to his achievement. It reached various nations.

Se Hua recalls her cousin, Se Hong wanted her to visit her palace. She had lived overseas and she grew up there, separated from her cousin. Her parents had died and Se Hong was her family left. Thus, Se Hua agreed happily, wanting to experience what royalty feels like.

That day was ever so memorable for her. Se Hong met her at the dock with a tall striking man and countless servants. Se Hong and Nian Xiaoyuan were stunned to see her. She never knew why but she paid no mind to it and quickly greeted them.

"Your Highness, Your Majesty, long live." She gracefully bowed with the foreign etiquette. When she raised her head, she met Nian Xioayuan's deadly glare.

"Se Hong, is this a joke?" He grimly asked.

"No, no! Your Majesty, it was never my intention!" Se Hong quickly said. She also never expected her cousin to be identical to Hong Cha!

"Cousin..? Your Majesty? Is there a problem?" Se Hua asked without any idea. She received a strange look from Nian Xiaoyuan before he left in anger. "Cousin? What's wrong? Why did the emperor leave?"

"Its... Its complicated, quick, come with me." Se Hong took Se Hua's hand and hurriedly brought her to the carriage. Once both of them are alone, Se Hong breathed out. "Cousin, I never knew you will grow up this fine."